Skip to content

Game Update 1.0.2014

Comments

• ScytheKnightScytheKnight Member Posts: 220
    LOL, yeah, exactly.... or the BattleNet servers when DIII launched. (And DII for that matter)
  • Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135
    May be totally coincidence, but I paused both of my downloads by clicking the red bar, and after reconnecting, they were complete. Been at 1.8 of 1.8 for over an hour and still showing downloading. Praise be to Lothlander!
  • dhansen5dhansen5 Member Posts: 12
    Vonbek777 said:

May be totally coincidence, but I paused both of my downloads by clicking the red bar, and after reconnecting, they were complete. Been at 1.8 of 1.8 for over an hour and still showing downloading. Praise be to Lothlander!

Thanks! That worked for me too. Was @ 50 b/sec. Hit pause. Unpaused - rate jumped to a nice 300 kB/sec and finished 5 seconds later.
  • FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    edited February 2013
    Vonbek777 said:

... the sun-spider?
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    Sigh.. the two fixes I was hoping to see before playing. :(
    The journal still doesn't let you sort by date and still no scroll bar from the looks of it.
    Ranged characters still walk up into melee to then use their ranged weapons.
    What is with Imoen's colour change!! :O
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited February 2013
    Can someone else verify that Ankheg Plate, Chain +3, and Shadow Armor is missing descriptions as well as the image for the first letter?
  • CronatosCronatos Member Posts: 44
    edited February 2013
    So, shadowdancers have charisma as a primary stat. This means, among other things, they can't dual without at least 15 Cha.

Also, Tethtoril seems to be broken. I got Firebead's quest, but Teth doesn't recognize that. Also, I had to follow him around for a while before he tried to talk to me.
  • apeterssonapetersson Member Posts: 33
    edited February 2013
    something is odd with the thac0 bonus. it looks like the strength table is different.
    on second-check numbers seem ok, it was only the new indicator for the offhand that irritated me. this looks good!
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Fafnir said:

Vonbek777 said:

... the sun-spider?
    Drow helicopter
  • Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135
    edited February 2013
    ajwz said:

Fafnir said:

Vonbek777 said:

... the sun-spider?
    Drow helicopter
    Cue Flight of the Driders, which in a strange coincidence, sounds remarkably like Wagner's Flight of the Valkyries.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited February 2013
    @tilly

Thanks. My save game must be corrupted as those three pieces are messed up for me.
    Vonbek777 said:

ajwz said:

Fafnir said:

Vonbek777 said:

... the sun-spider?
    Drow helicopter
    Cue Flight of the Driders, which in a strange coincidence, sounds remarkably like Wagner's Flight of the Valkyries.
    It doesn't have conventional rotor blades, just a giant breakdancing spider on top.
    edited February 2013
    - Offhand THAC0 Window added
    Post edited by bigdogchris on
    Persistant zoom level is seriously good news. Works very well too - even persists through cutscenes. (although not during the cutscene itself)
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Blimey. When you do patches, you go all out.

- Amnish Soldiers no longer murder each other

Hah. What? Did they get a raise or something to lighten their moods?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    tilly said:

I do like the extra detail of armour bonuses and penalties vs. piercing and such. :) Not sure if that's a 2014 change or a 2013 change, but still. Nice ^_^

Technically v2013, but it was skipped for release as you can see. :)

Blimey. When you do patches, you go all out.

- Amnish Soldiers no longer murder each other

Hah. What? Did they get a raise or something to lighten their moods?

Amnish soldiers were scripted to attack hostile creatures that aren't innocents or Flaming Fists...which meant if you got some of them hostile (through reputation perhaps), the neutral ones would attack the hostile ones.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Hey folks, long time no see ;P

Good work on the patch.

Could someone spoil me on what the secret extra is with a pm? o_O'
  • PeterPeter Member Posts: 44

v1.0.2014
    - Zoom no longer resets to default when transitioning areas

Thank you so much!
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    Beautiful work. Thank you for further motivation to continue playing the greatest game ever created.

• PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    The command bug is finally gone! Thank you!

BTW: I just noticed that despite description, shadowdancer's backstab multiplier is x3 from lvl5 and x4 from lvl9.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    psyact said:

Still downloading the patch, but I hope "improved scroll wheel functionality" means that you will scroll whichever menu your cursor is hovering over in a shop. It's the biggest UI failure in the entire game, IMO.

It's fixed
  • mcmoore609mcmoore609 Member Posts: 1
    newest update messed up firebead quest in candlekeep tethtoril doesnt give you identify scroll to complete quest...just curious was that intended?
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    2014?
  • SorrowSeerSorrowSeer Member Posts: 144
    No sign of new kits in manual(
  • arkanuzarkanuz Member Posts: 14
    When the update will be avaliable on steam client?! I'm want to play the game in portuguese!!!
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    When I read "1.0.2014", I thought that the next patch would be released in January 2014. I am happy to be wrong.
  • reposterreposter Member Posts: 36
    Oh well they did not fix unique items disappearing.
This discussion has been closed.