Skip to content

Post your guy!

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Click on the image

Tried that both in chrome and IE. Not the end of the world or anything.
  • doodlesdoodles Member Posts: 14
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    So yeah, finished the game with Ravayu (I'll post up the journal at some point for those interested), so now here's character #2.

I was pretty pleased with the roll overall (a very nice 96) and another playstyle self-challenge; Pantalion will not use a single damage dealing, poisoning, diseasing, killing, petrifying or otherwise overtly harmful spell the entire playthrough. This includes damaging wands and, provisionally, Melf's Meteors, both of which I relied on quite heavily in my last game.

Of course I may end up missing MMM so much I decree it a loophole, like summoning creatures is.

The portrait's just a quick modication in GIMP of some fantasy art I stumbled across via google, if anyone wants the portrait files, lemme know and I'll link them up.
  • AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
    Pantalion said:

if anyone wants the portrait files, lemme know and I'll link them up.

That'd be nice
  • NukeninNukenin Member Posts: 327
    Tonights no-reloads solo runner (only on core difficulty, though):

• MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Nukenin said:

I can't tell if you're kidding or sporting some serious brass ones.
    Madhax said:

Nukenin said:

I can't tell if you're kidding or sporting some serious brass ones.
    Let's just say it will probably be a short run.

I already had to sacrifice splint mail (weight 40) for studded leather (weight 25) just to ensure I can carry healing potions (weight 1 each) and some semblance of loot. This puts Taxi's AC at a nice round 10.

Alas, he's actually got some offensive capability, since I gave him two pips in quarterstaff and the other two in two-weapon fighting. He might make it to the Friendly Arm!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    @Silchas

Here ya go:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

edited December 2012
    I have a feeling that Taxi wouldn't have survived the encounter on the road from Candlekeep had the game not given him a MINHP1 item. He complained about his spleen once or twice as he waddled from the scene. :/

EDIT: Well, he did make it to the Friendly Arm:

I had two guards whaling on Tarnesh, was raging—but didn't stop his mirror image which made things awkward. Then we didn't stop his magic missile.

At least Taxi took out a wolf along the way (and a bonus gibberling). Three healing potions it took!
    Post edited by Nukenin on
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    :(
    Nukenin said:

I have a feeling that Taxi wouldn't have survived the encounter on the road from Candlekeep had the game not given him a MINHP1 item. He complained about his spleen once or twice as he waddled from the scene. :/

EDIT: Well, he did make it to the Friendly Arm:

I had two guards whaling on Tarnesh, was raging—but didn't stop his mirror image which made things awkward. Then we didn't stop his magic missile.

At least Taxi took out a wolf along the way (and a bonus gibberling). Three healing potions it took!

• KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    edited December 2012
    This is my current guy:

We're about to go to the Bandit Camp.
  • CribbianCribbian Member Posts: 19
    edited December 2012
    Double post
  • CribbianCribbian Member Posts: 19

• SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    @Cribbian Watch out! Morrigan's boobs are going to explode!
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    @SpaceInvader I laughed out loud :D

@Cribbian YAY for bringing the sexy back to PCs! :D they do show off their...errm, exceptional charisma scores well in their portraits. :)
  • AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I just started a new game. ;)

• EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    Cool PC's :)

Can't decide who my next one will be..
  • BenjaminBenjamin Member Posts: 39
    Where do you guys get your pics from?
  • Zzidolfas86Zzidolfas86 Member Posts: 77
    edited December 2012

The killing machine
    Post edited by Zzidolfas86 on
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    edited December 2012

She's had the Con tome applied (Dorn got the Cha one - I may Shadowkeeper +1 Cha for him into BG2EE), but is otherwise as rolled (got this on my third roll of the 10 rolls I allowed myself). She's dual wielding Varscona and the Harrower longswords (3 pips in dual wield, none in bows, but with the elf bonus and a decent longbow she hits often enough ranged). Final proficiency I will take in BGEE will probably be Scimitars, maybe Katanas (I want to keep the same proficiencies in BG2EE and have my eyes on Belmand/ or the Zerth blade...)

18/49 Strength is good enough, will increase to 19 with the tome eventually, and in the meantime the level 2 Strength spell can raise it to 18/99. Wisdom sucks, but I needed a dump stat somewhere, so will need potions for the Wish spell in BG2, though will probably use a tome or two to raise it to 7 or 8 to reduce the lore penalty from -20 to -10. I'm also going to give her the Dex and Int tomes.

I picked the new posh British voiceset for her (female 4), which suits, I think.

I intend to romance Dorn, if possible.

I CLUA-ed in the elven chain, as have done the encounter where it's meant to drop, and you can't get the evil-aligned robes of archimagi until very late. I desperately need to find a Blur scroll, though, but it's going to be ages before I get to Sorcerous Sundries in BG :-(

Very happy with how this party is going :-)

I'm *not* going to dual either Imoen nor Viconia BTW.

For BG2 will also be taking Dorn, Viconia and Edwin from this party, and probably Jan and AN other
  • karpaszkarpasz Member Posts: 74

Everything sounds more awzum in Espanol.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Seems Cazador de Muertos Vivientes is the undead hunter. I know which one sounds cooler.
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    edited December 2012
    She'll dual to mage at 9. image
  • PlasticGolemPlasticGolem Member Posts: 98
    Photobucket

Scores taken as initially rolled without modification. As she is (being a young and perhaps overconfident cavalier) the first in to melee, the gloves of dexterity are helping, with the rolled score of 6 being a little lacklustre, and the magic tome has raised her charisma to 19.

The party has just killed Mullahay in the Nashkel mines, and I've tried to play them based on their experiences and character, and ignore any metagame knowledge (so no free ankheg plate or ring of wizardry, for example; and no stealing stuff because she's a naive and noble cavalier let loose on the world to do good for the very first time).

I don't know how the game will progress, since I am trying to play in character, but so far no one has died. I had Xzar and Montaron in the party until taking on Minsc to rescue Dynaheir, but apparently not long enough to trigger a fight between them and Jaheira/Khalid. After rescuing Dynaheir, I left her and Minsc behind and picked up Branwen before heading to the mines, where I added Xan to the group.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

She's had the Con tome applied (Dorn got the Cha one - I may Shadowkeeper +1 Cha for him into BG2EE), but is otherwise as rolled (got this on my third roll of the 10 rolls I allowed myself). She's dual wielding Varscona and the Harrower longswords (3 pips in dual wield, none in bows, but with the elf bonus and a decent longbow she hits often enough ranged). Final proficiency I will take in BGEE will probably be Scimitars, maybe Katanas (I want to keep the same proficiencies in BG2EE and have my eyes on Belmand/ or the Zerth blade...)

18/49 Strength is good enough, will increase to 19 with the tome eventually, and in the meantime the level 2 Strength spell can raise it to 18/99. Wisdom sucks, but I needed a dump stat somewhere, so will need potions for the Wish spell in BG2, though will probably use a tome or two to raise it to 7 or 8 to reduce the lore penalty from -20 to -10. I'm also going to give her the Dex and Int tomes.

I picked the new posh British voiceset for her (female 4), which suits, I think.

I intend to romance Dorn, if possible.

I CLUA-ed in the elven chain, as have done the encounter where it's meant to drop, and you can't get the evil-aligned robes of archimagi until very late. I desperately need to find a Blur scroll, though, but it's going to be ages before I get to Sorcerous Sundries in BG :-(

Very happy with how this party is going :-)

I'm *not* going to dual either Imoen nor Viconia BTW.

For BG2 will also be taking Dorn, Viconia and Edwin from this party, and probably Jan and AN other

BTW if anyone is interested, this evil party set-up is discussed in more detail here:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/205744#Comment_205744