Skip to content

Sword Coast Stratagems now available for BG:EE

1121314151618»

Comments

• jtthjtth Member Posts: 171

Can someone please help me out? I decided to do another run of my old fav, BG. I've done BGEE with SCS a while back but it's been a while. Apparently the game has been updated and SCS no longer works with it. I read that David isn't working on it anymore. I have digital copy from beamdog that updates automatically. Is my only solution to buy a box version of the game, not update it, and then use an old version of SCS? If so I also need somewhere to download an older version of SCS or the latest and match my game version with it. It was all erased when I built a new PC and wiped the old one and gave it to my daughter. I'd rather play without the graphics enhancements, new shaman class, ability to create a party without having to make multiplayer game or import characters.. just so i can use SCS. The game is too easy without it and SCS is the only reason I can even play through it now.

Works fine with the EEs.
  • AthrasisAthrasis Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2016
    Anyone by any chance have a version of SCS on their PC now? I'd very much like to play BG2 with SCS but with the Gibberlings down I have no copy of the mod.

DreamingViks
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    @Athrasis:
    Here is the SCS version v30 which I downloaded about a year ago. (The EXE installer is the Windows version, the ZIP archive the Linux version.)
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's still the newest version.

Note that it is not compatible with the 2.x version of the game, but apparently there is a hotfix here.
    JuliusBorisovAthrasis
  • AthrasisAthrasis Member Posts: 2
    ineth said:

@Athrasis:
    Here is the SCS version v30 which I downloaded about a year ago. (The EXE installer is the Windows version, the ZIP archive the Linux version.)
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's still the newest version.

Note that it is not compatible with the 2.x version of the game, but apparently there is a hotfix here.

You, good Sir, are my hero. I did not expect such a rapid response. Nor did I expect much in the way such an up to date version.

I've seen the hotfix by Subtledoctor, it was what prompted me to seek out SCS and not start my game without it. Gratitude for the completeness and the link in any case.

Thanks to you I can now scratch an itch that started a week ago when I my eye fell on BG2's install again.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Graf_WasiliGraf_Wasili Member Posts: 60
    Hi,

I'm playing BG1:EE and installed the faster bears component. Well, the bears are *way* faster. It's like they're wearing Boots of Speed. It also looks really silly. Could this be a bug?
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    it's not. it works like that. it's not a bad thing because in nature bears are faster than people too.
    JuliusBorisovRaduziel
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268
    can components of this mod be changed mid-game? like tougher battles, drop ratios, AI and so on? I have the BWP mod manager to put the whole mod list back together in its mostly original form if I should decide to tamper with SCS.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited September 2016
    Yeah, don't try to tamper with mod installs, especially about the components in the middle. It may work. It may get bonkers and you may have a buggy game, especially if done in the middle of a game.

You may try to edit out what you don't like by hand. If you don't like faster bears, find the bear creature (.cre) files in the override and delete them, this will revert the bears back to their vanilla/unmodded state. If scs editted the bear files, that is. If it gave bears a new undroppable creature item or editted their claw items to give them a speed boost, you should find that item files (.itm) and delete them, too. I think scs definitely gives them new scripts so actually edits the creature files, so you need to delete them, however if the speed boost is given by an item or effect to creature file, a pro may check and tell its details.
    JuliusBorisovelminster
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited November 2016
    For information i couldn't get SCS to work on my 2.3 SOD version (beamdog launcher's one). I tried it on a clean install with the hotfix from subtledoctor.
    From what i could see on different forums i'm not the only one.Some people can make it work, others can't.

Here is my error log :

Reading in data: spellcodes
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [.\lang\en_us\DATA\AR01XX.BIF]
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [.\cache\DATA\AR01XX.BIF]
    [.\DATA\AR01XX.BIF] 35034668 bytes, 354 files, 63 tilesets
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [.\lang\en_us\DATA\AR2XXX.BIF]
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [.\cache\DATA\AR2XXX.BIF]
    [.\DATA\AR2XXX.BIF] 106277260 bytes, 465 files, 42 tilesets
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [.\lang\en_us\DATA\OHAREAS.BIF]
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [.\cache\DATA\OHAREAS.BIF]
    [.\DATA\OHAREAS.BIF] 43799040 bytes, 261 files, 12 tilesets
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [.\lang\en_us\DATA\SODAREAS.BIF]
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [.\cache\DATA\SODAREAS.BIF]
    [.\DATA\SODAREAS.BIF] 2009144 bytes, 91 files, 0 tilesets
    Copying and patching 1 file ...
    [./override/spell.ids] loaded, 26095 bytes
    ERROR: cannot convert level or %level% to an integer
    ERROR: [spell.ids] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Initialise mod (all other components require this)], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/OTHER.1000]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/OTHER.1000")
    [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/UNSETSTR.1000] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 4 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
    Restoring backed-up [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/CHITIN.KEY]
    stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/CHITIN.KEY copied to CHITIN.KEY, 776244 bytes
    [.\CHITIN.KEY] loaded, 776244 bytes
    [.\CHITIN.KEY] 95 BIFFs, 55250 resources
    Uninstalled 4 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
    Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/READLN.1000]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/READLN.1000")
    Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/READLN.1000.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/1000/READLN.1000.TEXT")
    ERROR: Not_found
    Detailed error information can be found in the file SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG . For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.
    Using Language [English]
    [English] has 1 top-level TRA files
    [stratagems/tra/english/english.tra] has 949 translation strings

Install Component [Initialise mod (all other components require this)]?
    [I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [.\lang\en_us\DATA\AR01XX.BIF]
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [.\cache\DATA\AR01XX.BIF]
    [.\DATA\AR01XX.BIF] 35034668 bytes, 354 files, 63 tilesets
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [.\lang\en_us\DATA\AR2XXX.BIF]
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [.\cache\DATA\AR2XXX.BIF]
    [.\DATA\AR2XXX.BIF] 106277260 bytes, 465 files, 42 tilesets
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [.\lang\en_us\DATA\OHAREAS.BIF]
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [.\cache\DATA\OHAREAS.BIF]
    [.\DATA\OHAREAS.BIF] 43799040 bytes, 261 files, 12 tilesets
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [.\lang\en_us\DATA\SODAREAS.BIF]
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [.\cache\DATA\SODAREAS.BIF]
    [.\DATA\SODAREAS.BIF] 2009144 bytes, 91 files, 0 tilesets
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [.\lang\en_us\DATA\CREATURE.BIF]
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [.\cache\DATA\CREATURE.BIF]
    [.\DATA\CREATURE.BIF] 6082984 bytes, 3763 files, 0 tilesets
    Saving This Log:

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Initialise mod (all other components require this)
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited November 2016
    SCS IS working if i install it (with the hotfix) on a standalone version of BGEE (not the SOD + BGEE version). More details here :
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/60969/scs-with-hotfixes-get-it-here/p2

This is only for the people who bought the games on Beamdog's store.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Can't install "Smarter General AI". Everything else was smooth. Any ideas?
  • agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    Did you apply the BiG World Fixpack first? What was the error?
    @agb1

No I didn't. I'm not doing a BiG World Install, I'm installing mods one by one (IDK if I said something stupid here). I just used the Hotfix provided by @subtledoctor some posts ago.

The log says FAILURE ("Read out of bonds") and redirects me to setup-stratagems.debug for a detailed error.

The debug file follows attached, it was too big for putting in here. I was reading it, but didn't found anything conclusive.

Thanks.
    mlneveseRaduziel
  • agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    The debug log indicates that you have an invalid (empty) file (B_IWD.ITM) in your override folder. Not sure if we patch SCS to handle that situation more gracefully with the Fixpack, but you can work around the error by removing that file from your override folder manually before installing SCS.

If you can figure out which mod added that file (search for B_IWD.ITM in your game folder, see if it shows up in one of the pre-install mod folders), maybe reconsider if you need that mod at all.
    RaduzielJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    Removing the file worked. I'm putting it back in override because I'm afraid the universe will explode or something like that.
    CrevsDaak
  • amwragamwrag Member Posts: 4
    Hi,
    www.gibberlings3.net does not work. Can someone share the patch?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @amwrag I assume that Gibberlings3 is only down temporarily. I was using the site last night. Perhaps try again in a few hours.
  • amwragamwrag Member Posts: 4
    The site is so not earned
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    The admins of that site are aware of the issue and trying to fix it. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/905017#Comment_905017
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    edited January 2019
    Is there any chance you could remove the "cheesy" addition of the barred shortcut in Gullykin to reach Firewine ruins?

It's one of the choices I don't like, because you actually cut the content added by the developers just for the sake of making it harder. The question is, I don't find it harder, you are just forcing the player to navigate a pointless dungeon.
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Tastes clearly vary; I like the Firewine dungeon, and dislike the fact that if you explore Gullykin you're forced either to skip exploring it the more natural way, or to metagame by pretending you can't go in that way. (And 10 years of modding BG have taught me that there is no consistent definition of 'cheesy' beyond 'I don't like this'.)

You can fairly easily delete it for yourself by editing stratagems/tactical_bg1/minor_bg1.tpa in a text editor and deleting the relevant lines (they're the last few lines in the 'Jenkal' section).
    Grond0ArthasJuliusBorisov
  • xizorxizor Member Posts: 89
    Does "kobold upgrade" component remove Vial of Mysterious Liquid from the game? (v31)
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Not intentionally.
    JuliusBorisov