Skip to content

Sword Coast Stratagems now available for BG:EE

Comments

• DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Bercon said:

This is perhaps Weidu related question, but can I save the options I selected when installing SCS? So when I update from v24 to 25v by uninstalling v24 and installing v25 I wouldn't have to input all choices again.

No, sorry.
    Palanthis said:

DavidW said:

Are you on BGEE?

Yes, the latest patch of BGEE 1.2.0, and i'm on Windows 7.
    That component doesn't work on BG:EE (it relies on a certain engine functionality introduced to vanilla BG2 by engine hacks that don't work on BGEE). The error message being shown is giving the wrong reason.
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited November 2013
    DavidW said:

That component doesn't work on BG:EE (it relies on a certain engine functionality introduced to vanilla BG2 by engine hacks that don't work on BGEE). The error message being shown is giving the wrong reason.

Oh, ok. I thought i had it installed on SCS 22 on BGEE around February, but i guess i don't remember well.
  • shadow85shadow85 Member Posts: 128
    edited November 2013
    Im going to start a new BGEE game using this mod. Do I only need this mod to make the game much harder, or are there others I should use? Im still waiting on hard times.

On the Readme for v24 I am upto step 4. to install it, it says
    'Now run stratagems.exe just as for other games.'

Where is 'stratagems.exe' I cannot find that anywhere? Do they mean 'stratagems-v24.exe' ?
    Post edited by shadow85 on
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    DavidW said:

Bercon said:

This is perhaps Weidu related question, but can I save the options I selected when installing SCS? So when I update from v24 to 25v by uninstalling v24 and installing v25 I wouldn't have to input all choices again.

No, sorry.
    Actually, it's possible using a .bat file and launching the SCS installation as a weidu command line with the ID of the components you want installed.
    @Bercon If you don't know about bat files weidu and command lines, just reinstall manually, it'll be way way faster :p
    Wilbur
  • DeefjeDeefje Member Posts: 110
    edited November 2013
    This is solved, so if you don't want to bother reading a wall of text, read the last edit. :)

Was just wondering, since 1.2 is out . (I removed the game entire, reïnstalled and then installed SCS 24 as the only mod).

I kept the installation minimized to avoid bugs due to the patch and all.

Just wanted to mention that the easy of use AI script gives different 'invalid' errors.

Invalid: 32362 to to 5 when using the 's' key
    Invalid 32366/32367 in scriptname/description at pick script.

I don't think it's working in general.

Check the spoiler for my weidu log, I downloaded the latest weidu manually and replaced the packaged one. I don't suspect it's the problem but is worth mentioning. :)

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v24.05
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4052 // Decrease the rate at which reputation improves -> Reputation increases at about 1/3 the normal rate: v24.05
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4110 // Allow NPC pairs to separate: v24.05
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4120 // NPCs go to inns: v24.05
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v24.05
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v24.05
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5020 // Remove the blur graphic effect from the Displacer Cloak: v24.05
    ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5050 // Stackable ankheg shells, winterwolf pelts and wyvern heads: v24.05

edit:
    hmmmm at every text entry I get a different 'invalid' mention in the log. Starting to think it's probably something I did wrong.

It's possible answered if one of my next statements is considered false.
    1. I can install SCS by using the weidu.exe from http://weidu.org/main.html#weidu
    2. The newest weidu installer doesn't need you to make the hardlink to dlg.tlk

edit 2:
    I entered the lines tom ake the hardlink as per the mod installation instruction, turns out it was already there. Could this have magically existed even though I deleted the 00766 folder. Or did the new weidu actually do this for me. Anyhow, seems like #2 isn't the problem.

Edit 3(I'll just keep editing until I get a response, to keep it clean and such)
    I decided to reïnstall SCS, though when picking some options it gave me the message that it skipped some options because the 'Initialize Mod' wasn't installed. I uninstalled and tried to reïnstall but it when straight to components instead of asking to install the core. So I figured something went wrong.

Then somehow I broke the beamdog client. So deleted everything, now reïnstalling the game and will start over and see if it works properly when I use the Weidu delivered in the scs package.

Edit 4:
    Reinstalled the whole thing, installed with the newest weidu again to be sure. Same problem.

Once again deleted my install, reïnstalled and installed with the weidu from the zip(after making the dlg.tk hard link), no further problems. So it seems installing it with the newest weidu gives trouble.

Post edited by Deefje on
  • DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    shadow85 said:

Im going to start a new BGEE game using this mod. Do I only need this mod to make the game much harder, or are there others I should use? Im still waiting on hard times.

I don't think SCS makes the game 'so much harder'. This mod makes enemies behave somewhat like human players would do, using same rules and abilities. SCS does not cheat nor introduces cheese enemies.
    shadow85 said:

On the Readme for v24 I am upto step 4. to install it, it says
    'Now run stratagems.exe just as for other games.'

Where is 'stratagems.exe' I cannot find that anywhere? Do they mean 'stratagems-v24.exe' ?

Yes, it means the file you downloaded, 'Stratagems v24.exe'. This will extract the mod files into your game folder. A command window will automagically pop up, which is actually the installation menu.
    If you ever want to uninstall/change the installation run 'setup-stratagems.exe', which you can find in the game folder (ie c:/beamdog/games/0766/).
    This is same for most weidu-mods.
    edited November 2013
    @DavidW, i'm sorry to say SCS v24 is making my 1.2 BGEE freeze, everytime a fight with an opponent mage (or cleric) starts.
    Happens with Tarnesh, Silke, and any other mage i tried to fight just to see where it could came from.

Seems a script or something is missing... anyway it makes the game stop, just after they turn hostile.

It's obviously related to the upgraded Mage AI (i chose option 2 for mages and 1 for clerics) but i can't see why this his happening. SCS v21 worked well before the patch on my game. Everything works perfectly when i uninstall SCS mage AI.

I have installed only BGTweaks after SCS, and only some minor mods like cosmetics revisions before SCS.

Please, I need your help here...

EDIT : don't know if it can be useful, i'm on a french version. I also tried to uninstall BGEE and SCS and did a full reinstall, but i'm still freezing. Not sure if i could have forgotten erasing something from an earlier installation ?
    Post edited by Palanthis on
    Is anyone using 'difficulty and tweak mod ver 6' with SCS in bgee. How compatobpe is it, does it increase difficulty much?
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    shadow85 said:

Is anyone using 'difficulty and tweak mod ver 6' with SCS in bgee. How compatobpe is it, does it increase difficulty much?

I have only tried it so far, but it seems to be fully compatible. The difficulty is customizable so you can adjust it from anywhere between slightly harder to almost impossible.
    There is also, Battle Enahncer 1.1 out, wonder which of these I can use to increase difficulty.
    SCS, Battle Enhancer 1.2, Diff and Tweak Ver 6
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Palanthis said:

@DavidW, i'm sorry to say SCS v24 is making my 1.2 BGEE freeze, everytime a fight with an opponent mage (or cleric) starts.
    Happens with Tarnesh, Silke, and any other mage i tried to fight just to see where it could came from.

I'm afraid I'm on the wrong side of the Atlantic to help urgently. Is anyone else having the same problem? I strongly suspect it's either something broken about your install or something with the French translation (though I've no idea what in either case) because I think I'd have encountered it myself in testing.
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, i think too that you would have noticed such a big problem. I don't see what i could have done wrong with my install since i installed it twice. But it's possible of course.

I'll try tonight to reinstall everything, but with the english version, just to be sure. The problem could be the recent update to the french translation. When it worked before on my game, it was before this update (on v22 or 23 i think).
    Thank you for the answer. I'll report here what happens.
    Hey is any1 using battle enhancer 1.2, which should I install first
  • WabashWabash Member Posts: 21
    edited November 2013
    I get crash when i try to change the script for my PC or NPC if party AI from SCSv24 is installed. I removed it, now everything seems to work. French version too.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    edited November 2013
    I'm getting invalid string errors when fighting with Silke, pre casting Stoneskin I believe. I have clean install of 1.2 and SCS v24, I started a new game with this setup.

Anybody else having problems with strings?

EDIT: My bad, forgot to copy the edited dialog.tlk back under lang/ folder.
    Bercon said:

What's this for? Why do you have to do that?
  • jfliederjflieder Member Posts: 115
    Thank you for the effort you've put into this mod. After reading about it and hearing what others had to say about it, I download the mod and installed it yesterday. After installing it into my data/00766 folder, I opened the command window on the 00766 folder and typed in the "mklink /H dialog.tlk lang\en_US\dialog.tlk" text when the window popped up. However, when I try to run stratagems.bat, a window pops up very briefly and disappears before I can read what is written on it. Is there any chance that you could help me troubleshoot what I'm doing wrong on my installation? Any response would be greatly appreciated. If it helps at all, I'm running Windows 8 with an Intel CPU.
    jflieder said:

However, when I try to run stratagems.bat, a window pops up very briefly and disappears before I can read what is written on it. Is there any chance that you could help me troubleshoot what I'm doing wrong on my installation? Any response would be greatly appreciated. If it helps at all, I'm running Windows 8 with an Intel CPU.

You don't run 'strategems.bat' you run the 'stratagems-v24.exe' that you downloaded. After taht a window will pop up allowing you install what ever components you want to use.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    shadow85 said:

Bercon said:

What's this for? Why do you have to do that?
    I used latest weidu (not the one that ships with v24) that finds the correct dialog.tlk without any links. However, SCS most likely defined output folder for the edited dialog.tlk to be the game root folder. Thus, the game used the unedited version and I was missing all strings SCS added until I copied the edited dialog.tlk to correct place.
    edited November 2013
    @DavidW : so i reinstalled all the game and mods in english. It now works. I can't be sure, but it would seem the french translation of SCS v23 / 24 could be corrupted.

Still, there is something that is missing now : usually the precast spells of opponent mages (like stoneskin, mirror image, etc.) were mentioned in the chat / log window (in my previous french installations).
    Now, there is absolutely no information on these spells even though i do see them on screen when a fight starts.

So i wonder : did you removed these infos (that would be strange)?
    Is there something else on my install that is not right ? Is it BGEE that prevents it ?
    More importantly, could these missing data be related to my previous problem, but somehow this bug wouldn't freeze the game when it is in english, only when it is in french ?

EDIT : also, it seems SCS is not compatible with the new version of Weidu. I mean, when i installed this weidu the BgTWeaks was installing fine, without the need to hard link the tlk dialog files. But SCS said it wasn't in the right folder, until i hardlinked the dialog files manually. I'm not sure if this could be related to the problem i have.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @Palanthis Don't use the stratagems.bat file and the weidu executable included in SCS v24 to install the mod and you won't need the links. Instead download the newest version of WeiDU, grab weidu.exe and copy it under the name setup-stratagems.exe in the game directory and double click on setup-stratagems.exe to install the mod. The newest WeiDU will use the dialog.tlk in the language directory that WeiDU will ask you to specify the very first time you install a mod.
    See this thread for details on the new WeiDU.

I'm surprised that there could be any problem due to translation either of the game or of mods. I would only think of missing strings or badly patched strings in case something was wrong.
    For sure, you will face issues in French with some mods, including SCS, because of special characters not proprely encoded for BGEE (it expects UTF8, the previous games were using Windows code pages). I wrote a batch file to convert them for proper use with BGEE, to run just before installation. You'll find the script and details here (in French).
    A few mods such as Rogue Rebalancing and BP-Series already take into account special encoding for BGEE and include both versions of texts, so you don't need that script for them.
    Can any1 confirm if they are using difficulty and tweak ver 6 with scs and install order.
    @Isaya :
    I thank you for your answer but i really think SCS could need some improvement on the weidu part, or maybe weidu itself could be updated.

For BGTweaks, like i said, i didn't have to do a single thing, except copy weidu.exe on the 0766 folder to make it work. Now I learn that SCS needs something more, a renamed weidu.exe to work. And i guess each other mod would need a renamed weidu.

All i had to do to make all my mods work on my current installation is to write first a single command line in my folder 0766. Then i did nothing than installing my mods.
    I think it's still easier and faster, than installing Weidu and trying to see if you have to rename it or not, each time you install a new mod.

I know it's a cool thing Weidu is being updated to BGEE but i feel it's still a work in progress and a source of errors for newbies likes me. I hope soon we'll have an easier weidu install.

Now, if you say that the missing data from SCS in the dialog log ingame, could be the reason of not using weidu properly, i'll reinstall all of it again. But first, i'd like to know if the old way of installing mod (hardlinking the dialog files by a command line) instead of using the new weidu could be the reason i don't have a clean SCS (maybe).
    Thank you for your time !
    On another note, i did a Google search with the words "scs dialog log baldur precast" and the first result i got was a topic from the BGEE Beta (written the 14th october) that got erased or modified for some reason and doesn't exist anymore.
    Try it on Google : we can see a few lines which describe exactly the missing data log i have today :
    "14 oct. 2013 - Hi, I noticed this while testing beta with SCS mod but this issue ... The dialogue log doesn't show pre-cast spells by enemy mages (mod related)."

So it could be a 1.2 BGEE problem with the v24 of SCS ?
  • jfliederjflieder Member Posts: 115
    Thanks @shadow85, I was able to find the right file to start up the mod component selection. However, after selecting all of the components I wanted, including the core AI initializing component, all of the AI components read as not installed due to the AI initializing component not having been selected. Is there something else I may be missing?
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I'm using italian translation, and I have the same problem of Palanthis (string errors for prebuffing spells).
    I wanted to install SCS in the englis dialog.tlk ,but I can't (I don't know how to do it)

No matter what I did when I launch stratagems.exe it tries to change the dialog.tlk in the italian directory.

I also tried this:
    "Don't use the stratagems.bat file and the weidu executable included in SCS v24 to install the mod and you won't need the links. Instead download the newest version of WeiDU, grab weidu.exe and copy it under the name setup-stratagems.exe in the game directory and double click on setup-stratagems.exe to install the mod. The newest WeiDU will use the dialog.tlk in the language directory that WeiDU will ask you to specify the very first time you install a mod."

But it's still trying to use dialog.tlk in the italian directory.

I tried launching the weidu.exe and I wrote --use-lang en_US but I hand no change.
    I don't know what else to try.
    Pibaro said:

I tried launching the weidu.exe and I wrote --use-lang en_US but I hand no change.
    I don't know what else to try.

You have to open a command window by a right click + Shift in the appropriate folder (0766). Then you type "mklink /H dialog.tlk lang\en_US\dialog.tlk" text.
    But just to be sure, i'd uninstall eveyrthing first. Also if you want to make the hardlink, don't install weidu before, it will be ok by itself with SCS after you make the hardlink.
    Pibaro
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    edited November 2013
    Ok, I have a bigger problem...
    I uninstalled SCS, I choose english language. If I start a new game is in english, but i load the savegame i was using with scs it's in italian...
    I tried loading the savegame using the beta, and it's in english.
    I really don't know how I did that!!!!!
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    @Pibaro
    To make WeiDU use a different language you can edit the file weidu.conf. Note that after you have done this, you need to reinstall all your mods. To do it with --use-lang, you need to run WeiDU from the command-line (--use-lang is a command-line argument). Making mod changes tend to invalidate your existing saves (i.e., you frequently need to start a new game).

Pibaro