Skip to content

Anyone Else Feel Like a Total Heel Kicking Imoen Out of the Party?

T____T I'm sorry Immy! But I'm trying an evil playthrough! And I've always wanted to use Tiax!

Comments

• NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    You're not alone man, you're not alone. Usually, whenever I do it, I pretend she was never there in the first place.

Or have her die terribly and have my grief stricken bhaalspawn seek out revenge on the man who dare destroy our once peaceful lives with this horrible reality we must now face. Technicly its Gorian but hes dead so I just blame Sarevok...or Noober. Eithers good.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    No. I feel free, finally free from the shackles of a restricted life in a fortified library. Free from babysitting everyone's brats; free from everyone calling me "child" at the age of 20. Go cuddle that wolf, Imoen, I'll talk to these two gentlemen over there.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited May 2013
    BG & TotSC
    CHARNAME: Hey, I care about you too much. You're all I've got left of Candlekeep. I can't let you get hurt, out here.
    Imoen: But I overheard you and < INSERT NPC NAME HERE > the other night, and you said you care about < INSERT GENDER-SPECIFIC PRONOUN HERE >!
    CHARNAME: That's a different kind of caring, Imoen.
    Imoen: Oh, whatever, I'm not in the mood to argue with you, I'll just go chill with Volo. I hope you catch demon fever. Also, I'm dismissing you.

BG II
    CHARNAME: Remember what I said about a year ago? That still applies. Glad I could help, but you're powerful enough to take care of yourself now, and, well...
    Imoen: Yeah, yeah, I'm heading to Waterdeep, you troll's nostril. Don't write me, I might end up having my soul swapped with a cactus when they find out where the letter's from, or something. Seriously. Good-bye.

Naw, I think of it as "Hey, you wanted to be free, now's your chance.".
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Imoen can be mostly ignored in BG1, she doesn't exactly play a big part at anything in the game so you don't need to feel bad for not using her... It's only in BG2 where she's actually included in the storyline.
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    Kaltzor said:

Imoen can be mostly ignored in BG1, she doesn't exactly play a big part at anything in the game so you don't need to feel bad for not using her... It's only in BG2 where she's actually included in the storyline.

True, but it's hard to not apply all of the characterization she receives retroactively. Even if you can ignore that, and disregard that you're leaving this sweet young girl, your sister, to the wolves, you're still telling your best friend to take a hike. It for this reason I've never been able to complete an evil play-through; I've gotten too invested in the characters over the years, and feel like an immoral traitor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    The only time I didn't take her in BG2, was when I first played BG2. I hadn't played the first game first and thus had no emotional connection to Imoen.
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    mlnevese said:

I never kick her out. She is a must have character.

I tried once in BG2. The game felt so wierd without her I went back several savegames, and real time hours of game, just to include her back in the party.

The fact is, in BG2 there are not enough NPC to be able to reliably kick her out of the party, depending your CHARNAME class.

Yes, I know Nalia its the same role in a party, but her lower thief stats make her less appealing (to me).

Not to mention in my language of the game (not english), Nalia has a very annoying voice.

@Aasimar069

The only straight up replacement for Imoen that I can think of is Jan Jansen. Illusionist/Thief MC for Thief/Mage DC. Nalia's thieving skills just aren't up to snuff. And she is pretty annoying.

Someone needs to make some sort of Ranger(Crossbow Archer)/Skald Ted Nugent Multiclass NPC.

Not to replace Imoen, but just because.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Tresset said:

I always feel bad in BG2 when I reach spellhold and I choose not to take her.

Just kill her. Take her Bhaalspawn essence.
  • dstoltzfusdstoltzfus Member Posts: 280
    :(.
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    I always just stab her in the back. My sociopathic serial killer PC was just looking for the opportunity to shank the annoying brat without the guards taking issue.

That way I can avoid the awkward conversation.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Chow said:

I always just stab her in the back. My sociopathic serial killer PC was just looking for the opportunity to shank the annoying brat without the guards taking issue.

That way I can avoid the awkward conversation.

That is golden.

• francofranco Member Posts: 507
    After you hear her cry out when she's hit by arrows in the mines, you can never let her go.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    franco said:

After you hear her cry out when she's hit by arrows in the mines, you can never let her go.

I know! Who else would you send ahead into hordes of archers!?
    @Kilivitz Wow, that is amazingly apt. O_o o_O

Baldur's Gate is just Fantasy Star Wars!
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    Tresset said:

You know, I think the whole reason for Yoshimo's betrayal was to make room for Imoen when you got to her.

That's why I always make sure to take him with me to Spellhold. I not only have a thief until I reach Imoen, but, oh look, a slot just opened up for her!
    @Malicron I just love Jan Jansen so I tend to grab him. And Imoen tends to get dual classed early in BG1 so I usually edit her stats to reflect that in BG2 so having an actual thief isn't redundant.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Imoen kind of reminds me of Dawn from Buffy TVS. So I have NOOOOO problem kicking her to the curb. Should have let the key do it's job and be done with it. Would have made a better season-ender anyway.