Skip to content

Sword Coast Stratagems now available for BG:EE

Comments

• EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    So, nobody has problem with instaler?
    "** ERROR ** [SETUP-STRATAGEMS_AUTOINSTALL.TP2] not found.
    Make sure that you have unpacked the archive correctly and
    that you are not trying to run this file from inside an archive.[setup-stratagem
    s_autoinstall.exe] Using scripting style "BG1""
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    @Etamin try running setup-stratagems.exe instead. The one without the "_autoinstall" on it's name!
  • Kk3Kk3 Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    I bought BG:EE from Steam, and it seems that the file structure is different that the installer suggests. There are no folders at all in the data folder (the mentioned 00764). Also the chitin.key is in the games root folder and dialog.tlk is not. I tried to point the installer to game's root folder but the installation does not finish.

How should I proceed to get the stratagems working? Thanks in advance!

__

[D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\setup-stratagems
    _autoinstall.exe] WeiDU version 23100

** ERROR ** [SETUP-STRATAGEMS_AUTOINSTALL.TP2] not found.
    that you are not trying to run this file from inside an archive.
    ERROR: Unable to find DIALOG.TLK in:
    dialog.tlk

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Unable to find DIALOG.TLK")

Press ENTER to exit.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited March 2013
    Where did you extract the mod? It should be in the main BG:EE folder and you should work the executable there AFAIK.

Dialog.tlk is actually in the languages/en folder, you should copy the original dialog.tlk as a back up to some place first, so if anything goes wrong you have a clean backup.

Then paste a copy of the dialog.tlk to root folder where mod can see, install, then the mod has edited the dialog.tlk there, you should replace it with the old one in languages folder so the game can see the changes.

You can find more detailed info in this thread, too.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6950/player-how-to-getting-mods-to-work-on-bgee/p6
    Thanks lunar, that solved one problem.

Now when I try to run the setup-stratagems.exe in my BG:EE folder error comes up after selecting the components and trying to install. Is this some known error or should I sent the debug email to davidw as suggested?

__

Installing [Initialise mod (all other components require this)] [v23(BETA)]
    Copying and patching 1 file ...

ERROR Installing [Initialise mod (all other components require this)], rolling b
    ack to previous state
    Will uninstall 4 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
    Uninstalled 4 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
    ERROR: Sys_error("override: Invalid argument")
    PLEASE email the file SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG to davidw, Gibberlings3 forums
    Using Language [English]
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    @Kk3 Looks like your version doesn't come with an override folder, you just have to create it.
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    Reading stickied topics that say exactly what you are trying to do is probably a good idea.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6950/player-how-to-getting-mods-to-work-on-bgee#latest
    Yeah I created the override folder and the installation was successful. Thanks to all helpers!
  • mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    Etamin said:

that you are not trying to run this file from inside an archive.[setup-stratagem

i have the same problem! and didnt solve it

Kilivitz said:

@Etamin try running setup-stratagems.exe instead. The one without the "_autoinstall" on it's name!

it works! thx

edited March 2013
    It seems that there is a bug with monsters spawning in Mulahey battle. They keep spawning even after he is dead.
    Post edited by Kk3 on
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Just fought Bassilus. I think in V22 he was erroneously a level 17 caster or some such I thought I saw you mention and I experienced this in game but that was fixed in V23?

Anyway, he just summoned an aerial servant which threatened to take my level 4 party apart. In the end I took it down with 0 casualties. Is this WAI or something left over?
    Ooh I thought SCS scripts did not allow lvl 6 spells casting! I've killed Bassilus so fast he couldn't get a single spell, I am curious now. I would love to see a high lvl enemy cleric casting Aerial Servant, Harm, Blade Barrier, etc.
    I just killed Deaveorn. after his AoE spell rampage directed to empty rooms he decided not to fight.... :-(
  • iRZHYiRZHY Member Posts: 2
    Kk3 said:

It seems that there is a bug with monsters spawning in Mulahey battle. They keep spawning even after he is dead.

I have a same bug :( Anybody know how to fix it?

Just created some Wolves created via wand of monster summoning and they ran away! I like this feature for random encounters but when I summon some fodder I want it to fight!

Not sure if it could actually be useful having spread out summons to soak AoEs but doesn't seem WAI :)
    The fight with Davaeorn seems buggy, he ended up just standing there and letting me beat on him. I thought he might have run out of spells but a dryad got a dominate off and he had heaps left.
    Wowo said:

The fight with Davaeorn seems buggy, he ended up just standing there and letting me beat on him. I thought he might have run out of spells but a dryad got a dominate off and he had heaps left.

Yea the same for me with exception he started his AoE spell rampage (which none of them hurt my team) teleported to me and.. that's it

• LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    Same thing happened to me, but I didn't complain about it because it was the only way I managed to kill Davey.

Seriously, fuck mages that can instantly buff. Mindway through my game I re-installed SCS, and took out that whole instabuff thing.

But that's the nice thing about this mod. If you run into something that completely destroys your game experience, you can simply bypass it and get all of the other great improvements.
    Davaeorn is buggy, yes, I edited his cre file to change his script to general high lvl one. He does not do his Davaeorn trademark teleport around but uses all of his spells to good effect.
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    So i just fought Slythe in the sewer with SCS installed and what a disappointment. I always saw him as a badass murderer with 3.5 or 4 attacks per round, but now he only has 2 apr, is lvl6, with 1point in short sword proficiency and worth 650xp. He used poison weapon but nothing more (i imagine he is supposed to use stealth), so why those changes ? He was more dangerous with his unmodded stats.

Also, i don't know if it is due to SCS or a bug but during the fight with sarevok's dopplegangers in the ducal palace, sarevok attacked some of the doppleganger and killed the last one, thanks for the help.
  • DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    edited April 2013
    Noon, I'm totally agree with this change. SCS main rule is enemy uses same rules as you, and vanilla Slythe does not. SCS changes him into an assassin (and as any other thief kit he has 1 APR) and he's using combat potions: speed (therefore 2 APR), invulnerability.... You are right, Slythe should be hiding and backstabbing, that's what assassins are suppose to do, but 3.5 APR is fighter territory

However, the readme states that Slythe gains a level (which brings his backstab into quadruple-damage territory), so he should be level 9. If he's level 6 that might be a bug
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    edited April 2013
    mackos said:

Etamin said:

I have the same problem, and i got an override folder created and made the hardcode for dialog.tlk

Help? :(
    Post edited by AlexDeLarge on
  • teancum42teancum42 Member Posts: 7
    Regarding the never-ending kobolds in the Mulahey fight, I uninstalled both the 'improved kobolds' and the 'tougher chapter-two end battle' and, unsurprisingly, the problem was fixed. The fight was also really easy (especially after going through the mines with the improved kobolds and better calls for help for the first time) but at least I can advance the plot.

In other news, the bears seem to be moving even slower, if that is possible, since installing the 'fast bears' component.

I'm having a good time going through the game with SCS for the first time. Thanks for your hard work.

mackos said:

Etamin said:

I have the same problem, and i got an override folder created and made the hardcode for dialog.tlk

Help? :(
    mackos said:

Kilivitz said:

it works! thx

• AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    It doesn't work. When i try to install the core Component, it gives error and tells me to email DavidW.
  • aldainaldain Member Posts: 308
    Kk3 said:

Yeah, I'm getting the same bug. I hung around with my invisible Sorcerer for a while, and they'll literally keep spawning until there's no more room. Patch 2014, SCS v23 (from the link in the OP), no other mods installed.

• mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    if install scs will it affect all saved games or only new saves?
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Components that affect NPCs might require a new game, unless you still haven't met them.

AI components and the such should work on previously saved games, if I'm not mistaken.