Skip to content

Your favourite battles (BG1/BG2)

13»

Comments

• TurinTurambarTurinTurambar Member Posts: 17
    My favourite battle of BG2.. I had so many.. But the ones I liked the most was those you needed your brain more functionnal than ever, use every abilities of each of your characters and not just rush on the ennemie without thinking! That makes boring fights and often, you get killed especially if you play on the hardest difficulty.

So I would say that the fights against Firkraag, Kangaxx, The battle for the legendary Staff of Magi, Irenicus as well, The guarded compound (Celestial fury... haaa my favorite on handed weapon of the game), so many.. All these fights need at least a couple of reload AND patience if it's your first time and that's what I liked!
    Finally, one of the funniest battle I had, was against the lich of the Bridge district to get the Daystar, I was so low level... But my trick was to enter the room, let her cast her protection, leave the room, get some sleep in the inn, go back and realize that the lich had lost all his protections mouhaha :P So the goal was to kill her before she cast Time stop because after that it was literally too difficult for my level :O

Sorry for my bad English!
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited September 2012
    The battle with Aec'Letec and his cultists. I ended up sealing him in a resillient sphere while I wiped out his cultists, and then once they were all dead, started tearing into him. And ohh lord, even when his cultists were gone, he still managed to chunk Safana. Well, guess what, Safana's coming back for you this December, Aec'Letec! Joining her will be a half-elven wild mage, a Fighter with a Fabio portrait, and the rest!

The battle with Sarevok. I popped a couple of bolts of biting into him, some darts of wounding, and I believe an acid arrow or two. :3 Then, it was one-on-one with the other Bhaalspawn (half-elven fighter/magic-user) and Shar-Teel. He ended up getting bricked by a magic missile from Imoen.

The fight with Firkraag was memorable because I had Romantic Encounters installed and chose to hit on him before fighting him, because he rejected the Bhaalspawn. "Hey, baby." "Eww, get away." *schllkt!* -The party has gained experience.-

The amazons east of Nashkel, and the predominantly dwarven and gnomish ambush party outside of Gullykin.

Faldorn versus Jaheira.

Bhaalspawn versus...who was it, Amalas, in the Copper Coronet? I like to make that one slow.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    The assassination attempt outside the Nashkel Mine

The Mage at the Friendly Arm Inn (especially if you don't get the potion from Candlekeep Inn)

Aec'Letec

Sarevok

Any dragon battle

Sewers and Guarded Compound in BG2

Party before the cloakwood mines

Bandit Camp group (inside the hut)

So as most people have said. Basically its the "fighting an opposing party" scenarios
  • DannyDanny Member Posts: 77
    edited September 2012
    Killing all the Drows in Ust Natha during & after the Adalons Egg main Quest. With the suitable answer to Elhan nearly "When I leaved the Underdark all Drows were dead and blood-sheding...". xDDDD
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited September 2012
    elminster said:

@tilly I never really got the point of those assassins that you find in the middle of the wilderness. Like, were they just so incompetent that they lost their way, or were they just hoping to find you strolling around the wilderness unprepared? :)

There's a bounty on your head, IIRC. So just as in RL a bounty hunter would talk to locals, follow leads, etc. It's not far-fetched, really. And the Sword Coast is teeming with monsters. So it makes sense that the hardiest and most motivated/resourceful are going to actually find you. Plus some luck on their part (in finding you at least).
  • KenKen Member Posts: 226

I always liked the fight with Teyngan, Jemby and Zekar on the Fisherman's Lake map (the one where you find Drizzt). They can make a real mess of an unwary low-level party. It's one of those encounters that I look forward to and dread at the same time. I always feel like I should make myself walk into them with no preparation but I know if I do there's a good chance I'm going to get my butt kicked.

Haha! When I used to mod BG1 I tried to make them an NPC mod. I thought they where well rounded and had some personality. +3 npc's at once was new.

BUT having a Hobgoblin character and opening the item screen caused the game to crash :( So, I dropped the idea
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    Lemernis said:

elminster said:

@tilly I never really got the point of those assassins that you find in the middle of the wilderness. Like, were they just so incompetent that they lost their way, or were they just hoping to find you strolling around the wilderness unprepared? :)

There's a bounty on your head, IIRC. So just as in RL a bounty hunter would talk to locals, follow leads, etc. It's not far-fetched, really. And the Sword Coast is teeming with monsters. So it makes sense that the hardiest and most motivated/resourceful are going to actually find you. Plus some luck on their part (in finding you at least).
    Fair enough I suppose.