Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• caliduscalidus Member Posts: 10
    Is there a reason why all of the thief skills are reporting as "50"?

I have 85 pickpocket, 75 open locks, etc... and they all show as 50 in EE Keeper...
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Are you factoring in all your racial/dex bonuses etc? You may have base scores of 50 in each but after those bonuses are added you end up with your higher scores.
    Troodon80jackjack
  • caliduscalidus Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2013
    It looks like that was it. Thanks. More important question, now:

I am probably 20-30 hours into the game, and am running a pure half-elf thief. I forgot how silly it is to be a pure thief, especially since I wanted to be a primary bow user. I also can't dual class, because I'm not human.

I would like to use convert my level 4 Thief into a F/M/T so I can use bows better, still pick locks, and have some utility spells.

What is the best way to go about doing this? It looks like if I change my class to F/M/T and set all the class levels to 0 it, it distributes my exp to the 3 classes evenly, but only allows me one "level up" where I can only assign some thief skills. I end up with no proficiencies, no spells, etc.

Is there a way to do a clean/safe/legit conversion to F/M/T, or at least calculate how to set it up manually to be accurate? (Such as how many proficiency points, thief points, spells, etc I would normally get if I had started as a F/M/T).

Thanks for any help :)
  • FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    Do it like this:
    - Switch class to FMT. Leave your xp as it is and set your level to 1/1/1.
    - Manually set your hp (7, the game will deal with the con bonus itself), proficiencies (4) and thief skills (40).
    - Give yourself a few spells, or don't since you have played a bit and probably have some scrolls lying around.
    - Level up in game to fix any lasting discrepancies (saves etc.)

Luckily FMT doesn't have any affects as part of the class, so you can switch around without much hassle.
    Troodon80booinyoureyesCrevsDaakjackjack
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited December 2013
    @calidus, safest way I know is to start a new game (remember to save as unique slots, don't want you overwriting your Auto Save or Quick Save) as the class/classes and race you want, then open up both save games—the one you want to convert from and the one that has your desired build, then manually copy all the attributes, abilities, and affects, as well as adding any spells there will likely be from the target to your 'real' save game.

That's the absolute safest way to do it legally. If you don't feel right doing that, then you can upload your save game somewhere and I can do it for you. :-)
    decado said:

Are you factoring in all your racial/dex bonuses etc? You may have base scores of 50 in each but after those bonuses are added you end up with your higher scores.

I really need to add some notes on there to make that easier to understand. Perhaps the editable base values, then provide the value with all the ability bonuses to one side.
    Shikaojackjack
  • egonegon Member Posts: 94
    I can't get EEKeeper to work for my BG2EE game. I have played through BGEE and used EEKeeper successfully but when I try to change the direcotry to the BG2EE folder it always reverts to the BGEE folder when I restart the program.

Is there any way to solve this without uninstalling BGEE?
    @egon, couple question, what do you mean by the 'folder'? Is that the installation directory that loads the resources from, or the Documents directory that contains the save games?

What operating system are you using, and what version of EE Keeper are you using?

Resetting back to BG:EE should not happen if the installation directories have been set up right. Can you also let me know what directories you are using for both games?
    Troodon80 said:

@egon, couple question, what do you mean by the 'folder'? Is that the installation directory that loads the resources from, or the Documents directory that contains the save games?
    What operating system are you using, and what version of EE Keeper are you using?

Resetting back to BG:EE should not happen if the installation directories have been set up right. Can you also let me know what directories you are using for both games?

Let's see. EEKeeper is in the User/downloads/EEKeeper folder (default install IIRC). BGEE is under C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition and BG2EE is under C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition

To make EEKeeper work the first time I installed it (for BGEE) I went to Settings then Installation Directory (on the keeper meny bar) and selected C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\ and everything worked fine.
    When I change it to the BG2EE data\00783 folder (the equivalent of the BGEE one) it says that I must restart the EEKeeper for the changes to take effect. I turn the program on and off but when I restart it it loads resources for BGEE and the path under settigs/installation directory still shows the BGEE path and not the BG2EE one.

Hope I'm making sense, thanks for all the help. :)
    @egon, okay, hang on. You said when you 'change it.' If you are using the most up-to-date version of Keeper, there are two text boxes: one for BG:EE and one for BG2:EE. If you are changing the BG:EE path to BG2:EE then that might account for why it's acting funny. It still shouldn't matter, though. Setting the BG:EE installation directory to that of BG2:EE will still load the BG2:EE resources, all it means is that it will look for the BG2:EE save games in the BG:EE Documents directory.

I don't suppose you could provide a screenshot of the Installation Directory settings dialog, could you?
    Ah. It turns out I had the old version of EEKeeper. Silly me. Downloading and installing the new version seems to work just fine. Well. Thanks for the help anyways. I appretiate it.
    Troodon80
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    Tried both v1.0.2.1 and v1.0.2.2 today.
    When loading my saved file, this comes up:

photo EEKeeper_zps5adb0dbe.jpg

I don't even know what those are, but it looks like it's taking away A LOT of stuff.
    @Raistlin82, do you have the installation directories set up correctly?

Could you let me know what the BG:EE and BG2:EE installation paths are set as in the Settings -> "Installation Directory..."
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Tried both v1.0.2.1 and v1.0.2.2 today.
    When loading my saved file, this comes up:

photo EEKeeper_zps5adb0dbe.jpg

I don't even know what those are, but it looks like it's taking away A LOT of stuff.

I cna say 1) Those items are from BG2:EE 2) This happens when an editor is unable to load certain items, but why are them unlodeable is beyond my powers to know.
    And a wonderful 3) day once ago, this happened to me with the PLOTKxx.ITM, which is very annoyning (BG2:ToB, vanilla, unmodded, those items do not load up with Near Infinity either, I think they are corrupted).
    edited December 2013
    Troodon80 said:

@Raistlin82, do you have the installation directories set up correctly?

Could you let me know what the BG:EE and BG2:EE installation paths are set as in the Settings -> "Installation Directory..."

C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00766\

For both of them. There was a ...\00783\ folder as well, but EEKeeper said it was the wrong folder.

@CrevsDaak : yup, I'm doing BG2:(EE)SoA at the moment.

Ok, one of the items (BAG04) was a Bag of Holding, which I might have cheated into the game (I hate transportation logistic and encumbrance problems). No big deal.
    However, another missing one (probably OHHBAG) was Dragomir's Respite, which is a VITAL item for Hexxat.

The others were the Shadow Dragon Scale (forged), Flail of Ages (quested), Ring of Human Influence, Ring of Earth Control, Morningstar +2 Wyvern's Tail, Rod of Resurrection (found).

I guess I could just use the CluaConsole to add these removed items back (together with the Bag of Holding).
    The problem is with Dragomir's Respite, which is technically an item containing another item... which can't be removed from it.

PS: I tried to remove those items from my main character, and give them to a different one. It worked, as long as I didn't select the next character, who also had her own "illegal" items that would be removed. The next character even had "illegal" spells (OOHSUMM and OOHDRAIN ... I guess it's Hexxat's special abilities). It seems the database is missing a lot of stuff, including but not only those that were added with the EE.
    @Raistlin82, that explains it. You're using the BG:EE path for the BG2:EE installation.

C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00783\ is the one you will probably want. Are you using the Beamdog client for that, or did you install using the standalone launcher? If you started to download via the Beamdog client and then cancelled that and tried via the standalone launcher, or vice versa, then that could account for why it says it's the wrong folder.
    CrevsDaak
    I think (90% sure) I always used the Beamdog client.
    Gonna try that, thank you.
    @Raistlin82 C:CreateItem("OHHBAG") and what was inside it too, put the things inside it and done.
    I never played with Hexxat so I really do not know anything related to her.
    edited December 2013
    Nope, it doesn't like \00783\ :(

photo EEKeeper2_zps2853b376.jpg

EDIT: I don't know the code for the special quest item that is inside OOHBAG (and it has this "stuck" property, kinda like Boo, or Edwin's necklace).
    edited December 2013
    @Raistlin82, okay, that's to do with text resources. Did you make sure to set the language to en_US? (BG2:EE currently only ships with English)
    Raistlin82CrevsDaak
    edited December 2013
    Hahaha! I didn't.
    Gonna change it and report back.

EDIT: AWESOME! It likes them now. Thank you so much!!!
    Troodon80
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    can you use non-normal races for characters (like non-human, elf, he, halfling, gnome, dwarf, half-orc)

I see choices for rakshasa and genie surrounded in brackets (like [ rakshasa ] etc) in the eekeeper "characteristics" screen. I'm just wondering if these will make any difference?
    @booinyoureyes, it is a safer bet to not use them as they are meant specifically to be non-playable creature races. :-)

I haven't bothered experimenting, though, as they would likely just screw up the core game experience.
    booinyoureyesCrevsDaak
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Ah. I was gonna use it for my Black Pits Party. They seem to make no difference as far as I see.
    edited December 2013
    @booinyoureyes Tiefling works in both games.
    None racial bonuses are changed, because they are applied at character creation (tested with turning an elf into a tiefling)
    Post edited by CrevsDaak on
    jackjack
    edited December 2013
    @booinyoureyes, it's one of those "use at your own risk, I take no responsibility, use your own good judgement, etc., etc.," scenarios. The engine itself probably defaults to something like Human for player races that appear to be using a non-standard race, but I honestly have no idea.
    [spoiler=Hexxat]I would say an example of this is the bug with Hexxat and dual-classing, as she uses the Vampire race. No race but human should be allowed to dual-class, which should exclude her from having the Dual-Class button available.[/spoiler]
    Do bear that in mind if you encounter any bugs, though: If you encounter any bugs and you are using a modified save game, then you will need to start fresh and make sure it's not caused by one of the modifications that was made.
  • nvp33nvp33 Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2014
    Don't have the time to read through all 18 pages to see if this have been said yet, but I think it needs to be said. Thx for making my BG experience complete with EEkeeper (used to run shadowkeeper back in the day as well) - Can't imagine how much work you guys have put into this, nor how much time you're gonna keep putting into it fixing bugs and answering questions, all I know I use it hapilly (on a steam version no less) with no bugs so far and I'm loving it.
    Cudos, congratz and a big thank you to all who have contributed to this.
    Post edited by nvp33 on
    Troodon80
  • WizardForHireWizardForHire Member Posts: 3
    I was wondering if the patch I downloaded will work for steam, or did they already update me? I just got it a week ago on steam. Also, I am confused on how to export characters, or import them for that mater. The convert to .cre is cool, but where do you save it? Another thing is that when I go to use the character editor or cre editor under the file tab when game is loaded it just comes up blank. ??? one last question. what is an override folder, where would it be, or where should I put it. I know these are a lot of questions, but I've Googled and pored through this forum for the answers and can't find them. Thanks in advance!!!
    @WizardForHire, I'll answer each of your questions separately. I'm also a bit confused by some of them since you could be asking about the actual game rather than Keeper, so correct me if I'm answering the wrong bits. :-)

I was wondering if the patch I downloaded will work for steam, or did they already update me? I just got it a week ago on steam.

Patching via Steam will not update Keeper, if that is the question? Keeper is not part of the game and needs to be updated when I announce an update.

Updating the game, Steam should take care of that, but just in case all you need to do is check the version number in-game.

Also, I am confused on how to export characters, or import them for that mater.

Exporting usually occurs in-game using the Export button on the main characters' record screen. In a standard single player game, this is only allowed for the protagonist. In multiplayer games, it is allowed for any custom character. In the Black Pits, you can export any character whether single player or multiplayer.

Importing also occurs in-game when starting a new game.

For EE Keeper—I will be including an export option in a future build of Keeper whereby you will be able to export as CHR rather than just CRE. Currently, however, there is no import function, and no export beyond CRE.

The convert to .cre is cool, but where do you save it?

The CRE editor and converter is used to save creatures to the override folder. Converting a party member to CRE will override that creature file for future play-throughs.

Another thing is that when I go to use the character editor or cre editor under the file tab when game is loaded it just comes up blank.

The character editor is used to edit exported characters located in the //characters/ folder in the Baldur's Gate folder located in the Documents directory.

One last question. what is an override folder, where would it be, or where should I put it. I know these are a lot of questions, but I've Googled and pored through this forum for the answers and can't find them. Thanks in advance!!!

The override folder is located within the installation directory. In Steam, right click on the game title and select Properties:

Then select the Local Files tab and click Browse Local Files...:

That will bring you to the installation directory. In the installation directory, there should be a folder called 'Override', if there is not, then one will need to be created if you want to use mods.
  • WizardForHireWizardForHire Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the quick reply!!! I had figured out about the modding and the exporting thing just this mourning. Did some serious reading through other forums on this site instead of just sticking to this one. I installed what look like worthwhile mods, and an Override folder did show up, and I can now use the edit .cre function. I know there is more to learn...even from just perusing for what I was specifically looking for, but it will be a lot of fun finding out about the ins and outs of Shadow Keeper. Great software!!! Thanks for writing it, and being so responsive to the suggestions of the posters. I'll be posting questions again soon. lol! Thanks again!
    Troodon80
  • NelnarNelnar Member Posts: 3
    Hi I would first off like to thank you for making EEkeeper. I have spent hundreds of hours in baldur's gate 1 and 2 the original versions and Shadow keeper.

Now on to my problem. I have just started playing BGEE and I realized I made a mistake so I downloaded EEkeeper cause I have played the start of BG so many times I just don't want to do that more than i have to.
    I try to change my weapon proficiencies but I end up with this screen. My weapon proficiencies don't show at all. And as far as I can tell there is nothing else wrong.

When I save, start the game and load my char has no weapon proficiencies.

Thank you for all future help :-)