Skip to content

Game Update 1.0.2014

Comments

• toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    Also, any word when the update will be available for iPad? Or is it already and I just need to power-cycle my iPad?
    And....for those of us who really want to know the secret, anyone found it yet? :-D
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Theres something weird going on with the patcher. It started at 1.6 GB of 1.8 GB and has been going for almost an hour now, with speed varying between close to 1 MB/s and less than 1 KB/s. Definitely has downloaded way more than 200-300 MBs at this point though. Maybe this is intentional, but it kinda starts to seem like it's downloading the whole game again.
  • EndeavourEndeavour Member Posts: 27
    @Messi
    I had same problem. It was written 1,8 GB of 1,8 GB. The magic was that the space for the red progress bar wasn't full. The proccess took for 20-30 mins, so I deleted the game and started downloading again...
  • Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135
    Definitely downloading a lot. Had pretty good speed throughout, and it is still downloading at 1.8 of 1.8.
  • TiaxRulesAllTiaxRulesAll Member Posts: 198
    sooo I didnt read any fixes to the custom sounds not working...
    guess I still can't play this game yet.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @TiaxRulesAll
    Give it a try. You might be surprised.
  • Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135
    Download doesn't seem to end. Any ideas?
  • apeterssonapetersson Member Posts: 33
    has anyone successfully downloaded the patch? Dl speed is quite pathetic and stuck at 1,8/1,8 since about an hour.
  • JamesJames Member Posts: 110

daerragh1 said:

Is there already any approximate date for the release of BG2EE?

Ok so I've just logged on immediately after watching looper (i really just have) and what you're saying is that we have averted a potential future where a coding genius destroys the infinity engine but you've had to kill yourself to avert this future ..... This doesn't bode we'll for bg2 ...
    Yesterday. We have made the decision to only sell it to backwards-capable time travelers.
  • JamesJames Member Posts: 110
    Oh just realised spoilers for looper .... Sorry
  • Wonderboy2402Wonderboy2402 Member Posts: 121
    Seems to download at the 1.8 gig point with 100-200 kb/sec... but not completing?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ScytheKnightScytheKnight Member Posts: 220
    edited February 2013
    To epople wondering why it's taking so long to DL... have you watched your DL speeds? Yeah, it's dropping below 1KB/s there's so many people cluster****ing the server right now.
  • FalkonSwiftbladeFalkonSwiftblade Member Posts: 51
    holy crap, I've been waiting to play on my mac for ages and finally get to play this weekend after all these yrs! I heard someone mention an xp mod, did the dev's keep the xp level low? BTW these patches are pretty huge. I bet it's like a whole new game now.
  • TiaxRulesAllTiaxRulesAll Member Posts: 198
    Aosaw said:

@TiaxRulesAll
    Give it a try. You might be surprised.

Hmm, well im gona take this as its fixed then? Because you wouldn't be so mean as to blatantly mislead me like this. Not sure why it wouldn't be mentioned in the patch log though if thats the case...

Downloading still. Guess I will know for sure soon enough.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    Was the 2013 build skipped due to "bad luck" number? :)
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

holy crap, I've been waiting to play on my mac for ages and finally get to play this weekend after all these yrs! I heard someone mention an xp mod, did the dev's keep the xp level low? BTW these patches are pretty huge. I bet it's like a whole new game now.

XP is capped (and for good reason IMHO) at 161,00 XP. It's fairly easy to remove this cap, but can make the unbalanced and less of a challenge
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    Patch has finished downloading for me! :D
  • DerDuKeDerDuKe Member Posts: 88
    - Zoom no longer resets to default when transitioning areas
    - Instant move command after character selection functions properly

Awesome! :-) Big thanks for your effort to the whole team!
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    Has the bug with the scripts where the NPC would walk up to enemies to start using their ranged weapons been fixed?
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    This is awesome gonna make my wife angry when I get home and go straight to my computer
    I can confirm that Rasaad is NOT a Sun Soul Monk.

I've tried this with both my normal saves, and a new game in which I rushed to Nashkel (it's possible to do this quite easily in 5 minutes real time, encountering no enemies).
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Ah, the opening movie resolution was fixed! Well done, Beamdog! :)
  • apeterssonapetersson Member Posts: 33
    finished download :)
  • dhansen5dhansen5 Member Posts: 12
    Say - I'm @ 99.7% complete, and the transfer speed dropped dramatically. Was around 100 kB/sec, now I'm averaging around 75 b/sec. That's more than a 1000 times slower. BeamDog, you may want to look into this. Just a heads up, and could explain why the download doesn't seem to finish.
    dhansen5 said:

Say - I'm @ 99.7% complete, and the transfer speed dropped dramatically. Was around 100 kB/sec, now I'm averaging around 75 b/sec. That's more than a 1000 times slower. BeamDog, you may want to look into this. Just a heads up, and could explain why the download doesn't seem to finish.

Nothing to look into, it's just simple server load due to loads of people immediately downloading the new patch.

• ScytheKnightScytheKnight Member Posts: 220
    Yeah, it's actually kinda impressive that the whole thing hasn't just blown up under the load.

Yeah, it's actually kinda impressive that the whole thing hasn't just blown up under the load.

You mean like the website did when this game was first announced? :D

*still remembers frantically F5'ing for several hours that night*

This discussion has been closed.