Skip to content

Sword Coast Stratagems now available for BG:EE

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @kamuzin
    Calm down and tone down. There is no reason to be so aggressive. Is that clear?
    Blash
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited June 2013
    By reading my entire post, you truly see me as the agressor? Cos by look the issue, evaluating my reactions with the other guy reactions i can't see that this way.

By starting here to my previous post, am i the agressive one in the discussion or the one who start offenses? Don't take me wrong in these statements @Aedan, as i'm really trying to figure out if i'm the one wrong or if i have been wronged and made a just reply.

By an self-criticism analysis, i can't see my behavior as agressive, i see it as reactive.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    @kamuizin bah, just ignore people that provoke you :)
    As for this mod, we just have to wait for David to come back.
    The legend says that, since he was the only one able to predict and outsmart the AI of the programs, he entered the Matrix to save Zion once and for all.
    kamuizinAntonDexterRandall
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    kamuizin said:

do you have a mental problem?

kamuizin said:

Is this stupidity towards me really necessary

Do some "self-criticism analysis", to use your words.
    If you want to clarify the matter with Blash, do it via PM. End of the story.
    edited June 2013
    You didn't even ponder the situation from a neutral perspective, other member even flaged as abuse his comment, and you cut the end of my 2° phrase what totally change the inteded idea behind it:
    Is this stupidity towards me really necessary, did my previous reply offended you in some way i'm not aware of?
    This is my Self-criticism . At first, being late and having being a quick answer of my part i really thought that i could have been harsh in my words, gone over some limits, but reading again now i see i hold every reason to make that statement and my "ONLY" harsh phrase:
    Dude i have to ask, do you have a mental problem?
    was surely well placed.

The problem sequence followed as bellow:
    kamuizin said:

So any chance of fixing Improved Mulahey anytime soon?

Blash said:
    kamuizin said:

huh, what? That's a link for the official patch, i meant to know if a fix to improved mulahey (an enhancement of Sword Coast Stratagems mod) has any chance to be fixed soon.

The devs doesn't fix bugs introduced by mods.

Blash said:

I did care about pointing to the right source of information, so you can read and understand the whole matter, or you can read not and go on wondering. Writing more useless questions I think is called spam.

So:
    Writing more useless questions I think is called spam
    Is this a normal answer that deserve no reply? I will not take offense light, but neither i will lost my reason with abusive offenses, i could just flag his comment but i thought a proper answer in order.

Obs: Unless you become my boss lately and pay my wages, what no one updated me, avoid phrases like "is that clear" @Aedan.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Aedan is a moderator on the forums, so yes, in a way, he is your boss.

If you wish to discuss it with him, do so through PM. There's no need to derail this thread any further.

It's been a while since @DavidW has checked in; so to answer your initial question, it certainly won't be before he comes back.
    edited June 2013
    Off-Topic content removed. As noted before, please take it to PMs. ~Dee

About my initial question, thx for the reply, i didn't know that David was absent. Any idea of when we will be back?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Not at the moment, no. My guess is that life has gotten in the way, in the way that it often does.
  • karpaszkarpasz Member Posts: 74
    This mod doesn't work for me. Had some problems when installing it, suddenly it did install - however, after first cutscene (speaker-voice scene), a CK Watcher approaces PC, initiaties dialogue, then "failure with string 399***" and game freezes. What to do?
    Ctrl+y the watcher before he reach your main char?
    Isn't that ck watcher supposed to let you skip ck?
    If that part of mod doesn't fire away as it should, maybe more stuff is broken.
    well, or you reinstall everything (better), or you do this. You doesn't have many choices in fact, even if you discover and understand the problem, you're still gonna need to reinstall probally.
    I guess the latest version is broken then. Meh.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    @karpasz
    If you get string problems, it probably means you did not install the mod using the TLK in lang/, but rather one in the root game directory.
  • EcononEconon Member Posts: 9
    karpasz said:

a CK Watcher approaces PC, initiaties dialogue, then "failure with string 399***" and game freezes. What to do?

@karpasz I assume that your dialog.tlk in your data folder got updated and not the one in you Lang folder, you could just copy the one from your data folder to your /data/Lang/en-us(or whatever language folder you use and make a backup of your old dialog.tlk). Or you could make a hard shortcut in your data folder to the dialog.tlk in your lag folder and reinstall the mod.
  • LucarioaLucarioa Member Posts: 5
    This isn't working on my mac, the .exe file can't be used, am I missing something? I've installed other mods using WeiDu and I don't understand what to do know, please help!
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @Lucarioa - Are you talking about the .exe download? Its a self-extracting compressed archive. On OSX, I used StuffIt Expander to unzip it.
  • LucarioaLucarioa Member Posts: 5
    @AstroBryGuy - Yes I am talking about it, I've used "The Unarchiver" to extract all my files until this point but since that file is a .exe download it won't be extracted...
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Don't know about Unarchiver; The free version of StuffIt Expander works on the SCS download.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @DavidW For the record I'd very much like to see a return of the improved Irenicus in hell component. I'd agree it doesn't have as much of an SCS flavour as other improved battles, but it was still good and there's always the choice to just skip it. The modular nature of SCS was always one of its greatest strengths imo.
    Dexter
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Wonderful news! I am so glad you are back to modding scene, @DavidW your hard work adds so much to the enjoyment of this game!
    Dexter
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Shin said:

@DavidW For the record I'd very much like to see a return of the improved Irenicus in hell component. I'd agree it doesn't have as much of an SCS flavour as other improved battles, but it was still good and there's always the choice to just skip it. The modular nature of SCS was always one of its greatest strengths imo.

I'll bear it in mind. The problem is that I've learned from experience that many people just install on spec and wait to see what things look like in game - and so I'm increasingly keen that I at least like all components I ship! If I have a chance I'll reinclude it but in a semi-hidden way (enable via the .ini file or something).
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @DavidW That would work fine as well.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    After installing this mod, creatures lost their initiating speech sounds. Is it a known bug, or did I do something wrong?
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    It's not known to me, at any rate! I'm not 100% sure what you mean, actually - can you give more detail?
    Well, what I meant for example, the assasin Neira in Nashkel doesn't say "It may be a touch unladylike, but I'm gonna slit your throat, I am!" anymore.
    Thanks, glad to help.