Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Series, and Icewind Dale Series Minimal Reload Challenge (Spoiler Warning!)

Comments

• SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    edited November 2013
    First Update!

Warning!: Spoilers, Fourth Wall Breaking, Elf/Half-Elf Fangirling, and things of that nature.

Date: 11/1/2013

I usually don't write journals. Every time I tried I couldn't find words to describe the days events. However, I think this may be a special case. Especially, since if I'm going to want to keep the dates straight.

I woke up, except it wasn't in my bed. It wasn't my room, because last time I checked the walls of my room weren't made out of stone. When I went to go change, the clothes weren't mine. Infact, everything in this room wasn't mine.

When I was done getting dressed in my white, and light purple robe, I checked out the outer room, which was a huge library. The next thing I knew, I was talking to a man with a familiar voice, I mean really familiar. It was obviously Gorion and he was telling me to prepare to leave Candlekeep.

. . . Candlekeep? This could really only mean one thing. I had some how awoken in my favorite game ever. Which meant, if I was talking to Gorion then...Crap. Gorion was going to die!

Sadly, I knew nothing could be done. So, I went to the Candlekeep Inn, spoke to Winthrop, and bought myself some bolts, that I knew I was going to need later. I also spoke to Firebead. He wanted his identify scroll back.

I exited the Inn, and went up the road, speaking to Phyida. She wanted her book back. Then, I turned proceeded down the road, and entered the Priest's Quarters. I knew that Shank was in there, but I just couldn't help myself. Obviously, Shank was trying to kill me, and he had got a lucky hit above my eye, however, I pummeled him to death with my Quarterstaff.

I exited the building, I felt like I needed to throw up since I had just killed a person for the first time. Parda spoke to me, and after that I ran towards the hay where the book was at, and puked all over it. Infact, the poor book had my upchuck all over it now. I returned to Phyida, and apologized for throwing up on her book. She still gave me a gem.

The rest of Candlekeep was quiet, until I ran into Carbos. He had stabbed my arm a couple of times, but I swung my Quarterstaff and killed him. Again, I proceeded to throw up again. This whole adventure was going to go swimmingly.

The rest of Candlekeep was obvious, and quiet. I bought some more arrows and Studded Leather Armor for Imoen, because I knew I would meet her on the road. Gorion and I left, Gorion died to Sarevok, and I couldn't do anything to stop it.

Imoen snuck out of Candlekeep. We met Montaron and Xzar on the road, and proceeded to go to The Friendly Arm Inn. On the way there we found Elminster, questioning my mental health, to which I questioned him about his. Hah.

We made it to the Friendly Arm Inn, rested there, found the Evermemory ring, and we rested again. My spell book also got some new spells in it courtesy of Xzar. I memorized an additional sleep spell, and a chill hand spell.

We fought Tarnesh, if you called it fighting. Xzar cast his Minor Drain, and I used a charge from the Wand of Magic Missile that I borrowed from Imoen. I learned some more spells, Magic Missile, and Burning Hands!

We went into the main building, and met Khalid and Jaheira. They joined our group. We bought Jaheira a new Sling and some bullets. Also, Imoen gave her potions to Khalid. Then, we began our journey to Nashkel.

I know that keeping these made up numbers won't really do anything, but I'll keep them anyway, it might make me feel smart!

Party:
    Sapphire - Diviner - 1 (very bad!)
    Khalid - Fighter - 1 (I'll consider this good.)
    Jaheira - Fighter/Druid - 1/1 (I'll consider this good as well.)
    Xzar - Necromancer - 1 (Enjoy your time in the party because as soon as we can find a replacement...*ahem*)
    Imoen - Thief - 1 (I'll consider this...some what good, and some what bad.)
    Montaron - Fighter/Thief - 1 (Same as Xzar.)

Reloads: 0 (What am I thinking?!)

OOC Notes: Forgot to take a Screenshot at Tarnesh. But, basically, Xzar did like four damage and the wand did 5, therefore, killing Tarnesh easily.
    Post edited by SapphireIce101 on

• Okay, so I started that...somewhat Self-insert playthrough that I was planning on doing when the patch came out.

Weapon Proficiency: *Quarterstaff
    Spells Memorized: Identify, and Sleep.

Mods:
    Paint BG for BGEE
    Some components from BG2 Tweaks.

Difficulty: Normal

That's all I have so far.

it's good to have you back Sapphire...like the CharName too! CT
  • Jaheira, loyal follower of William Thatcher of Candlekeep @ Nashkel Inn.

Key Event: Icharyd Killed William & Branwen after Kobolds had killed Quayle.
    Treasure of note:

Current Disposition:

Next Steps: Party over. Kivan & Immy were left but I've already given this party the benefit of the doubt too many times. Time for a restart. ASAP. I like the PC though. Think I'll just start him over. ..but part of me wants to play a Cleric this time.

Level Up: Branwen to Curate (Cleric/5) & was granted Draw Upon Holy Might & Animate Dead;

Current Party: (Reputation: 16 - Popular)
    William Thatcher: Ftr/4; SMail, 2HSwd*/Fl*/Axe*/(2HWS*, 2WS*); 18/19 11 18 11 11 11
    Khalid: Rgr (Arch)/4; SLthr, LBow**/BSwd* (2WS**,SWS*) w/Br of Arch
    Kivan: Rgr(Arch)/4; SLthr w/Br of Def AC6, LBow**/Spr*/LSwd*(2WS**)
    Branwen: Cleric/5; SMail, Mace, Slg, WHammer
    Imoen: Thf (Swbkl)/5; SLthr, SBow*/SSwd*
    Quayle: Mage(Ill)/4; slg

Mods Used: HardTimes-v2; BG1UB_v12; bg1npc-v20; level1npcs-v1.9; bg2_tweaks-v14; Randomizer-v68; scs-v21 (- Tactical Challenges)

Reloads: 5 (Kobolds, Coast Way & Nashkel Mines); Mulahey; Tranzig; Vampiric Wolf (Temple area)
  • Fellow Minimal Reloaders: Looking for some help. Started a new PC but having some issues & don't wanna get too far before I figure out what's up. Here's the rundown.

I have a fighter w/18/90 strength using a weapon he's proficient in using.

I just noticed while fighting Karlat that the information window is not reflecting my strength bonus...

I just swung @ him & the info window showed: 16+0=16 Miss

Aren't I supposed to be getting something +2 to hit w/18/90 strength? I'd think it would reflect, '16+2=18'.

Or, am I missing something?

I'm playing Tutu w/the following mods:

HardTimes-v2;
    BG1UB_v12; bg1npc-v20
    level1npcs-v1.9
    bg2_tweaks-v14
    Randomizer-v68
    scs-v21 (- Tactical Challenges)

Any thoughts from anyone. Right now I'm pretty bummed. CKT
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418

Fellow Minimal Reloaders: Looking for some help. Started a new PC but having some issues & don't wanna get too far before I figure out what's up. Here's the rundown.

I have a fighter w/18/90 strength using a weapon he's proficient in using.

I just noticed while fighting Karlat that the information window is not reflecting my strength bonus...

I just swung @ him & the info window showed: 16+0=16 Miss

Aren't I supposed to be getting something +2 to hit w/18/90 strength? I'd think it would reflect, '16+2=18'.

Or, am I missing something?

I'm playing Tutu w/the following mods:

HardTimes-v2;
    BG1UB_v12; bg1npc-v20
    level1npcs-v1.9
    bg2_tweaks-v14
    Randomizer-v68
    scs-v21 (- Tactical Challenges)

Any thoughts from anyone. Right now I'm pretty bummed. CKT

Yes I just opened a save (BGEE with new patch) and entered combat with my 18/99 Inquisitor and the attack rolls showed as diceroll+4=X so unless one of those mods changes how the dice rolls are shown it would seem your strength bonus is not being applied.

That is assuming your character is not under any other effect that would lower your strength stat from a spell like ray of enfeeblement or a piece of (non-standard) equipment.

I'm assuming you have already exited and reloaded to see if it was a bug of some sort (perhaps trying a different save game and/or another character either with exceptional strength or one given exceptional strength with a spell or potion.)

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2013
    @CharlestonianTemplar you should have used Turn Undead against those zombies and skeletons.
    UPDATE:
    Kvothe got very bored of the Carnival, he slept to regain the spells, them we headed p to the Nashkel Mines.

The pack of War Dogs was easily killed with a Sleep and a MM, also with some slinging. The gnome and the kobolds un the middle of the map fell to Sleep (the gnome ran away madly, from the kobolds) and we went over Prism, Kvothe decided to help him, because of his great love for art. Greywolf came, and we've crossed him, he made a Crit Hit on Kvothe. First Reload. Luckily I made a save before talking to Prism, and I decided to rest so we can cast some more spells (I only had 3 left), but TEN kobolds woke me up. I casted Sleep, and they've all fell, with seven of them dead, I casted Sleep again (the ones lasting woke up) and killed them with plain sling bullets. We rested and talked to Prism, used our 10 MMs on Greywolf (who got badly Injured) and used an Oil of Speed, then he rolled a 16 (hit) followed by a one (miss) and a 19 (hit) and, that was enough to kill the bounty hunter, and to raise our XP to 9k.
    We picked up the sword he left, the Emeralds and the 2 Gold Pieces.
    We've entered the mine after and slept inside, we killed the two kobolds but Kvothe took some points of damage, so we casted Innate Cure Light Wounds and followed our path to Mulahey... Er, I mean, o investigate those "demons".
    I've agreed to carry a dagger to a miner in a lower level. We improve our FedEx abilities (no, not really, just joking) in our FedEx mission level acceptance, now he can carry weapons inside mines and trees insides elephants.
    Before going to the lower level, we tap Options->Save->Overwrite->Options->Quit Game->Back. The I came here and wrote this.

RELOADS:(1) Greywolf crit hit.

NOTE: I took some screenshots, but I don't have the computer right now. I will upload them today at evening.
    Post edited by CrevsDaak on
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2013
    Our first death and our inventory.imageimageThe scroll case is empty.
    edited November 2013
    11/4/13

We have finally made it to Beregost. Where we met Neera, a wild mage, who was being chased by Red Wizards of Thay! Neera teleported one of the wizards to…well, I don’t know where. After we killed the people chasing her, we let her join our group. We left Xzar, but apparently Montaron wanted to stay with us.

Next, we met a young man named Garrick. Personally, I thought he was kind of cute. So, we helped him, and his Mistress, Silke. Well, up until Silke wanted us to kill obviously innocent men! So, we attacked Silke instead, Neera cast a magic missile at her, and I used my wand again. Montaron and Khalid smacked her with their swords, and Imoen and Jaheira used their ranged weaponry.

Lastly, we entered the Red Sheaf Inn, where were attacked by Karlat. Of course, I knew that this was going to happen. However, I wasn’t aware that he was going to hit me with is axe! Owwie. So, I drank a potion, and then Karlat proceeded to hit Khalid who would heal himself using potions as well. I used my wand, and cast Chill touch. However, it was Neera who got the killing blow.

Party:
    Sapphire - Diviner - 1
    Khalid - Fighter - 1
    Jaheira - Fighter/Druid - 1
    Imoen - Thief - 1
    Neera - Wild Mage - 1
    Garrick - Bard - 1

Reloads: 0
    11/6/13

We finished up some things in Beregost, and then…we started going to Nashkel. I already knew what was there. Another assassin that wanted the bounty on my head because of my heritage, or rather Sapphire’s Heritage.

Upon reaching Nashkel, we met a man named Rasaad. I thought he was kind of awesome, standing up for his beliefs, so he replaced Garrick in our party. Rasaad is a Sun Soul Monk, and he worships Selune.

We entered the inn, only to be subdued by the assassin that I mentioned earlier, except, I have her name now, it is Neira. Neira cast Hold Person, and it hit Imoen. Neera cast Magic Missile, and I was using my wand. I also cast Chill Touch. Jaheira cast bless after Neira cast Entangle. Jaheira also got some hits in before my Wand was out of charges. Once the wand was out of charges, Neira was dead.

Party:
    Sapphire: Diviner - 1
    Khalid: Fighter - 1
    Jaheira: Fighter/Druid - 2/2
    Imoen: Thief - 1
    Neera: Wild Mage - 1
    Rasaad: Sun Soul Monk - 1

• CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    edited November 2013
    BALIAN OF CANDLEKEEP

This PC is based upon Balian, from the movie, Kingdom of Heaven, a historical figure also. In the movie, Balian is contacted by the father he never knew & becomes heir to his household. When his father dies from a battle-wound, Balian becomes the Baron of Ibelin. That will work into the Baldur’s Gate narrative that the protagonist faces as he works to find the nature of his heritage.

Balian will be NG. In the movie, it is the ‘established order’ that often causes Balian conflict but he always leans toward goodness. At the beginning, he is admonished to ‘defend the king’ and he does so until the ‘good king’ is replaced by a ‘bad king.’ Balian is not an individualist b/c in the end he fights for the helpless masses in defending Jerusalem. I’ll try to keep the PC on alignment in making his choices.

I gave him proficiencies in Bastard and two-Handed Swords b/c I see him w/both in the movie. I tossed in Flail b/c I see him w/the Flail of the Ages in BGII if I ever get there – which I RARELY do. Then, I had choice between Axe & a Mace. I chose Axe b/c that will give him a potential ranged weapon w/Throwing Axes. I plan to add Mace next, again looking ahead to BGII and the Mace of Disruption. Then I’ll start working on adding to these or adding appropriate Weapons Styles to build him up. If all goes well, and he doesn't die completely or I don't get bored & start over, he would dual to Cleric @ BGII. I've eliminated the Experience Point Cap from BGI/TotSC so he should have lots of HPs as a fighter by then so he should be really formidable even with low levels as a Cleric then.

I don’t want to but see no way around picking up Xzar & Montaron @ Lion’s Way to face Tarnish. I’ll drop them when I add Garrick. Here’s how I adjusted his ‘biography sketch.’

Balian was raised in the hallowed halls of knowledge called Candlekeep on the Sword Coast. He spent most of his 20 years of life within this keep's austere walls, under the tutelage of the sage Gorion, a minor nobleman. Gorion had him trained as a knight by the Watchers of Candlekeep & study under its learned monks. Acting as his father, Gorion raised Balian on tales of heroes & monsters, lovers & infidels, battles & tragedies. However, one story was always left untold: that of his true heritage.

Key Event:

Treasure of note: 130GPs & A QUARTER STAFF

Current Disposition:

Next Steps: For me, my goals is to, 1) Get past the primary assassins Tarnish, Karlat & Neira w/o a reload & 2) Kill Silke & enlist Garrick into my party at that time. I I’m standing in Nashkel in w/Neira lying dead @ my feet, having survived Tarnish, Karlat & Silke w/o a reload, everything beyond that will be gravy. I’ll likely aid Minsc to rescue Dynahier before heading to the Nashkel Mines. I’d like to negotiate all that & defeat Nimbul too but I’ll take minimum.

Level Up:

Current Party: (Reputation: 11 - Average)
    Balian: Ftr/1 w/QStaff

Mods Used: HardTimes-v2; BG1UB_v12; bg1npc-v20; level1npcs-v1.9; bg2_tweaks-v14; Randomizer-v68; scs-v21 (- Tactical Challenges)

edited November 2013
    Key Event: Garrick, loyal follower of Balian of Candlekeep in Beregost. It seems my fortunes have turned. Yesterday I was employed by an evil witch, Silke, who was using me to lure others to murder for her on the pretense that she was the victim. Then yesterday, a group of adventurers led by a knight named Balian, approached me & accepted the job. Silke played the role of the victim well, but Balian saw thru her evil & would have none of it. Silke turned her wrath on Balian & his followers, killing three of them w/Magic Missiles. Balian rallied the others, Khalid & Jaheira & headed west to the Temple of the Morning where Silke didn’t follow. There Balian raised his friend Imoen & had Cure Light Wounds cast on her and him as he had wounds too. They returned & found Silke defenseless. As soon as they realized Khalid & Imoen’s arrows & Jaheira’s sling stones were landing, Balian moved in for the kill. They surrounded Silke & killed her. I expected her to last longer but I know of at least 2 instances where her spells were disrupted. Once the battle was over, Balian returned to the temple of the Morning & had Montaron & Xzar that had been travelling w/him, raised. They were obviously evil but had helped him & he returned their lives to them for their service. He then accepted my service & released them.

THE WICKED WITCH IS DEAD!

Before he came to Beregost, Balian lived in Candlekeep on the Sword Coast. The story is that he had to leave there in haste w/his stepfather, Gorion, a wizard and sage of some renown. They were ambushed & Gorion was killed. Balian would have been alone accept that his friend Imoen, a Swashbuckler, in her own right had followed them. Imoen joined w/Balian & then they added Montaron & Xzar, an Assassin & a Necromancer, respectively. Balian believed that it was safer to form a temporary alliance w/them until he could safely get to the FAI where he was to meet w/friends. It was a good call b/c they had to battle through a half dozen Xvarts, 12 or so Diseased Gibberling’s & a wizard/assassin, Tarnesh, when they arrived @ the FAI to link up w/Khalid & Jaheira. Khalid is an Archer & his wife, Jaheira, an Avenger. On the way back thru Coast Way they battled more Gibberling’s, Diseased and not so & Bandits.

Balian’s wisdom in taking Montaron & Xzar played out here in Beregost too. He was attacked by another assassin, Karlat, an axe-wielding dwarf when he tried to get a room @ the Red Sheaf after they arrived. He killed Karlat in a fight that emptied into the street. Balian then approached me & here I am.

Treasure of note: Balian won a Heavy Crossbow of Accuracy that he gave to me to use. We also have 2 potions but we’ve yet to find anyone to identify them.

Current Disposition: We are @ the Red Sheaf

Next Steps: Balian is headed south to Nashkel @ the urging of Khalid & Jaheira to meet w/the mayor there

Level Up: None

Balian: Ftr/1 w/C/Mail, L/Shield, B/Sword, Flail, B/Axe, T/Axe
    Khalid: Rgr-Arch/1, S/Leather, L/Bow, B/Sword
    Jaheira: Drd-Agr/1, Leather, Slg, Q/Staff, Scm
    Imoen: Thf-Sbk/1, S/Leather, S/Bow, S/Swd
    Garrick: Bard/1, C/Mail, Hvy C/bow of Acc, S/Swd

Post edited by CharlestonianTemplar on
    Quick update on Sapphire, and probably the last due to her...dying.

11/9/13

We finally left Nashkel, and we were ambushed by a group of bandits. However, we received help from a half-orc man, named Dorn. I had cast sleep, and then Chill Touch. Neera cast magic missile, and the bandits died.

We went to the Carnival after that. Talked to some people, and We're about to enter this tent now, so hope for the best!

However, this would be the last entry of Sapphire's Journal.

Party:
    Sapphire - Diviner - 1
    Khalid - Fighter - 1
    Jaheira - Fighter/Druid - 2/2
    Imoen - Thief - 1
    Neera - Wild Mage - 1
    Rasaad - Sun Soul Monk - 1

OOC Notes: I've decided to let Sapphire remain dead, seeing as if you die in real life you really don't get a second chance. Perhaps I'll begin anew, after playing BG2EE.
    edited November 2013
    Key Event: Garrick, loyal follower of Balian of Candlekeep in Beregost. Balian departed Beregost after the battle w/Silke, intent on getting to Nashkel to investigate the concerns Khalid & Jaheira wanted to check into. It was a task more easily said than done. Balian led us through South Beregost Road (SBR) & then, in the heat of battle w/a band of Hobgoblins on the North Nashkel Road (NNR) , Jaheira took an arrow & retreated south into a small ravine off the road to heal herself before returning to the battle. She didn’t see 2 Vampiric Wolves lying near where she stood & before she knew it she was bitten & Held. Balian knew we had no weapons to deal w/the Vampiric Wolves so we retreated north to the SBR w/them hot on our trail. Balian then tried & tried to secure Jaheira’s equipment so he could have her raised sending Imoen, Hidden in Shadow, to try & retrieve it. Again & again 1 or both of the Vampiric Wolves were near. And then, once when all seemed safe, one of them attacked Imoen from behind & she too, was bitten & Held & killed. We were able to get Imoen’s equipment & eventually able to secure Jaheira’s also. With that Balian took them to the temple of the Morning to be raised. Balian took all we had, including all the spells from Tarnesh’s spellbook & sold them to get Imoen & Jaheira raised. Once he did, he spent the remainder of our gold on 10 enchanted +1 crossbow bolts figuring that those/w/the Heavy Crossbow of Accuracy he was allowing me to wield, would give us the best chance to score hits on the Vampiric Wolves. We rested & headed back to the NNR & tried to stay to the road & avoid the Vampiric Wolves. We came to battle w/4 Bandits & were whooping them good when, again, the Vampiric Wolves appeared. Balian ordered the retreat north again but asked me to try & land a bolt on 1 of the wolves. I missed & they ran me down. All I remember was an icy bite & then helplessness as they moved in for the kill. When I awoke, I was in the Temple of the Morning, weak, but alive. Balian allowed us to rest before we headed back. This time he decided to avoid the road until we reached Nashkel.

VAMPIRIC WOLF MENACE!

Balian finally arrived in Nashkel & after a quick visit to the Nashkel Store, went to the Nashkel Inn, where he was again attacked by an assassin, Neira. Balian had us move into the street & spread out. Before we went out, Jaheira hit Neira w/a Chromatic Orb. At first she didn’t follow us, so Balian went back in a hurled a Throwing Axe @ her before coming back outside. Neira followed this time. W/the entire party firing ranged weapons @ her, her spells kept failing before she could get them off. She was quickly dead.

Treasure of note: Nothing extraordinary, although Balian is able to use the S/Mail that Neira was wearing; We still have the 2 unidentified potions but no one seems to know what they are & neira was wearing a helm we can get identified but are short the gold @ the moment

Current Disposition: Resting @ the Nashkel Inn

Next Steps: Balian wants to find out about the troubles in Nashkel

Level Up: Garrick to Lyrist (Bard/2) selected Armor as his first memorized spell; Imoen to Footpad (Thief-Swashbuckler/2) improved to O/Locks, H/Shadows, F/Traps 35% & M/Silently 30%

Balian: Ftr/1 w/S/Mail, L/Shield, B/Sword*, Flail*, B/Axe*, T/Axe* (2HS*)
    Khalid: Rgr-Arch/1, S/Leather, L/Bow**, B/Sword* (2WS**,SWS*)
    Jaheira: Drd-Agr/1, Leather, Slg*, Q/Staff*, Scm*, Club*
    Imoen: Thf-Sbk/2, S/Leather, S/Bow*, S/Swd*
    Garrick: Bard/2, C/Mail, Hvy C/bow of Acc*, S/Swd*

edited November 2013

...For me, my goals is to, 1) Get past the primary assassins Tarnish, Karlat & Neira w/o a reload & 2) Kill Silke & enlist Garrick into my party at that time. I I’m standing in Nashkel in w/Neira lying dead @ my feet, having survived Tarnish, Karlat & Silke w/o a reload, everything beyond that will be gravy. I’ll likely aid Minsc to rescue Dynahier before heading to the Nashkel Mines. I’d like to negotiate all that & defeat Nimbul too but I’ll take minimum...

I said when I started that if I got thru Tarnesh, Karlat, Silke & Neira w/o a reload, I'd be happy. For me, this is great!!!

JIC you're wondering, the reason my PC kept going back to try & recover Jaheira & Imoen's equipment despite the wolf threat, is that I pretend that while a priest doesn't require the actual body of a slain person to Raise Dead/Resurrect, they DO require something that has a good DNA sampling, e.g. armor, gauntlets, boots, or better yet all of the above.

My next goal is to link up w/Minsc now & head west to save Dynahier & try to accomplish that mission w/o a reload. This will be tough b/c 'wandering monsters', like Winter Wolves & Ogre Magi can end the party quickly & w/SCS loaded the Ogre Magi w/throw 'Sleep' quickly - been there, done that. This will be tough to make w/o a reload. I'll have to play smart w/o using foreknowledge to advantage myself.

Regardless, once I make it, I plan to release Garrick for a sabbatical to work on his music @ the FAI while going forward to the mines w/Minsc & Dy.

Happy tonight though accomplishing this much! Heck, Alabama beat LSU too. GREAT NIGHT!!!

CKT

edited November 2013
    Garrick, loyal follower of Balian of Candlekeep in Nashkel.

Balian added a fifth member to his following, a huge Berserker named Minsc, who was on a quest to save a mage. Balian led us on the difficult trip westward toward a Gnoll fortress where the witch Dynahier was being held. Unfortunately, the trip cost us dearly. In a battle w/2 Winter Wolves our companion Minsc was ‘chunked’ & raising him was impossible. The battle left my liege, Balian, as the only survivor but he collected our equipment & was able to have us raised – all but Minsc that is. Balian, true to his word, w/or w/o Minsc, never wavered from his commitment to rescue Minsc’s witch. W/Minsc’s death, Balian was even more intent on completing that mission to honor his lost companion. Further efforts to make the hazardous journey met w/similar fate when the 5 of us that remained came upon two Ogre Mages who used Sleep to incapacitate Khalid & then myself & Jaheira. Imoen was wounded & Balian was wounded & blinded. Luckily, the Ogre Magi were out of spells & Imoen tried to keep them occupied chasing her until Balian could receive his eyesight back. Unfortunately, she cut it a little too close one time & was cut down leaving Balian alone. Balian was able to parry their efforts to strike him w/their 2-handed swords for what he says seemed an eternity. Then when he could see again he grabbed his throwing axes & fired at the two of them wounding them more & more until he ran out. He then grabbed my Heavy Crossbow of Accuracy & quiver w/enchanted arrows from the ground where I’d dropped them. Though not trained in the use of a crossbow, the enchantment on that weapon along w/the bolts were enough for him to kill the 2 Ogre Magi. He collected enough of our equipment to have us all raised & the most important treasure so to ensure he had the $ to do so. He did.

THE ONLY GOOD OGRE MAGI ARE DEAD OGRE MAGI! NASTY CREATURES THESE ARE!!

We finally got to the Gnoll Stronghold where we destroyed the cave dwelling Gnolls’ servants, Xvarts, who lived in the mountainside beneath the stronghold. We worked through them fairly easily using a ‘tank & artillery’ strategy. Balian moves in, throwing maybe 1 throwing axe & then charging while the remainder of us use our arrows, bolts and stones to pummel the enemy he is engaging. We returned to Nashkel to unload booty & resupply arrows, bolts & stones & then headed back to attack the stronghold proper. Our technique served us well again, although on the trip over we lost Garrick in an ambush of Gnolls. Since Balian didn’t have the gold to raise him, he drove us on to the stronghold where we worked our way through until we were ankle deep in dead Xvarts, Gnolls, Gnoll Veterans, Gnoll Elites & finally the Gnoll Chieftain. Balian rescued Dy & readily allowed her to join us. We returned to Nashkel, unloaded our booty, resupplied & then returned for some mop up work.

ANKLE DEEP IN GNOLLS & THEIR CHIEFTAIN!

Treasure of note: Bracers of Defense AC8 (Dy)

Current Disposition: Resting in Nashkel

Next Steps: Balian wants to head out to investigate the Nashkel Mines

Level Up: Balian to Swordsman (Ftr/3); Khalid to Scout (Rgr-Arch/3); I’ve been granted Sonneteer (Bard/3) & memorized Shocking Grasp; Imoen is now a Cutpurse (Thf-Swblr/3) & improved to 40% in O/Locks, F/Traps, H/Shadows & M/Silently.

Current Party: (Reputation: 12 - Average)
    Balian: Ftr/3 w/S/Mail, L/Shield, B/Sword**, B/Axe/T/Axe* (Flail*, 2H/Sword*, SSS*)
    Khalid: Rgr-Arch/3, S/Leather, L/Bow***, B/Sword* (2WS**, SWS*)
    Jaheira: Ftr/Drd-Avgr//1/1, C/Mail, Slg*, Q/Staff*, Scm* (Club*
    Imoen: Thf-Sbk/3, S/Leather, S/Bow*, S/Swd*
    Garrick: Bard/3, C/Mail, Hvy C/bow of Acc*, S/Swd*
    Dynahier: Mage/3 w/Br of Def AC8, Slg*

@CharlestonianTemplar

I see Imoen is now a catpurse - siamese or calico? LOL

I am thinking about adding my new BG2EE run here - be back later with details...
    edited November 2013
    Wanderon said:

@CharlestonianTemplar

I see Imoen is now a catpurse - siamese or calico? LOL

I am thinking about adding my new BG2EE run here - be back later with details...

I like to use the old level/names from AD&D Players Handbook, i.e. each level came w/a new title, e.g., a 3rd Level Fighter was a 'Warrior', a 3rd Level druid was an 'Initiate of the 1st Circle', a 3rd Level Bard was a 'Sonnateer' and a 3rd Level Thief was a 'Cutpurse.' At 9th Level a fighter became a 'Lord' & at that time was eligible to build a stronghold and, if so, would attract a body of followers randomly chosen by 2 20 sided die - it might be something like a 7th Level fighter as a Captain w/a score of crossbowman & ~ 60 Light Calvary w/lance & side arm. Fun stuff, so I still use the 'old names' for nostalgia purposes.

As for BGIIEE, I think I'm gonna take a run through the 'Black Pits II, Gladiators of Thay' using this party.

I have to go back & reroll them though, cause I just realized I spelled 'Friar Tuck' 'Fryar Tuck' and that'll drive me nuts. Fun party though mixin' Ivanhoe, Robin Hood & Arthurian characters. Think that'll be fun.

CT

@CharlestonianTemplar - Have fun! Black Pits 2 is a wee bit more harder than the first Black Pits, but its still very enjoyable!
    @CharlestonianTemplar

LOL - I thought catpurse was a typo for cutpurse (an archaic term for pickpocket)

Well I have been making and remaking characters for a couple days now - managed to get the stand-alone game d/l and finally figured out how to install Dungeon B Gone on both that version and the beamdog version (and it appears they share the same save game files as well)

I just finished putting together a team of four that I think I may like - I think I'll call them:

The Dead-enders...

Golinda Ghoulsbane F Undead Hunter Lvl-8 (Two handed Sword** /Xbow * /Flail * /THWS**)
    herds the following trio of miscreants:

Bragdok - M half-orc Fighter/thief Lvl -7/8 (19/18/19/11/9/9) Long Sword** /Scimitar* /SWS** /TWS*

Sirinule - F gnome Cleric/Illusionist Lvl-8/8 (14/18/18/19/17/7) Mace* /Sling* /Club* /S&SS*

Robin Bill - M half-elf Jester Lvl-11 (16/18/16/18/8/15) Short sword* /Axe* /dart* /SWS*

Two open slots to add NPCs for quests etc. they look pretty good so far (at Waukeen ( c/o dungeon be gone) just lost Immy and cleared Circus).
    Deadenders Update:

Bypassed Chez Irenicus with Dungeon B Gone did some shopping at Adventurers Mart then cleared the Circus Tent (without using Aerie or letting her join - since I already have a legit C/M)

Met up with Mr Coo then on to Copper Coronet where we picked up Anomen and Nalia and tried to make our way to her embattled home - after numerous interuptions by random & scripted encounters (including refusing Xzars quest) we made it to de'Arnise Keep and failed to find the way in (it had been so long since I had been there I mistook the palisades for part of the keep and carefully skirted the area).

After traveling around the the entire map we returned to Waukeen - sold off some more crap and let Nalia go thinking we would arrive at the back door when we returned if she was there waiting. Such was not the case but the light finally went off and I recognized the palisade and we took her back and entered.

It was very quiet inside - we took out 4-5 trolls in the opening rooms and around the central sunken area then made our way outside where it was also very calm - I don't think we saw a single troll or other enemy as we made our way up to open the gate and only had to help with a handful after the home guard entered the courtyard (and one more inside before the capt left us to finish.

Made our way around the inside perimeter skipping Aunties room thinking to clear the other rooms first but lost everyone except Golinda in the small library room with several trolls and that pesky yuan-ti boss type. (everyone was confused at one point) - I made a save there and started to gather all our junk to put on a shelf while she carried them all back to be raised but decided to call it a day and decide next time whether to do so or reload (leaning toward reload).

I may even go back to an earlier save before we went to the keep the first time to see if entering the area and leaving had anything to do with depopulating the enemies there.

The group is performing very well both as a foursome and with Anomen/Nalia aboard - I have Robin Bill set to control mode so he just hangs out and sings by default which has been quite useful so far in the random encounters altho perhaps not quite as useful as it might be as a skald instead of a jester.
    edited November 2013
    Wanderon said:

@CharlestonianTemplar

LOL - I thought catpurse was a typo for cutpurse (an archaic term for pickpocket)

Uh...you're right, it IS 'cutpurse.'

I need to read more carefully. Thanks for the catch.

Wanderon said:

@CharlestonianTemplar

Uh...you're right, it IS 'cutpurse.'

I need to read more carefully. Thanks for the catch.
    I believe the name is based on the practice of cutting the pocket or purse of a "mark" to more easily remove some of it's contents without the "mark" becoming aware of the theft - requiring a very sharp blade( a straight razor perhaps), a subtle touch and perhaps some assistance from a cohort to divert the marks attention while the act occurs.

edited November 2013
    Wanderon said:

Deadenders Update:

...I made a save there and started to gather all our junk to put on a shelf while she carried them all back to be raised but decided to call it a day and decide next time whether to do so or reload (leaning toward reload).

I may even go back to an earlier save before we went to the keep the first time to see if entering the area and leaving had anything to do with depopulating the enemies there.

The group is performing very well both as a foursome and with Anomen/Nalia aboard - I have Robin Bill set to control mode so he just hangs out and sings by default which has been quite useful so far in the random encounters altho perhaps not quite as useful as it might be as a skald instead of a jester.

Four things:
    1) Did you do the reload? Anytime I feel like I've goofed up & played unrealistically I start having that nagging, 'reload & play right' feeling. Shortly after that, I usually give in & start over.
    2) Now..on the other hand, if I get lucky enough to avoid trolls for one reason or another, and I know I didn't do it on purpose, I let it be. Maybe they were out terrorizing folks in the countryside when your party happened upon D'Arnise Keep.
    3) Love Nalia and Anomen, but Nalia is always in my party. Sometimes I'll play Keldorn so it's a toss up but Nalia is my girl. That's why I always play fighters so I can become Lord of D'Arnise Keep.
    4) So, tell me about the Bard thing. I've got garrick over in BGI but rarely use his battlesong. Does it act like a Bless or Chant spell? Better?

Okay, one more thing. I never finish BGI, so I never actually get to BGII but every two years or so. LOL Although, I'm taking a short break from my party in BGI and playing my Knights of the Round Table/Robin Hood/Ivanhoe group in the Black Pits: Gladiators of Thay game in BGIIEE. That's kinda fun.

Always fun reading your posts. Charlestonian (Knight) Templar!!!

Four things:
    1) Did you do the reload? Anytime I feel like I've goofed up & played unrealistically I start having that nagging, 'reload & play right' feeling. Shortly after that, I usually give in & start over.
    2) Now..on the other hand, if I get lucky enough to avoid trolls for one reason or another, and I know I didn't do it on purpose, I let it be. Maybe they were out terrorizing folks in the countryside when your party happened upon D'Arnise Keep.
    3) Love Nalia and Anomen, but Nalia is always in my party. Sometimes I'll play Keldorn so it's a toss up but Nalia is my girl. That's why I always play fighters so I can become Lord of D'Arnise Keep.
    4) So, tell me about the Bard thing. I've got garrick over in BGI but rarely use his battlesong. Does it act like a Bless or Chant spell? Better?

Okay, one more thing. I never finish BGI, so I never actually get to BGII but every two years or so. LOL Although, I'm taking a short break from my party in BGI and playing my Knights of the Round Table/Robin Hood/Ivanhoe group in the Black Pits: Gladiators of Thay game in BGIIEE. That's kinda fun.

Always fun reading your posts. Charlestonian (Knight) Templar!!!

Wont get to play again until at least Sunday maybe Monday.

The reload decision is mostly about what a hassle it will be to gather everyones stuff - put it in containers so it doesn't disappear - go back and sort through it to grab whatever essentials I can carry on Golinda so the party is not naked when raised and we try to return (almost always triggering at least one random encounter) and perhaps draining our purses (I have not raised anyone yet but am guessing at their current levels it won't come cheap and as I recall we only have a couple thousand gold at the moment.

I did exactly this once in Icewind dale when my rogue was the only one not killed in the battle with the lizard lord and felt a strong sense of accomplishment for doing so but I am thinking perhaps once was enough LOL.

Not a huge fan of Nalia in spite of the fact that the argument can be made that shes the second best mage in the game (behind Edwin of course) - her banter/personality is not appealing to me mostly.

Generic bard song is pretty underwhelming - boosts morale I think and little else as I recall and while singing you can do nothing else also doesn't improve until HLAs in BG2 - for a singing bard I'd go with a skald - some mod for BG1 used to allow you to change NPCs to kits can't recall which one.

• Key Event: Garrick, loyal follower of Balian of Candlekeep in Beregost.

Leaving from Nashkel Balian led us south to the Nashkel Mines. Balian saved a heartbroken artist from the wrath of a bounty hunter who was pursuing him for some gems he stole to complete his work. While his theft was ill-advised his passion for his work was admirable. As an artist myself, I was moved @ Balian’s compassion.

Returning a dagger to a brave minor, Kylee.

So far, Balian has moved thru two layers of the Nashkel Mines. We are finding wildly fantastic stories about the cause of the missing minors ranging from dragons to demons & ghosts but what we are finding is Kobolds. To this point we’ve killed maybe 20 of the things & claimed gold, gems, short swords & short bows.

Treasure of note: Scroll of Color Spray (Dy)

Current Disposition: Unloading treasure and resting in Nashkel.

Next Steps: Return to mines & enter the shaft to the next level down.

Level Up: Jaheira to Warrior/Ovate (Ftr/Drd-Avr 2/2); Imoen to Robber (Thf/4) improved to 50% F/Traps & 45% O/Locks, H/Shadows, M/Silently; Balian, my liege, was promoted to Hero (Ftr/4)

Current Party: (Reputation: 12 - Average)
    Balian: Ftr/4 w/S/Mail, L/Shield, B/Sword**, B/Axe/T/Axe* (Flail*, 2H/Sword*, SSS*)
    Khalid: Rgr-Arch/3, S/Leather, L/Bow***, B/Sword* (2WS**, SWS*)
    Jaheira: Ftr/Drd-Agr/2/2, C/Mail wMShld, Slg*, Q/Staff*, Scm* (Club*)
    Imoen: Thf-Sbk/4, S/Leather, S/Bow*, S/Swd*, Dgr*
    Garrick: Bard/3, C/Mail, Hvy C/bow of Acc*, S/Swd*
    Dynahier: Mage/3 w/Br of Def AC8, Slg*

Alright, so I completed my Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition playthrough as a Elven Wizard Slayer, and I have to say...Maybe Wizard Slayer isn't as crappy as everyone thinks it is. Kind of like how Cernd isn't as crappy as people think he is...Not that I had Cernd in my party. I didn't have enough room! D:

Welp, okay, heres the character. She's a familiar face.
    Weapon Proficiencies: *Quarterstaff
    Spells Learned: Identify, and Sleep
    Mods:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~SETUP-DARKHORIZONSBGEE.TP2~ #0 #0 // "Dark Horizons" Mod for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition: BG:EE v100
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1036 // Make Cloakwood Areas Available Before Completing the Bandit Camp -> All of Cloakwood Except the Mines: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1060 // Breakable Iron Nonmagical Shields, Helms, and Armor: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2192 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Hybrid of Both Methods: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2260 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2270 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2280 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2290 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> No Level Progression Changes, Un-Nerfed Druid Spell Table Only (Blucher): v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2320 // Trap Cap Removal (Ardanis/GeN1e): v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2330 // Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e): v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2351 // Alter Multiclass Restrictions -> Allow non-humans acces to all multiclass combinations: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2360 // Remove Racial Restrictions for Single Classes: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2380 // Remove Racial Restrictions for Kits: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Can Be Angry About Reputation but Never Leave (Salk): v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3190 // Rest Anywhere (Japheth): v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3220 // Sensible Entrance Points: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values: v14
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: v14
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Slightly weaken insect plague spells, and let fire shields block them: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Make spell sequencers, spell triggers, and contingencies learnable by all mages: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Replace BG1-style elemental arrows with BG2 versions: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3021 // Replace many +1 magical weapons with Fine ones -> Fine weapons are immune to the iron crisis: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Re-introduce potions of extra-healing: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Grant large, flying, non-solid or similar creatures protection from Web and Entangle: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // More realistic wolves and wild dogs: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4110 // Allow NPC pairs to separate: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4120 // NPCs go to inns: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4130 // Move NPCs to more convenient locations: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4146 // Skip the Candlekeep tutorial sections -> Skip Candlekeep altogether (warning: breaks the 4th wall!): v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5020 // Remove the blur graphic effect from the Cloak of Displacement: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5050 // Stackable ankheg shells, winterwolf pelts and wyvern heads: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5060 // Ensure Shar-Teel doesn't die in the original challenge: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6032 // Smarter Mages -> Mages never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6042 // Smarter Priests -> Priests never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs -> All of the potions dropped by slain enemies are recoverable: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly harder carrion crawlers: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6320 // Smarter basilisks: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved doppelgangers: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7020 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7030 // Dark Side-based kobold upgrade: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Relocated bounty hunters: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved Ulcaster: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Improved Balduran's Isle: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Durlag's Tower: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Cloakwood Druids: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7100 // Improved Bassilus: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7110 // Improved Drasus party: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Red Wizards: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Improved Undercity party: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7200 // Tougher chapter-two end battle: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7210 // Tougher chapter-three end battle: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7220 // Tougher chapter-four end battle: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7230 // Tougher chapter-five end battle: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7250 // Improved final battle: v27
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7900 // Improved minor encounters: v27
    ~BPSERIES/SETUP-BPSERIES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Detectable Stats v3.1 (required for BPSeriesScript Component): v0.3103
    ~BPSERIES/SETUP-BPSERIES.TP2~ #0 #10 // Innate Spell Fixer: v0.3103
    ~BPSERIES/SETUP-BPSERIES.TP2~ #0 #100 // BP-Series Party AI for BG:EE,BG2:EE and BG2:ToB: v0.3103

Lets hope I don't get any serious bugs. Otherwise how will I get to BG2 and meet. . .
    Hexxat
    edited November 2013
    Kalyinara had entered a building, and attacked her! He took two hits of her quarterstaff before dying, and obviously making Kalyinara very happy.

While taking care of a rat infestation, Kalyinara was attacked by another assassin! However, she had cast sleep, which put the assassin to sleep, which let Kalyinara deal with the rats before having to deal with the assassin when he woke up. First, Kalyinara hit him with her quarterstaff. Next, the assassin got a lucky hit on her, which Kalyinara responded in kind and killed the man with her quarterstaff.

Into another building, and another assassin attacked Kalyinara. However, she cast sleep on this assassin, so all she had to deal with was his sleeping form, which a few hits from her quarterstaff, and he was dead.

On the way to the Friendly Arm Inn, Kalyinara had met Xzar, Montaron, and Eldoth. Upon reaching the Friendly Arm Inn, Kalyinara was attacked by another assassin! Xzar cast Larloch’s Minor Drain. Kalyinara cast sleep, which put the assassin to sleep. Eldoth was singing his bard song. Montaron delivered the killing blow.

Upon arriving in Beregost, Kalyinara met a wild mage named Neera. Kalyinara dealt with some men for a lady named Silke, then killed Silke. Next, Kalyinara entered the Red Sheaf Inn, where there was another assassin. Neera wild surged, and turned herself into a wolf. Kalyinara used her wand of Magic Missile, and that was how the assassin in the Red Sheaf was killed.

On the way to Nashkel, Kalyinara found a drow woman named Viconia, and saved her from a Flaming Fist Mercenary. Then, Kalyinara’s party found another group of assassins. They were killed easily when Kalyinara cast sleep on one of them.

The group met Shar-Teel, and took her along.

Then, they reached Nashkel, and went to the inn, where another assassin attacked. Xzar used Larloch’s minor drain, and Viconia cast bless on herself, Shar-Teel, and Kagain. Then, the assassin was killed easily.

Just outside of the Nashkel mines, Kalyinara was attacked by another assassin. However, once this assassin was injured enough he started to run away. Xzar cast Larloch’s Minor Drain and killed the assassin.

Current Party:
    Kalyinara - Dragon Disciple - 2
    Kagain - Fighter - 1
    Dorn - Blackguard - 2
    Viconia - Cleric - 3
    Shar-Teel - Fighter < Thief - 2 < 1
    Xzar - Necromancer - 1

Reloads: 4

Notes: Lesson here, Dragon Disciple shouldn't get close to danger. Making a note to put a weapon proficiency into Dart when Kalyinara levels up and gets a weapon proficiency. Also, it didn't take very much to get to such a low reputation.
    edited November 2013
    Some more assassins were in the Nashkel Mines. They were dealt with swiftly. Kalyinara cast sleep, and put two to sleep. Then, she cast Mirror Image upon herself. Xzar cast Larloch’s Minor Drain when needed. Viconia cast Bless, and Chant on Kalyinara, Dorn, Xzar, and herself.

The group reached the deepest part of the Nashkel mines. They found a half-orc, and attempted to trick him. However, the half-orc wasn’t that stupid. A battle ensued, where most of the group was fighting Kobolds and Skeletons. Except for Kalyinara she was throwing her darts at the half-orc, she also cast Mirror Image on herself.

On returning to Nashkel, Kalyinara was attacked by another assassin. He went down quite easily. Kalyinara cast Mirror Image. Viconia cast Resist Fear on the group, and as the assassin died, Viconia cast Bless. Xzar also cast a Larloch’s Minor Drain, but it didn’t do much.

The group headed to Beregost, and found Tranzig. It only took a few hits before he went down.

On the way to the Friendly Arm Inn, there was another group of assassins. They were dealt with quickly, Kalyinara cast Mirror Image.

Current Party:
    Kalyinara - Dragon Disciple - 5
    Kagain - Fighter - 5
    Shar-Teel - Fighter < Thief - 2 < 6
    Dorn - Blackguard - 5
    Viconia - Cleric - 6
    Baeloth - Sorcerer - 6

Reloads: 4

Reputation - Really low, probably 1-2.

Notes: I picked up Baeloth. I really like Baeloth. Also, lots of undocumented side area wandering.
    edited November 2013
    Updated to latest patch and restarted the Deadenders run from the beginning so it's effects would work:

Followed the same path - cleared the circus - picked up Anomen and Nalia at the CC - left to do her quest (interrupted along the way with numerous encounters). This time we cleared the keep including the golems which I was ready to bypass if it turned into a reload fest but it only required one (and a rest)!

We did lose Sirinule to the final Umber Hulk and finished off the Troll Trio without her. Nalia is still with us at the moment but I will likely drop her to pick up someone else fairly soon altho I have not put a plan for our next move together yet. Currently we are in Waukeen Promenade having just raised Sirilune and redistributed our gear.

Current levels:

Golinda Ghoulsbane III -F Undead Hunter 9 /
    Two handed Sword**, Flail**, Crossbow*, THS**

Bragdok HO Fighter 8/Thief 10 /
    Long Sword**,Scimitar*, SWS**, TWS*

Sirilune F Gnome Cleric 8/Illusionist 9/
    Mace*, Club*, Sling*, S&SS*

Robin Bill M HE Jester 11/
    Short Sword*, Axe*, Dart*, SWS*

Anomen M Fighter 7->Cleric 11/
    Mace**, Warhammer*, Staff*, Sling**, S&SS**
    ( and of course the one proficiency no cleric should be without Spear**)

Nalia F Thief 4->Mage 10/
    Shortsword*, Shortbow*, Dagger*, Staff*, Dart*

I really dislike playing monks in the IE series but I've been thinking this might be a good group to take Rasaad along at least long enough to do his quest.

Reloads 1 Party deaths 1 (both at Nalia's Keep)

Total kills for the party at 71 according to Info screen
    (no kills in Chez Irenicus c/o Dungeon B Gone)
    Golinda & Bragdok are at 23 & 28 respectively the rest all in single digits with Sirilune bringing up the rear with only 1 - the irony of that being it was an Umber Hulk (which is what killed HER LOL)

BG2EE with 1 mod - Dungeon B Gone

Kalyinara had managed to trick some bandits to taking her to their camp, and then tricked them into thinking she wanted to be a bandit as well.

A battle ensued once Kalyinara entered the tent. Kalyinara cast Mirror Image on herself, and a few sleep spells. Baeloth cast mirror image on himself, as well as a fireball and a few magic missiles. Kalyinara tried to use her breath weapon, but failed. However, by the time that happened, most of the enemies were dead.

On the way back to the Friendly Arm Inn, Kalyinara’s group came across another group of assassins, this group found Kalyinara unredeemable. So blows were struck. Kalyinara cast Horror, and some Melf’s Acid Arrows. Baeloth cast some magic missiles, and chromatic orb. Viconia cast Draw Upon Holy Might, and Resist fear on herself and Dorn.

On the way to the Mines, Kalyinara’s group was attacked by some Amazon Assassins. Kalyinara cast Mirror Image on herself. Baeloth cast mirror image, minor spell deflection, and magic missile. Everyone else attacked normally.

Once reaching the outside of the Mines there was another group of assassins waiting for Kalyinara’s group. Kalyinara cast horror, minor spell deflection, and magic missile. Baeloth cast minor spell deflection, magic missile, and fireball. Viconia cast resist fear. Shar-Teel was popping potions like crazy. Kagain drank a potion of Invulnerability.

The group had reached the end of the mines. They killed Davaeorn quickly. Baeloth and Kalyinara cast minor spell deflection on themselves. Kalyinara cast Mirror Image, and Magic Missile. While Baeloth cast Shield and Magic Missile. Viconia cast Resist Fear, but as she was casting Bless, Davaeorn was dead.

The group had found Simmeon, and easily destroyed him. Viconia cast Resist Fear, and Bless. Baeloth cast Haste and Minor Spell Deflection. Kalyinara cast Minor Spell Deflection.

The group made it to the top floor of the Iron Throne building. A battle broke out; Kalyinara cast Mirror Image, Minor Spell Defection, and Wraithform on herself. Baeloth cast detect invisibility, mirror image, and minor spell deflection.

Kalyinara returned to Candlekeep, and destroyed Reiltar and his cronies. Kalyinara cast Mirror Image. Baeloth cast Fireball, Mirror Image, and Magic Missile.

It was the end battle. Kalyinara and her group destroyed Sarevok, so then she could obtain her birthright. Kalyinara cast Mirror Image, Strength, Magic Missile and Melf’s Minute Meteors. Baeloth cast Mirror Image, Strength, Melf’s Minute Meteors, and Magic Missile. Viconia cast Chant and Animate Undead. Dorn used his Poison weapon ability. Kagain basically popped a lot of potions.

Party:
    Kalyinara - Dragon Disciple - 9
    Kagain - Fighter - 8
    Shar-Teel - Fighter < Thief - 2 < 9
    Dorn - Blackguard - 8
    Viconia - Cleric - 8
    Baeloth - Sorcerer - 9

Reloads: 5

Notes: Well, I didn't think I would get finished with BGEE today. Also, There were other screenshots, but apparently they got eaten! Well...Onwards to BG2EE.