Skip to content

Game Update 1.0.2014

Comments

• Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Bhaaldog said:

Ah, I missed that - do you have the link to the thread, I couldn't find it when I looked just now

Read with extreme caution

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/15058/not-being-able-to-get-belt-of-antipode/p1
    LOL!
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    @Jedi_Gnome -
    The first is actually a bug fix, druid were never supposed to he able to wield wakizashis or ninja-tos, only scimitars.

The second one was changed because archers was op and needed nerfing.
    ...Nah, it's a bug.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

Help! Not sure if this is the result of this patch, but I noticed the following:

Jaheira can no longer use wakizashi? I have recently given her the scimitar proficiency which said it includes wakizashi's. She had been using it. Now I noticed it's greyed out as cannot use. She is currently equipped with it, but if I remove it, I cannot give it to her anymore, says she cannot use this weapon!

My ranged characters now walk up to enemies, whether it's a bow or a sling. I can sometimes make them stop and then fire, but if the target they are shooting at dies, they walk up to another target.

Are these bugs or changes?

Like others said, Druids should be able to wield Scimitar, but not Wakizashi/Ninja-to.

As for the ranged thing that seems to happen with certain scripts; not sure which are broken like that but Passive (apass) is safe at least and I know I've used Standard Attack (agen) in some games too.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    - Zoom no longer resets to default when transitioning areas

OOOOOOOOH YEEEEAAAAAH!

Aside from bug squishing, new features? Damn! Yes!
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    So what was in today's miniupdate?
  • Jedi_GnomeJedi_Gnome Member Posts: 92
    First, thanks guys for the reply.

Second, aw crap. I finally give Jaheira a good weapon (+1 wakizashi) and now she can't use it! So, let me get this straight, wakizashi remains in the proficiency for scimitars, but it is now set up that druids cannot use wakizashi, correct? Because it doesn't look like it's been moved to the katana proficiency.

@Silverstar: So you're suggesting I play around with the scripts to avoid range characters from walking up to targets.

Anyway, looks like they are asking us to update again, but it looks like a lot of the same stuff. I have to read through the whole list, I guess.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited February 2013
    The update is a hotfix for the bug where commands are interpreted as movement only if you don't click fast enough.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

First, thanks guys for the reply.

Second, aw crap. I finally give Jaheira a good weapon (+1 wakizashi) and now she can't use it! So, let me get this straight, wakizashi remains in the proficiency for scimitars, but it is now set up that druids cannot use wakizashi, correct? Because it doesn't look like it's been moved to the katana proficiency.

@Silverstar: So you're suggesting I play around with the scripts to avoid range characters from walking up to targets.

Nothing's changed in the proficiency, just the weapons. Under "Not Usable By" you'll see both druids and fighter/druids listed amongst the other classes. There is a decent scimitar Jaheira can get in the Cloakwood area with the spiders just lying on the ground (so make sure you get it before it despawns due to resting long/changing area) and also a magical club on a hostile druid in one of the other Cloakwood areas.

And yeah, changing scripts should solve the walking problem. It seems to happen with the "default" and "custom" scripts in particular, possibly some others too.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I'm not sure if this is related to this patch, but I encountered a bug I had never seen before today. I started up a new game (again, this game will be the death of me) and when I went to grab the identify scroll from Tethtoril in Candlekeep he would just loop the "you need to go talk to Gorion" line over and over. I can't get the scroll from him for some reason.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited March 2013
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Ah, thanks!
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    I've noticed two problems since the new patch. The first is very minor, but one of the colour palettes in the character customisation window is glitched. The second, on starting a new game, Tethtoril will not give you the scroll after you talk to Firebead. Anybody else having this problem?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited March 2013
    @Magnus_Grelich
    The bug in the Firebead quest has already been reported. You can find a fix in this thread:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16308/firebeads-quest-thethoril-will-not-give-the-scroll/p1
    Post edited by Aedan on
  • jmkarlssonjmkarlsson Member Posts: 30
    There is a bug with the wyvern ambush in cloakwood that crashes the game it is very annoying
  • ParaneParane Member Posts: 14
    Fantastic update! Cheers!
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134

I've noticed two problems since the new patch. The first is very minor, but one of the colour palettes in the character customisation window is glitched. The second, on starting a new game, Tethtoril will not give you the scroll after you talk to Firebead. Anybody else having this problem?

Scroll bug does exist

As has previously been pointed out, there is an override fix for Tethtoril's quest, but I imagine it will fixed in a future patch. As for the colour palette glitches - yes I get these too, in both the Windows and the Mac versions, it's been bugged reported.
  • ScytheKnightScytheKnight Member Posts: 220
    So any idea when we can expect a proper patch for broken quests and FUBARed dwarf/halfling stats?
  • ScytheKnightScytheKnight Member Posts: 220

So any idea when we can expect a proper patch for broken quests and FUBARed dwarf/halfling stats?

Hail and well met, brave warrior @ScytheKnight

There's a quick fix for the minimum stats bug already that you can download and dump into your override. You can find this in the link below.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/268122/#Comment_268122

What broken quests? Please list them all with their appropriate issues.

Ehhh, rather wait for a proper fix rather then a hotfix that I'm going to have to chase down and remove when the proper patch comes out.

As for what quests... read the damned thread, multiple bugged quests have been reported.
  • SkankySkanky Member Posts: 3
    Is there any chance of getting a link to a stand alone patch from 1.0.2012 to the current version which I can download directly for the PC? it is causing some major issues where friends have purchased the game either directly or through steam but the direct purchase version has a later patch release version to that which is available through steam. This just means we can not play multiplayer (the whole point of us buying it)
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756

Ehhh, rather wait for a proper fix rather then a hotfix that I'm going to have to chase down and remove when the proper patch comes out.

Yep, putting a couple of files in a folder and deleting them, once the new patch is released, is a real nightmare.

• CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

- Avenger kit can no longer wear the Ankheg Plate Mail! [A DRUID SHOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO WEAR ANKHEG PLATE!]

Druids can wear ankheg plate, it's the avenger kit specifically that can not. Well, and shapeshifters, too.
    CamDawg said:

- Avenger kit can no longer wear the Ankheg Plate Mail! [A DRUID SHOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO WEAR ANKHEG PLATE!]

Druids can wear ankheg plate, it's the avenger kit specifically that can not. Well, and shapeshifters, too.
    Makes sense
  • HooHoo Member Posts: 128

CamDawg said:

Makes sense
    Yes, Druids should be able to wear any nonmetal armors regardless of the armor type (light/medium/heavy). The real problem is that there is few nonmetal armors except leathers.

I plan modding some nonmetal armor for druids so I'd like to request some flag function (metal/nonmetal) in the item identifier...

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    The Tethtoril scroll bug isn't the only Firebead quest that was messed up. The History of the Fateful Coin quest is messed up too.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16851/bug-firebead-elvenhair-no-longer-gives-quest-in-beregost-post-v1-0-2014
  • jmkarlssonjmkarlsson Member Posts: 30
    If you get poisoned in the wyvern ambush and cure the poison with a spell the game freeze then you have to use drastic measures to get out of the game
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited March 2013
    @Jalily

The AC vs. piercing/missile for the Ankheg Plate Mail is incorrect:

It should be 0 instead of -1 as the modifier vs. piercing/missile is +1.

Edit: just to clarify, the description is incorrect, not the actual AC.
    Post edited by Erg on
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Now 0. Good catch!
This discussion has been closed.