Skip to content

Sword Coast Stratagems now available for BG:EE

Comments

• DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Bazza said:

Hey @DavidW cheers for adding this great mod to BG:EE! :)

I've noticed a couple of things on my play through.

1. The option to remove all the green robed tutors from Candlekeep doesn't remove the two in the inn.
    2. The assassin groups that are moved to random encounters is kool, but they all get bunched into the same encounter! I had the amazon group and the Gullykin group in the same encounter on a solo mission and that was rather impossible! Didn't know if this was intentional.

Sorry if these have already been brought up!

They haven't; they're both bugs. Will chase.
    lunarJonelethIrenicus
  • B4nJ0B4nJ0 Member Posts: 93
    Is this working on steam? Couz When I go to the Friendly Arms inn and I encounter the 1st wizard the game suddenly crash. I think this is related to the insta cast of mirror immage (?) or something like that.

I do the conversation, then the game auto-pause as usuall. IF I unpause 0.1 sec later baldur crash.

I have already tried multiple installation (and I also reinstalled the whole bg:ee using steam and cleared anything I got about the game) but nothing changes.

I usually copy the dialog/dialogF (ITA) into my main folder for the installation, then I paste it into my language folder and I install basically anything (I skip only the wolf and the inquisitor fixes).
  • DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    I've never seen that. I had crashes with v24 when any enemy drinks a potion though, but nothing related to casting. You should install mages option 3, 'no insta buff' and check if it still happens
    edited September 2013
    I'm in v24, I'll try option 3 as well in a minute. Btw I hope this is not the problem couz one of the MAIN future of this mod is the insta prebuff.
    UPDATE: even with option 3 the game crash. After I speak with Tarnesh to begin the combat, when I stop the autopause to have some action the game crashes...
    edited September 2013
    seems like it's not the same issue
    Is there any way to fix this? Like I have to skip some part of install or something?
    Dexter said:

seems like it's not the same issue

IF it can be the potion bug, what can I try out?

Move back to v23?
  • GigioBigioGigioBigio Member Posts: 18
    B4nJ0 said:

Is this working on steam? Couz When I go to the Friendly Arms inn and I encounter the 1st wizard the game suddenly crash. I think this is related to the insta cast of mirror immage (?) or something like that.

I do the conversation, then the game auto-pause as usuall. IF I unpause 0.1 sec later baldur crash.

I have already tried multiple installation (and I also reinstalled the whole bg:ee using steam and cleared anything I got about the game) but nothing changes.

I usually copy the dialog/dialogF (ITA) into my main folder for the installation, then I paste it into my language folder and I install basically anything (I skip only the wolf and the inquisitor fixes).

Same problem here, I'm Italian too, but i've tryed also in english language.... I'll try v.23

• ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756

B4nJ0 said:

Same problem here, I'm Italian too, but i've tryed also in english language.... I'll try v.23

I saw the same bug (i.e. crash as soon as the Tarnesh fight begins) reported on the Italian subforum also by @consolati01. He had v24 in Italian too.
    I'll try to install v24 in english and using english client to see if this fix things out. Give me 10 min ;)
    edited September 2013
    I didn't even reinstalled, I just used the unpached english dialog and the fight worked without any problem. Looks there is some major bug with the italian version at the Tarnesh fight.

Now I'll go back to the italian (patched) language and see if I encounter any other bug to report it. Is the mod creator checking this post or I should write on g3?
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    B4nJ0 said:

Is the mod creator checking this post or I should write on g3?

I'm not sure, but maybe we can try summoning him here:

@DavidW
    B4nJ0 said:

Looks there is some major bug with the italian version at the Tarnesh fight.

I am (vaguely) reading, but there's virtually nothing I can do, because
    (a) I have no idea how a dialog file could cause a crash;
    (b) I don't speak a word of Italian.

If you can narrow it down to a particular few strings, or a particular component, that would help.

You could also try setting "run_silent" in stratagems.ini to 1. That tends to suppress strings that aren't absolutely necessary.
    Erg
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    How much more difficult does SCS make BG:EE? I usually play on insane difficulty (haven't tried SCS before), but with max HP rolls on level up.
    @Wilbur I wouldn't say more difficult, I'd say more realistic. For example a kobold on insane can deal 35 damage but its behaviour is stupid. It will attack your frontline tank - and only your frontline tank- just because he was the first one on sight. Your mage can go and sit by the side of the kobold with no worries cause the kobold will continue fighting your tank. In the end it is a matter of whether the kobold scores a critical or not.
    With SCS and core rules that same kobold does little damage, but first it will call nearby kobolds for help, and second it will target your worse protected characters instead of your battle dwarf with -10AC, and that's a more realistic behaviour i think.
    You should definitively try it.
    JuliusBorisov
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    @Dexter

It sound like it might be too hard on insane difficulty actually. Maybe I'll try it on core or hard first.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @DavidW
    Should we expect any issues with the new patch?
    I'm currently in the beta for the patch, but haven't dared to install SCS yet.
    @DavidW
    Seems Icharyd is very bugged at the moment. All that happens is that you get teleported around in a very "jumpy" way. I had to Ctrl+Y him to make it stop.
    JuliusBorisov
    I might as well post it here as well so it's not missed in the beta bug reports:

Seems like there is an issue with entering Centeol's nest with SCS, getting the following error messages:
    Debugger fixes the issue and you can continue playing.

Also SCS makes encounter at Merchants League (helping Aldeth) impossible to finnish, as the doppelgangers on the first floor never transforms.
    WilburDexterJuliusBorisov
  • ComplyOrDieComplyOrDie Member Posts: 41
    Hi,

Quick question. I've been having trouble installing the latest version (24). I follow the instructions and make the hard link so the installer can find dialog.tlk (believe this is now outdated?). Installer program runs and I pick options as usual. Problem is it never asks to install the core components so once I've picked everything it skips all components as the core is not installed?

I'm sure i'm missing something obvious but this has worked for me before and I've tried google many times!
  • ChocobubbaChocobubba Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2013
    I'm having an issue as well, similar to ComplyOrDie. I run the installer, select all the options (including the initializer, which is required)

Everything goes well and then it fails to install the initializer every single time.

I'm using the latest weidu, and I'm running W7Ux86 if it's relevant.

(I chose to install SCS last because it overwrites so much, should I install it earlier?)

Update: Charan's Max Harsh Faerun mod will not allow SCS to work currently, as CMHF is an override folder and not a weidu mod.
    Post edited by Chocobubba on
  • ComplyOrDieComplyOrDie Member Posts: 41
    edited October 2013
    I should say I don't have any other mods installed. I run the exe and extract to my Beamdog BG folder. The installer runs, I select my language and stratagems quick install program is installed. I then get my options which I go through but never a choice to install the core components so once all are picked everything installs with "SKIPPING" due to lack of core.

To add some more (though I'm not sure which bit of this is relevant so took the top and bottom, debug says:

Installing [Initialise mod (all other components require this)] [v24.05]
    DISABLE_FROM_KEY [IPLOT01K.ITM]: file does not exit
    CHITIN.KEY copied to stratagems_external/backup/1000/CHITIN.KEY, 493798 bytes
    KEY saved (195 biffs, 34857 resources)
    [chitin.key] loaded, 493796 bytes
    [chitin.key] 195 BIFFs, 34857 resources
    DISABLE_FROM_KEY [IPLOT04G.ITM]: file does not exit
    KEY saved (195 biffs, 34857 resources)

ERROR Installing [Initialise mod (all other components require this)], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/1000/OTHER.1000]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/1000/OTHER.1000")
    [stratagems_external/backup/1000/UNSETSTR.1000] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 3 files for [stratagems\setup-stratagems.tp2] component 1000.
    Restoring backed-up [stratagems_external/backup/1000/CHITIN.KEY]
    stratagems_external/backup/1000/CHITIN.KEY copied to CHITIN.KEY, 493798 bytes
    [./CHITIN.KEY] loaded, 493798 bytes
    [./CHITIN.KEY] 195 BIFFs, 34857 resources
    Uninstalled 3 files for [stratagems\setup-stratagems.tp2] component 1000.
    ERROR: Sys_error("override: Invalid argument")
    Detailed error information can be found in the file setup-stratagems.debug . For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.
    Automatically Skipping [Initialise mod (all other components require this)] because of error.
    Using Language [English]
    [English] has 1 top-level TRA files
    [stratagems/tra/english/english.tra] has 1000 translation strings
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/AREAS.BIF]
    [./DATA/AREAS.BIF] 2278728 bytes, 457 files, 0 tilesets
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/EXPAREAS.BIF]
    [./DATA/EXPAREAS.BIF] 309724 bytes, 47 files, 0 tilesets
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/CREATURE.BIF]
    [./DATA/CREATURE.BIF] 2718372 bytes, 2156 files, 0 tilesets

I tried installing nothing and there was then an error initialising the core component part. Do I have (or not have) something in the right place?

-----

Solved it myself and will keep it up as a testament to my stupidity and to help any other fools - (In my defense it had been a while since I last installed) - make sure you make an override folder!
    Post edited by ComplyOrDie on
    Dexter
  • InstantCoffeeInstantCoffee Member Posts: 8
    Hi,

I tried SCS on BG:EE 1.2 beta patch (it installed without any errors) and found several bugs so far:

- party Ease-of-use party AI scripts are missing
    - Tarnesh and Silke dont cast any pre-buffs (I chose option 4 - "Mages in BG1 cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat; mages in BG2 only do so if they are created in sight of the PC"). I didnt fight any other mages.
    edited October 2013
    I vaguely keep track of bug reports on these forums but it makes my life easier if they go to the SCS section of forums.gibberlings3.net.

On this particular one, Silke isn't supposed to buff (in-game she has no reason to and is caught somewhat off-guard; out-of-game she's a bit unmanageably difficult if she does given that the party are probably only 1st level). Tarnesh is, though.
    Post edited by DavidW on
  • SacklarSacklar Member Posts: 54
    Couple things i got when i got release a party member they both still leave. When i pick them back up i can get then choose which one i want the other will stay but in the text line is say missing string. Another thing is when i realease the party member there not going back to the freindly arms inn is there a certain inn they all go to?
  • mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    DavidW I think u made the best mod for Baldur's Gate. Increased difficulty, especially as smart as your idea for this, is not like a new content it is like a completely new game. And your task was not easy! everyone can rise the hp of kobolds to 1 billion and give him ability to one shot everything but this would be just stupid. As stupid as adding multiple dragons to every cave.

Well done. SCS version of BG is the extended one. You should add support for black pits!!
    lunar
  • RellinRellin Member Posts: 28
    I get destroyed by mages in the early game with this mod and using the smart mages/cleric pre-buffing option. I am in the process of turning it off, but wanted to come here to ask how people beat the casters at friendly arm in and Bergost early in the game, like level 1 part.