Skip to content

Sword Coast Stratagems now available for BG:EE

Comments

• WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Just went to Gullykin and got the feedback when I clicked on the back door to the boss that the way was locked but after some lag it let me through anyway.
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    Ok ive installed SCS and i got huuuge lags. Why??
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    @manero: not uncommon (but not universal either) - SCS uses some very long scripts. My general experience is that a lag on the start of a map is not avoidable, but if you're seeing lags during combat it may be something specific about your setup. Beyond suggesting that you defragment and BIFF your override, I don't have much to suggest.
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    It usually happens when i fight improved kobolds.
    Just fought Taven in Larswood and his men didn't go hostile when he did and just stood around and watched their boss die.
    You can't get good help nowadays.

(Either that, or it's a bug; will chase.)
  • hallderekhallderek Member Posts: 3
    Can someone explain how to use the "ease-of-use party ai"? I want to set it to "2", but don't know where to do it. Also, when I configure the hot-keys, they revert to default every time I load the game.
  • DrEastDrEast Member Posts: 113
    Loving this, but I have one minor buggish thing to report.

I'm soloing through with a drow figher/mage/thief. For my own purposes, I used shadowkeeper to give him a MR of 65 (equal to viconia's) and bumped his reputation down (basically, I made him a drow). However, with certain equipment his MR is now 100. Throughout the playthrough, mages have been acting strangely. Instead of either uselessly casting spells or trying to beat on him with weaponry, they invariably turn invisible and run away. I have to hunt them down with detect invisibles just to get them to fight! Is this behavior intended? I could see how it would play in an RP sense, but it seems counter-intuitive to have enemies that won't actually fight. (Incidentally, this behavior started before I hit 100 MR... I'm thinking it has something to do with the soloing and target acquisition rather than the MR.)
  • DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    i guess Detectable Spells is telling them that you used shadow keeper to boost your MR and they refuse to fight under that unfair circumstances... just kidding
    anyway it seems fine to me, if a mage can't beat an opponet with spells he better runs far and fast
  • KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    manero said:

Ok ive installed SCS and i got huuuge lags. Why??

The lag only occurs for me in areas with lots of kobolds (firewine, nashkel mines) and gradually becoming less laggy as i kill them off.

Seems to be an issue with the dark side based kobold upgrade...

DrEast said:

Loving this, but I have one minor buggish thing to report.

I'm soloing through with a drow figher/mage/thief. For my own purposes, I used shadowkeeper to give him a MR of 65 (equal to viconia's) and bumped his reputation down (basically, I made him a drow). However, with certain equipment his MR is now 100. Throughout the playthrough, mages have been acting strangely. Instead of either uselessly casting spells or trying to beat on him with weaponry, they invariably turn invisible and run away. I have to hunt them down with detect invisibles just to get them to fight! Is this behavior intended? I could see how it would play in an RP sense, but it seems counter-intuitive to have enemies that won't actually fight. (Incidentally, this behavior started before I hit 100 MR... I'm thinking it has something to do with the soloing and target acquisition rather than the MR.)

I like this mod even more now. I thought Vic had 50 or 55 MR in BG1?
    It's not exactly intended - it's emergent behaviour. The script looks for a target that it can hit with spells. Some spells it doesn't try on anyone with MR above 75% or so; it never tries spells on anyone with MR 100%+. If it can't find a target, it does a relatively crude check to see if it's run out of offensive spells; if so, it gets into melee. In your case, the AI thinks "I still have lots of attack spells, I just can't use them yet - so let's stay out of the way and wait for an opportunity.

In BG2, where MR and the like are relatively common, you'll often see wizards trying Lower Resistance and the like. In BG1 they don't have those resources available, and (Shadowkeeper excepted) the PC doesn't have the resources to increase MR to the problematic range long-term.
  • emjayemjay Member Posts: 84
    Hey uh.... during the Mulahey fight, are there supposed to be like unlimited spawns of kobold commandos etc? It is kind of silly, poor kagain can't even move and everyone else is getting instahit with like 6 fire arrows
    No.
    DavidW said:

In BG1 they don't have those resources available, and (Shadowkeeper excepted) the PC doesn't have the resources to increase MR to the problematic range long-term.

Actually, technically they do: Viconia with a Cloak of Balduran would fit the bill (with the rest of the party easily going invisible with a 10' radius spell), and would result in this behavior when she tries to "solo" opposing mages. Again, not really a complaint, except that it seems to be punishing exactly the strategies that are supposed to succeed against these types of opponents.
    Well, are they supposed to succeed? If I'm a mage, and my opponent has 100% magic resistance and is wearing plate mail and carrying a mace, do I (a) make a suicidal attempt to kill them in melee despite that fact that I'm a completely hopeless front-liner, or (b) hide?
    In most cases, I'm absolutely right there with you, except it has a possibility to break the game near the end when facing off against the mage in the iron throne base who has the info needed to take on Sarevok's assassins (is there an alternate way to progress at that point?). Again, you're right that barring Shadowkeeper players can't get their MR high enough to matter, but it's still a potential concern.
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    It's still possible to kill the mage though right? You just have to hunt it down/use detect invisibility?
    DrEast said:

In most cases, I'm absolutely right there with you, except it has a possibility to break the game near the end when facing off against the mage in the iron throne base who has the info needed to take on Sarevok's assassins (is there an alternate way to progress at that point?). Again, you're right that barring Shadowkeeper players can't get their MR high enough to matter, but it's still a potential concern.

Take off your gear.
    And Viconia has 50 MR right?
    How much MR can Viconia get? 50 base +25 cloak?
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    edited February 2013
    DrEast said:

when facing off against the mage in the iron throne base who has the info needed to take on Sarevok's assassins (is there an alternate way to progress at that point?).

You don't need the infos to find them (or bg:EE changed it), just go to the location. Otherwise
    Husam can lead you to them too

• RasekovRasekov Member Posts: 59
    I do like this "feature" with MR.

Even if you modified your main character for roleplaying reasons, you are still giving him a powerup that puts him way outside of the intended power and abilities of the game, so it's a cheat. For most of the game it will be beneficial to you since magic will not be able to touch you and you will get away from a few difficult fights unscratched, but it seems at least a bit fair that you can't ignore magic users completely for the whole game.

And actually the solution for the few fights where this would prevent you from advancing is quite simple, just unequip a MR item and they will again fight you, you'll retain most of your advantage(75% MR is more than enough IMO) and can go on with the game.
  • mars0124mars0124 Member Posts: 180
    edited March 2013
    Sorry to say @DavidW, but it looks like your mod is off of the iPad compatible list as of the v2014 update. I'll purge BG and try again just in case its me, but otherwise would you be willing to work with me to bring this back to the iPad like in the distant past (this morning)? Attached is a debug if you want to have a look:
    WeiDU v 23106 Log

setup-stratagems.exe
    [./CHITIN.KEY] loaded, 497368 bytes
    [./CHITIN.KEY] 195 BIFFs, 35112 resources
    [dialog.tlk] loaded, 4529134 bytes
    [dialog.tlk] 32150 string entries
    [setup-stratagems.exe] Using scripting style "BG1"
    [dialog.tlk] claims to be writeable.
    [dialog.tlk] claims to be a regular file.

Choose your language:
    0 [English]
    1 [Espanol (www.clandlan.net)]
    2 [Polski (Yarpen)]
    3 [Deutsch (Leonardo Watson)]
    4 [Francais (Mornagest)]
    5 [Italiano (Stoneangel)]
    6 [Russian (Prowler)]
    7 [Korean (Menocu)]
    Using Language [English]
    [English] has 1 top-level TRA files
    [stratagems/tra/english/english.tra] has 975 translation strings

Would you like to display the components from [Spell tweaks]?
    [Y]es, [N]o?
    Would you like to display the components from [Item tweaks]?
    [Y]es, [N]o?
    Would you like to display the components from [Gameplay tweaks]?
    [Y]es, [N]o?
    Would you like to display the components from [Cosmetic and ease-of-use tweaks]?
    [Y]es, [N]o?
    Would you like to display the components from [AI enhancements]?
    [Y]es, [N]o?
    Would you like to display the components from [Tactical Challenges - BG1]?
    [Y]es, [N]o?
    Would you like to display the components from [Tactical Challenges - BG2]?
    [Y]es, [N]o? THUMBMOD.TP2 0 0 Installed

Install Component [Initialise mod (all other components require this)]?
    [I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
    Installing [Initialise mod (all other components require this)] [v22(BETA)]
    DISABLE_FROM_KEY [IPLOT01K.ITM]: file does not exit
    CHITIN.KEY copied to stratagems_external/backup/1000/CHITIN.KEY, 497368 bytes
    KEY saved (195 biffs, 35112 resources)
    [chitin.key] loaded, 497366 bytes
    [chitin.key] 195 BIFFs, 35112 resources
    DISABLE_FROM_KEY [IPLOT04G.ITM]: file does not exit
    DISABLE_FROM_KEY [IPLOT04H.ITM]: file does not exit
    DISABLE_FROM_KEY [IPLOT04I.ITM]: file does not exit
    DISABLE_FROM_KEY [XR2400.ARE]: file does not exit
    DISABLE_FROM_KEY [XR2600.ARE]: file does not exit
    Copying and patching 1 file ...
    [stratagems/stratagems.ini] loaded, 816 bytes
    Copying and patching 1 file ...
    Copied [temp_file] to [temp_file2]

[temp_file2] PARSE ERROR at line 1 column 0-11
    Near Text: input
    GLR parse error

[temp_file2] ERROR at line 1 column 0-11
    Near Text: input
    Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: parsing [temp_file2]: Parsing.Parse_error
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Initialise mod (all other components require this)], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/1000/OTHER.1000]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/1000/OTHER.1000")
    [stratagems_external/backup/1000/UNSETSTR.1000] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 2 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
    Restoring backed-up [stratagems_external/backup/1000/CHITIN.KEY]
    stratagems_external/backup/1000/CHITIN.KEY copied to CHITIN.KEY, 497368 bytes
    [./CHITIN.KEY] loaded, 497368 bytes
    [./CHITIN.KEY] 195 BIFFs, 35112 resources
    Uninstalled 2 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
    Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/1000/READLN.1000]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/1000/READLN.1000")
    Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/1000/READLN.1000.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/1000/READLN.1000.TEXT")
    THUMBMOD.TP2 0 0 Installed
    ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
    PLEASE email the file SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG to davidw, Gibberlings3 forums
    Using Language [English]
    [English] has 1 top-level TRA files
    [stratagems/tra/english/english.tra] has 975 translation strings

Install Component [Initialise mod (all other components require this)]?
    [I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?

Thanks for all of the work you do!
    Post edited by mars0124 on
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    I was able to get this installed for my iPad. I suggest starting with a clean copy of all files before installing any mods. There does seem to be an issue with the Bassilus component, but I think that was reported above already as being the same on the Windows version.
    Yep installed fine for me, didn't observe any issues when I installed.
  • mars0124mars0124 Member Posts: 180
    Updated: worked fine if I copied BG to PC manually. It turns out my script isn't working properly with v2014. I have to look into that... but not today :)
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Mod working well on ipad for now..I have noticed some creatures having inappropriate saving throws as well. Those spiders in Beregost, they made a save vs death:4 when targeted by a sleep. Sadly, this makes most of the bread and butter disabling spells useless for the many common enemies in the game. I can edit each creature file via shadowkeeper to fix saves, but it is such a chore.. Oh well. Should study magic missile instead of sleep, at least it is always reliable (unless you are a wild mage, that is.)
    Sorry (I warned you it was a beta!)
    Okay, saving throw problem understood: for some random reason, the relevant creatures all have their level set to 30. (This is a vanilla-BG error carried through to BGEE). It's hardly visible in normal play, but SCS uses creatures' levels as a basis for working out their correct saving throws.