Skip to content

[MOD] More Style for Mages (v1.56)

Comments

• PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,178
    @SpaceInvader: I actually wanted to include snake, but in the end I chose not to, because his animation is rather large.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Well, as large as a normal char. Or what about a bat?
    Bat can be fun too
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    Pecca said:

Lim-Lim

Yesss.
    edited February 2016
    I'm also going to change SoW's color choice in the next update. There will be six pieces of one colorless staff in the shop and the color choice will be available through the item ability (only one time thing). For each of the seven colors of headpieces, there will be a silver or gold handle, making it 14 different color combinations. So it will also be possible to have more staffs of the same color.
    Familiars for NPC mages are possible. I will add that option in the future.
    I've been thinking about the Hold Person effect on Staff of Enchantment, and since it's rather situational, I'm going to replace it with Rigid Thinking (confusion unless save) 3rd level priest spell.

I'm also thinking about Conjure Swamp 8th spell on upgraded Staff of Conjuration. Does anyone use this spell? I'm thinking about replacing it with Maze.

And about familiars for NPC mages, if everything goes well, I'm going to include this already in the next patch.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Pecca said:

I've been thinking about the Hold Person effect on Staff of Enchantment, and since it's rather situational, I'm going to replace it with Rigid Thinking (confusion unless save) 3rd level priest spell.

I'm also thinking about Conjure Swamp 8th spell on upgraded Staff of Conjuration. Does anyone use this spell? I'm thinking about replacing it with Maze.

And about familiars for NPC mages, if everything goes well, I'm going to include this already in the next patch.

I have to say that I'm really looking forward to this next release
    Alright, customizable familiars are more-than-less ready, so now I'm digging into familiars for NPC mages. The way it will work is that when an NPC casts Find Familiar, it will create an unique creature for him/her. This creature will act like normal familiar, however, the NPC mage will not get HP boost and will not loose CON when familiar dies (I can add this but I hate the CON loss, so I probably won't). It will also be possible to have more than one familiar at the same time in game, however, this seems not to work very well with movement formations (the game minds the seventh formation slot, but more than that it's just random). Also, only specific NPCs will be able to summon familiar. Basically all vanilla arcane spellcasters + some thieves (with dual option or uai) + Khalid (when modded to figher/mage).
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @Pecca do you plan to give NPC familiars unique names and/or add some banters between them and their masters?
    @Cahir: Yes, they will have unique names. As for dialog, most likely it's going to be like this: when a non-summoner talks to a familiar, it will run to the summoner (standard behavior). When a summoner talks to a familiar, it will initiate a dialog, at which end the familiar jumps into the summoner's backpack (there will be no dialog options, because it's not a charname's bussiness and jumping into backpack is the only necessary dialog functionality). Other banters, if implemented, will be standard pop-ups. I'm not much of a writer though, so in the phase one, I won't make these. If anyone wants to write a banter for their favorite NPC and their familiars, they are most welcomed.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Is there any plan on making MSFM EET compatible?
    @GrimLefourbe: Hmm, I don't know. What exactly needs to be done for EET compatibility?
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    edited February 2016
    Hum, you can check this post : http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27751

I think k4thos is on this forum but I'm not sure of his username, he's willing to help people convert their mods to EET if the automated converter isn't enough.
    Summoning @swit (a.ka K4thos) for it. I would really like to see More Style for Mages EET-compatible.
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited February 2016
    Just change in tp2 file (6 instances):
    GAME_IS ~tob bgt bg2ee~
    into:
    GAME_IS ~tob bgt bg2ee eet~
    and mention in the readme that it works with EET.

Not sure if this is intentional but currently your BGT code doesn't modify BG1 resources. You could modify it to add some of these items to BG1 stores (same names as in BG1) when GAME_IS ~bgt eet~.
    Well, that's certainly easier than I thought. :)
    edited February 2016
    swit said:

Not sure if this is intentional but currently your BGT code doesn't modify BG1 resources. You could modify it to add some of these items to BG1 stores (same names as in BG1) when GAME_IS ~bgt eet~.

Actually, the tob and bgt compatibility is a leftover from wherever I took the code back then (laziness on my part). I only ever tested it on EEs. In the next update, I will update it to only work for EEs.

All right. The new content is ready.
    @Cahir @Saigon1983 Here is the tra file. New lines are 90 and 91 for the old content, line 301 has changed sound file attached to it. And for the new content, everything from the line 401.

Right now, I'm moving to updating the old content (new graphics for staffs and other technical things).
    @Pecca thanks, I'm on it.
    @Cahir @Saigon1983 this is the final version of the tra file.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    edited March 2016
    @Cahir Nasty bug in Polish translation:
    @1021=~Pomijanie zawartosci BG2~
    @ALIEN yep, I have caught this one while translating new version delivered by Pecca.
  • OlteronOlteron Member Posts: 67
    edited March 2016
    I am having trouble getting the mage robes to work. They can have the styles switch using the item ability. But I chose to install the robe version that uses character colors. But the trim on the robes (lining of the cape and chest area) are a different color. For instance when wearing evil archmage robes and choosing Red/Red instead the robe has an ugly purple trim and chest. with the good archmage robe there is a brown trim.

I'm only on Bg EE at the moment. This is my first attempt at installing mods for this game. I Followed instructions on this site. Downloaded the "msfm v1.5.rar" into the game directory and ran the exe.
    Post edited by Olteron on
    @Olteron: That's because a character has more colorsets assigned to him, than just the two (major and minor) that you can set in game. Other colors can only be set for a character via modding tools. If you don't want to bother with that, I suggest you to try the "original colors" option. If you do want to change the character colors I can tell you how.
    I'd be interested in learning how to change the colors. Thanks for your help.
    @Olteron: Okay, first download modding tool Near Infinity here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/30593/new-versions-of-nearinfinity-available/p1
    Extract it in your game folder and run it. Now you can either edit your savegame or character files of NPCs, but save is simpler, so I'll stick with that.
    You will see a list of categories on the left, click on "Save", choose the save you want to edit and select "BALDUR.GAM" file. In upper right box, there is a list of characters currently in your party (protagonist is named *HARBASE). Doubleclick on character you wish to edit. In the upper left corner switch the "view" tab to "edit" and then slide all the way down to the last row called "CRE file", doubleclick on that. Now you see seven rows that assign colors to the character. Major, minor, skin and hair colors are those you can change in game. Metal, leather and armor color are the ones you want to edit, you can see the color under the slider at the bottom.

Now I think that a savegame editor "EE Keeper" might be a little bit more user friendly for editing saves, but I don't use that, so I don't know.
    Thanks. Will try this when I get home.
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    Pecca said:

a savegame editor "EE Keeper" might be a little bit more user friendly for editing saves, but I don't use that, so I don't know.

Yes, EE Keeper can change all 7 colors as well:
    Simply load a savegame and select the "appearance" tab:
    When you click one of the color buttons you get a window with a list of choices looking like this:
    Pecca said:

Major, minor, skin and hair colors are those you can change in game. Metal, leather and armor color are the ones you want to edit

Actually one may want to edit all seven, because in the editor there are a lot more colors to choose from than in the game.... :)