Skip to content

[MOD] More Style for Mages (v1.56)

Comments

• GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Thanks ! Is it possible to update by reinstalling without breaking anything?

Kind of unrelated but I noticed in my last playthrough that the "main" attack for the Staff of the Magi is the melee one so the characters automatically switch to the melee form if they run out of mmm(melf's things). Could be a conveniency change if not too hard to switch.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    @GrimLefourbe: It shouldn't break anything. As for the other thing, I'll think about it.
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    Posting this here as well I used this mod as well as tome and blood to check things out, pretty sure the readme said things would be fine so long as this one was installed first. Anyways the circlets are making it so that any mage who wears them has their wizard spells disabled. Just checking here as well as there to try to find out what is causing this. It is pretty game breaking to me and I really don't want to have to choose between these two mods.
    My guess would be that the Tome and Blood flag them as helmets while they should technically be closer to ioun stones.
    But tome and blood allows helmets to be worn and cast in so did they switch something? I asked in that thread too but never got a response.
    I honestly don't know more than my guess, I guess you could modify the item through an editor like DLTCEP or NearInfinity meanwhile.
    I actually was trying to find out how to use those out of frustration XD I've downloaded dltcep but I have no idea how to run it properly...
    Ok gave up on dltcep and gave near infinity a try

soooo umm what do I change to make it function as it should?

https://gyazo.com/1e8d9ec2e2b43e7372e50a27b22ba6c6
    Compare with another item that prevents the use of magic, then with one that doesn't and try to mimic I'd say, haven't used NI myself.
    ok thanks, I'll just add some stuff to my inventory with eekeeper see what works and what doesn't headgear wise (probably add an ioun stone and some elven chain) and compare them in near infinity afterwards, thanks for the help.
    I haven't tested compatibility with Tome and Blood, so I really can't tell. Looking at the screenshot, that mod uses two effects "use EFF file" that probably cause this issue.
    hey thanks, removing those two fixed it! I'll do the same for the other circlet now!
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Pecca said:

I haven't tested compatibility with Tome and Blood, so I really can't tell. Looking at the screenshot, that mod uses two effects "use EFF file" that probably cause this issue.

@Pecca

Which ones?

Ok gave up on dltcep and gave near infinity a try

soooo umm what do I change to make it function as it should?

https://gyazo.com/1e8d9ec2e2b43e7372e50a27b22ba6c6

Oh, @Aquadrizzt take a look at this
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    This is TnB's fault. Removing the effects won't mess anything up. They shouldn't have been added to these items. This shouldn't happen in the next update
  • Could someone please upload the two fixed circlets here? I am having a amazing time fixing the use eff problem.
    @Kelsenellenelvian: reinstalling the circlets component after TnB should fix the problem.
    Pecca said:

@Kelsenellenelvian: reinstalling the circlets component after TnB should fix the problem.

@Kelsenellenelvian
    This is a better solution than provided in the TnB thread. The descriptions should be correct if you do this
  • Thank you that does work nicely
  • XeroshiXeroshi Member Posts: 182
    will this mod be available for TuTu my friend wants to use it
    @Xeroshi: I have no plans to convert it for TuTu, as I don't play TuTu, sorry.
    I'm working on a new component - a tweak for Find Familiar spell. Player will be able to choose a race (8 choices), class (2 choices) and a name (3 choices set during installation) when the spell is cast. It will also get upgrades on certain experience thresholds.
    I'm looking for an artist to draw portraits for these familiars. If anyone's interested, let me know.

I'm also curious what people think about the new spells I created for some Staffs of Wizardry (in regard of their possible over/under-poweredness).
    Pecca said:

I'm working on a new component - a tweak for Find Familiar spell. Player will be able to choose a race (8 choices), class (2 choices) and a name (3 choices set during installation) when the spell is cast. It will also get upgrades on certain experience thresholds.
    I'm looking for an artist to draw portraits for these familiars. If anyone's interested, let me know.

I'm also curious what people think about the new spells I created for some Staffs of Wizardry (in regard of their possible over/under-poweredness).

Very cool! Will the class depend on race?
    @Grammarsalad: No, any race can be mage or thief.
    edited February 2016
    Work progresses, I added some new animations. Race choices will be:
    Drake
    Mephit/Imp
    Cat
    Rabbit
    Groundhog
    Small Spider
    Lim-Lim
    Floating Skull

Turns out it's quite easy to add a new race choice, so I might expand the list in future updates.
    Post edited by Pecca on
  • MythalarMythalar Member Posts: 68
    edited January 2016
    Hey, regarding the staffs of wizardry, I used 3 of them in ly last bg2 run and they were useful and fun! It could be that the hold person effect on the enchantment one is a bit restrictive since a lot of enemies are not humanoid.
    On the other side the divination one is a little OP, -4 saving throw is a huge boost, but well this specialty is not very impressive itself so...

But I really like this mod it is perfect for my all mages party!
    @Mythalar: I see that hold person effect is indeed weaker, because the 3rd level spell affects more than one enemies. I will think about increasing the range of possible target types. About the divination, I based the power level on something back, when I was creating it, but I can't remember now. I does seem quite powerful though. Excelent feedback, thank you.
  • MythalarMythalar Member Posts: 68
    edited January 2016
    You could use the 5th lvl Hold monster spell? If there is only one target it is not so OP, with a shorter duration perhaps, even a single round should be useful.

Edit: the illusion staff is also a little OP, basically a blind and deaf creature just does nothing so 2h is very long, IDK but something like 3-5 round should be good.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    A suggestion for a new familiar race: snake. In my opinion that animation is as cool as underused.