Monastic Orders of Faerun v0.41 is now available for download.
Monastic Orders of Faerûn (MO or MOoF) rebalances monk progression in order to provide viability at both low and high levels. It revises the three existing monks in an attempt to make them all balanced at all levels of play. It also adds four new Monk kits, inspired by various monastic orders throughout the Realms.
The current version of Monastic Orders (v0.4+) is designed to work with any of the released Enhanced Editions (BG:EE, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, EET). Many features of this mod rely heavily on the functionality added in the Enhanced Editions, and thus there are no plans to extend compatibility to the original games.
This component revises the Monk and its two kits (Sun Soul and Dark Moon) extensively, moving them to the Thief class, overhauling their class features, and making use of a modular Fighting and Defense Style system. This component also updates Rasaad to use the new system.
(All other components of this mod require this component to be installed.) EXPANDED RACE OPTIONS
This component allow races other than Humans to become Monks.
- Monk: Any race
- Sun Soul: Human, Half-Elf, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling
- Dark Moon: Human, Half-Elf, Elf, Half-Orc MONK MULTICLASSES
(Yes, you read that right.) This component introduces 6 multiclass kits for Monks.
- Fighter/Monk, Cleric/Monk, Mage/Monk
- Illusionist/Monk (for Gnomes, if available)
- Fighter/Sun Soul Monk, Cleric/Sun Soul Monk
- Illusionist/Dark Moon Monk
(Note that this component does not do anything unless you install the Expanded Race Options component of this mod, another mod that allows Humans to multiclass, or another mod that opens up racial options for all classes.) NEW KITS
This component adds four more Monk kits to the mix.
- Hin Fist Monks: members of the shorter races that rely on agility and discipline over size and brawn
- Shining Hand Monks: protectors of the Weave, skilled at fighting arcane casters
- Long Death Monks: sneaky assassins devoted to the idea of death
- Broken One Monks: resilient devotees of Ilmatar who protect the weak
If you installed the Monk Multiclasses component, you also get the following multiclass options:
- Fighter/Hin Fist Monk
- Mage/Shining Hand Monk
- Fighter/Long Death Monk
- Cleric/Broken One Monk
- Fighter/Broken One Monk ITEM RESTRICTIONS PATCH
(This is provided for mod compatibility purposes). Install it once you have installed any mod that adds items, to ensure that the Monks from this mod follow the proper item restrictions.
A full readme is available on the Monastic Orders GitHub page
Get the latest release from GitHub here
, and extract to your game directory, then run the SetUp-MonasticOrders.exe and follow the command prompts.
A list of known bugs is available here. If you encounter a bug while playing this mod, I encourage you to report it in this thread with important details so that I may attempt to fix it.
- Multiclass monks receive the Set Snare innate ability.
- Dual-classing removes the Monk animations.
- The non-human Monk animations have slight graphical issues when wielding weapons.
A list of all mod version changes is available here.
- Changes to various Monk items to be usable by Thieves.
- Slight fix to IWDEE components (no multiclass kits right now).
- Slight refinement of inter-component compatibility
- Added the Illusionist/Monk multi-class kit for Gnomes
- Total feature overhaul (available on GitHub
- Improved compatibility with mods and EET
- Removed the items component (for now)
Version 0.3 (available via the attached .rar)
- Fixed Shadowstep ability bug (discovered by @Draylyn)
- Added Polish translation (courtesy of @Cahir)
- Renamed to Monastic Orders (of Faerun)
- Added IWD:EE compatibility
- Fixed a text string with the improve fists
- Fixed bugs with the fist progression
- First public release as Monks Remastered
Ideas, criticism and comments always appreciated.
Have something you would like to see in this mod? Suggest it in the thread and I'll see what I can do.