Skip to content

[Mod] Faiths of Faerûn Kitpack v0.5c (Ready for testing)

Comments

• LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    Amazing!

SO when will the Painbearer be available for testing? Soon-ish? >.>;
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    @Requiem: Thanks! Weidu does work on OSX, but I think that some mods which are more in-depth and edit more files have complications. I shall wait patiently for further information. :)
  • RequiemRequiem Member Posts: 187
    edited March 2013
    @Tome Just uploaded the new version which adds multiplayer support, let me know how it works.

@Eudaemonium I see, well i'm sorry I couldn't help more, have you actually tried this version out on OSX? Does it work at all?
    @Requiem: At present it fails to install on Mac, I'm afraid. I'm uploading the debug file, but I'm assuming Mordeus will already know what the issue is and how to fix it, so it is probably not of much use.
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    edited April 2013
    You've gotten further than me @Eudaemonium. I can't even get mac weidu to run properly. But it looks to be that the mac weidu program is having a hard time finding the proper directories. That's the same problem I'm experiencing.

We may have to get someone else to convert the mod to OSX format because this is all a bit beyond me.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited April 2013
    @Mordeus @Eudaemonium

It looks like the mod was packaged while it was installed so the archive includes the backup folder and, from the log uploaded by @Eudaemonium, it looks like there are problems with system access to the files in the backup folder.

You should try again after deleting the Backup folder that's inside the UKP folder.

I don't have a Mac, so I can't test it myself.
    Looks to me like its also having trouble finding ukp/macros/icons.tph. Does anyone know if the mac install folder is laid out differently to the windows one at all?
    Ah that really could be the source of your problem @Eudaemonium.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Requiem said:

Looks to me like its also having trouble finding ukp/macros/icons.tph. Does anyone know if the mac install folder is laid out differently to the windows one at all?

@Requiem @Mordeus

Is it possible that this is because the OS X file system (unlike Windows) is case sensitive?

Both the folder and the file have a capital first letter.
    @Requiem I just checked and the file structure is pretty much identical. However the folder that houses all the files may differ between the Appstore and Beamdog downloads but that shouldn't be the source of the problem.

@Erg The OSX system does have some quirks to it like only counting / and not \ while they are interchangeable in windows. But I think I got all of that sorted.

The mac version of weidu is really tricky because you have to run it through the terminal (mac version of command prompt).
    edited April 2013
    These threadd really caught my eye, seems to solve the awkwardness with using terminal and has an example download that could be adapted

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16334/installing-mods-in-osx-a-quick-tutorial#latest

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/287415/#Comment_287415

The actual editing and applescript etc are a bit alien to me but it seems like a big step in the right direction.

As for the quirks of OSX I didn't know about those, its a shame I dont have a mac but im sure we can sort it out.
    @Requiem I've been trying to get that to work but for some reason weidu doesn't even acknowledge the chitin.key and the .tp2 file even though it's in the same folder.
    edited April 2013
    @Requiem, @Mordeus

I've managed to install the mod into OSX, though it took a couple of attempts. I have the Beamdog version. Basically, I did the following:

1) Move the contents of the UKP folder into the FoF 0 folder. Then rename FoF 0 to UKP
    2) Following the guidelines from mlvenese in his thread, but instead of naming the weidu file after the .exe I named it the same as the .tp2 file.

EDIT: Name both after 'UKP', so UKP.tp2 and setup-UKP. If this isn't done the installation runs into errors finding certain files.

3) Followed mlvenese's instructions I put the following into the terminal to

cd /Applications/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ -\ Enhanced\ Edition/Game\ Data/00777/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ -\ Enhanced\ Edition.app/Contents/Resources/

Followed by typing:

./setup-FoF

It errored out the first time copying a file from P1, but then the second time (I didn't actually change anything, so I have no idea why),it installed without error. I started a new game and the icons in the spell book are all different, and the Celestial spawned in. I chose 'Nightcloak of Shar' as my kit, but it doesn't seem to have altered the spellbook any, so I am unsure if it has worked.
    Post edited by Eudaemonium on
    Thats great news, seems like it was the backup folder causing the problem.

The changes in the spellbook can be quite subtle, if you level your char do you get the nightcloak only spells (e.g. creature of darkness)?
    Okay, the Nightcloak seems to be broken, for me at least. When you select it there is no discernible change and your character is still marked as a plain 'Cleric' in the stats screen, and you don't seem to gain or lose any spells, certainly not the special ones.

The others (for human, at least) all update the status screen, and alter the spellbook (even if they don't seem to grant special abilities in the 'you gained spell: X' way. I levelled up a Strifeleader of Cyric and they got all their spells, etc.
    @Eudaemonium the Nightcloak thing was a mistake I made, I accidentally installed it as a thief kit, will be fixed in the next update.

If you really want to play it now then open shar.tph and find the line where it says

~0x00004000 4~ then change it to ~0x00004000 3~

save and reinstall and it should work fine.

As for the Mac version, the fact that you have managed to install it is a big step forward, hopefully we should have a fully compatible version ready soon enough.
    There seems to be some conflict between some spells (maybe ones you added? But not all of them) and existing files. One spell that the Necrophant has lists itself as a Phase Spider, and another proclaims in its description that it is a Giant Spider.
    edited April 2013
    @Eudaemonium thankyou for that step by step guide, I managed to install the mod on my mac. I'll make sure the mod is packaged in the right way for future mac releases.

I encountered the same problem as you with the Shar kit. There's also some strings and icons that are messed up too.

[edit] oh some of the .bam files from v.01 didn't make it to v.03. @Requiem did you make any new changes to the .bam or .spl files? if not then we can just transfer them into a new version.

[edit2] Actually it seems they never made it into v.01 at all.

So when you upload v.04, I'll go through and fix all the .bam and .spl files and publish v.05
    @Eudaemonium I can't seem to replicate that with the Necrophant, but all of the class spell descriptions get written in at install time from preset text, if you could let us know which spells you are having problems with (even just a description of the icon so we can work it out) then we can look into it.
    Since I can't be bothered to run through the game and figure these things out, does this mod assign the Battleguard and Nightcloak kits to Branwen and Viconia, respectably, or is it just the PC?
    @Eudaemonium it does that automatically
  • JaeldynJaeldyn Member Posts: 49
    It seems like the icons for the spells Cause and Cure Serious Wounds are inversed (The Cause is the normal cross while the Cure is the X cross, unlike the other spells like that )
    edited April 2013
    @Requiem: Sorry, it wasn't the Necrophant: I was skipping between so many kits I got them confused. I am trying to find them again. However, I have found another:

Airwalker, Priest Level 3, second to last spell. It is a green cross with a circle. The description for me seems to be a piece of conversation, I think from the Drizzt encounter?

EDIT: The Spider is for the Firewalker of Kossuth. The issue is with the two Fireshield spells on level 4.
    edited April 2013
    I fixed all of these (well most of them) but I forgot to zip them into v.01 and released an outdated version instead. So after Requiem updates the mod, I'm going to go through and fix the spells in regards to their icons, strings and schools.

Here I go, I'm going to check every single spell to make sure I don't miss anything.
    Is there any plans to list the advantages and disadvantages of the kits in the dialog box so we actually know what is the difference between the kits (like which spheres are accessible) ? Something akin the the old BG II subrace dialog box, that listed the advantages/disadvantages of each subrace before asking you wether you wanted that subrace or wanted to go back and pick another one.
    edited April 2013
    @Jaeldyn In a word, yes. we will introduce this at some point in the near future.

@LordsDarkKnight185 we will look into the painbearer.
    Oh god I love you guys. Keep up the good works !
    Ok I'm pretty confident that I fixed up the .bams and some of the strings.

In other news, I'm thinking of putting up plans of the mod on google drive. So they will be available for feedback, mainly to get some ideas but also to decide where we should be focusing our attention on. No point in making a niche kit nobody wants. Nothing too complex, just spell lists and mapped out concepts.

We can even post a short questionnaire or a voting form on the kits and spells. It would be easier than posting everything in a thread.
    One thing I will comment on, even though it makes complete sense in a lot of ways, is the lack of healing spells for evil clerics, specifically Viconia. I think it makes sense from an RP perspective, but it's kinda awkward gameplay-wise.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The Mac version shouldn't require any change on tp2 or directory structure to work. The only required change is using the Mac weidu.

By the description it may be an ownership problem. As the game runs inside a sandbox in OSX make sure the user who is applying the mod has administrator privileges as OSX won't prompt you for administrator password when trying to change a sandboxed application, it'll just deny access.