Skip to content

You encounter a giant spider, what do?

Comments

• KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Well, I suppose I have a spider-proof box and some things I could use to pick it up with to place in one of these boxes... Then out the door it goes.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    I'd use a huge Metal Mixing bowl I have. Drop it on the spider, slide my giant cookie sheet underneath, and call a museum or zoo and offer it to them. Ask for the cleaned bowl and cookie sheet back afterwards, of course.
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    edited June 2013
    In the UK: pick it up, rescue it from the cat, inspect it, take photos of it, post them on teh interwebs, leave it alone.
    Here in Aus: rescue the cat from it, cover it up, very gingerly take photos of it (for evidence), post them on teh interwebs (assuming I haven't had to call an ambo to take me for an anti-venom), shoo it away. Actually it's the little ones you have to watch here ;)

Oh, wait, I can sell it? Oh okay, that's easy... erect stepladder, drop big plastic box on it from height, call experts and get them to shift it.

Hey there, all. Long time no post.
  • LindeblomLindeblom Member Posts: 257
    He would die a fast painless death.....he is endangered??? Well so am I and I have a 12 gauge shotgun. No one will ever find his body.
    What spider??
    Nooo, never saw a spider...
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    I would run out of the house, if the spider followed me outside then I would (by the rules of the game) have succeeded.

Or (and I would in no way be brave enough to do this) 1. Attack it with a bokken and break its legs. 2.Play the banjo until it flees for its life
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    14 inches?

Can't kill it?

Is suicide an option?
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    I thought this thread was LONG dead. @lolien‌ are you a necromancer?
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Just an ordinary myconid.
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    a necromancing myconid???
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    The myconids have gained spellcasting. The world is DOOOOOMED!
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Anduin said:

Yes. You should be afraid of crabs.

If you have crabs @Nukeface‌ , I'm told that you should seek a doctor...

Octopi are known sneak into small spaces on land, heck of a surprise I'd wager.
  • NukefaceNukeface Member Posts: 91
    @Anduin‌

I don't remember asking your advice in the matter, SIR. *itch itch itch*
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Advice should be spread around @Nukeface !

*itch itch itch*
  • NukefaceNukeface Member Posts: 91
    @Anduin‌

Crabs, the true Bhaalspawn?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    kcwise said:

I would blast the spider with annoying pop music, sure to send the thing scurrying for safety. If that didn't work I'd film it waving it's legs around to ward off the horrifying musical cacophony and post it on YouTube "Spider Dances To Taylor Swift's Shake It Off"

Watch out that you don't kill anyone putting that music ;p