Skip to content

ETA?

Comments

• bgplayabgplaya Member Posts: 129
    @Goddard No, but I am looking into cryogenics as we speak. I'll get back to you on that...
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited February 2013
    So is the MAC version and PC version being sold as separate products?

I ask because other games, say with NWN, you buy one game but can install it on different OSes.

*edit*

OK According to a Tweet by Phil, there is a contract limitation preventing getting access to both versions.
  • Fluid29Fluid29 Member Posts: 62
    7days, 11hours, 35minutes and 97 seconds left...
    Wait a minute... 97seconds?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JairyannaJairyanna Member Posts: 209
    So if every countdown minute lasts 100 seconds, does that mean that every countdown hour last 100 minutes? In which case, are there still 179 real hours left..?

This makes me question everything I thought was real. O_o
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Um, @PhillipDaigle @Aosaw....we've got a clock with base 10 time here!
  • willwillwillwill Member Posts: 23
    Maybe it is in Forgotten Realms time?
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    @Fluid29 Indeed, I just checked the hours also have 100 minutes, as well as the minutes having 100 seconds. Haha @PhillipDaigle or @Aosaw may indeed want to fix this...
  • KampriKampri Member Posts: 42
    @bgplaya- and yet another reason to support beamdog. What a concept in this day and age- companies that have humans working at them with common sense and decency.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I think they have a Yuan-ti pureblood as well. And I'm 93% sure that Coriander is secretly Baatezu.
  • KampriKampri Member Posts: 42
    I was told dwarves and elves actually work at beamdog...
    Damn it.
    I knew it was too good to be true.

On second thought, I prefer your scenario.
    Scooter said:

@Fluid29 Indeed, I just checked the hours also have 100 minutes, as well as the minutes having 100 seconds. Haha @PhillipDaigle or @Aosaw may indeed want to fix this...

@Aosaw @PhillipDaigle
    I'm pretty sure i found the solution:

Replace the 9 inside of the switch-case condition inside of the jquery-countdown.min-javascript file with a 5

---

OR change the endTime variable in line 51 of the main html file to Feb 19 or less, so it leads to less than 100hours in total.
    Try it out ;-) It really works.

Of course that would mean that the game has to be released earlier. So i would prefer the second option.
    Man i can't believe i searched for this mistake for hours during my own work time.
    Hope my boss doesn't read this.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Fluid29 If he reads this, give Fluid29 a raise!
  • GoddardGoddard Member Posts: 134
    Do we have any clerics that can give blessings to our dwarves, elves, yuan-ti, and baatezu developers. Please ensure they make quick work of those dreadful bugs.
  • QbertQbert Member Posts: 195
    1st time Baldurs Gater here. Wanted the game back when i was a kid but it was only for PC and our house was a mac house. Was almost ready to give up and get poe or something else, but preloaded as soon as i saw the announcement. hope mac sales have been robust.
  • avantis100avantis100 Member Posts: 6
    Qbert said:

1st time Baldurs Gater here. Wanted the game back when i was a kid but it was only for PC and our house was a mac house. Was almost ready to give up and get poe or something else, but preloaded as soon as i saw the announcement. hope mac sales have been robust.

Robust? They even set a counter. It's gonna break Faerun!
    These 100 second minutes are killing me...
  • BenNBenN Member Posts: 27
    Bhaaldog said:

@Fluid29 how about speeding the timer up :)

/me casts Haste on http://www.baldursgate.com
    Question:

How will multiplayer be handled for the mac version of this game? Is it cross-platform compatible? I ask because when I had my old copy of BGII:SOA, Gameranger was shoddy at best, and playing this game with other people would be a great experience I imagine.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    bgplaya said:

Question:

How will multiplayer be handled for the mac version of this game? Is it cross-platform compatible? I ask because when I had my old copy of BGII:SOA, Gameranger was shoddy at best, and playing this game with other people would be a great experience I imagine.

I would also really like to know this, I have a couple of PC user friends waiting for me to get the mac version before they purchase - in the hope of doing multiplayer, will it be possible on release?
  • PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    @BGPlaya @Moomintroll:
    @TrentOster on twitter: "Our plan is to do updates in sync with new launches and keep the platforms so they can play together. Current build is a doozy."

So, yes, you can play cross-platform!
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I've played cross-platform with IPad - PC, so I assume it will be the same so long as your versions are the same :)
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    I've done some testing Mac - PC - iPad multiplayer. Works great!
    Good to know everyone. Another thing to look forward to.