Skip to content

Explain your profile picture.

Comments

• SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    I used a picture of a Thief-y character, but then @KidCarnival finished his paladin training and this happened. And then this. My alter-ego is a delusional Mind Flayer Priest of Lathander.
    So I've changed my avatar and actually EEkeepered one of my CHARNAMEs into a Mind Flayer too.

I like it.
  • FlashheartFlashheart Member Posts: 125
    +1 Like to the first person to identify where I got my profile pic from. :)
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    @Flashheart - I have seen that guy somewhere. It's from some game or something. Don't remember where :-(
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    @Flashheart I think I've seen that guy in NWN2 promotional artwork stuff...
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
    A hooded city guide in chainmail.
  • FlashheartFlashheart Member Posts: 125
    @Kaltzor Well done. He actually features in the intro, fighting the demon. It's one of the best intros in my opinion.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @KidCarnival gave me a button to push... This button initiated a mummification process.

Since then, my brain has been replaced by an Blackguard Cauliflower and a Paladin Broccoli...

But of course you already know this because you've read the threads ...
  • ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187
    I like kitten! And games! Not necessarily in that order.
  • BeetleBeetle Member Posts: 46
    Croaker from the Black Company series (I've unfortunately come to resemble him over time).
  • killeahkilleah Member Posts: 124
    Picture of myself, taken while reading the latest WoW magazine in June last year. I was checking up on the content and new stuff, considering if I should activate my 4 yrs frozen account.

It became obvious quite fast that I shouldn't - hence the indifferent look on my face
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Lemernis said:

Back in 2000 when I was playing a multiplayer game with some other Planet Baldur's Gate forum members I played a thief. So I found this portrait at the time to use for my forum avatar on that forum (I've never played the "Thief" computer game.). I just stuck with it ever since for continuity's sake. It was originally the same portrait but without the red background, IIRC.

@Lemernis has never played Thief!! *mind blown* and to think I'd considered you one of the brethren, all this time.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    My first D&D character was Drugar, Dwarven Battlerager. The name and character stuck, hence the picture of a Dwarven Battlerager.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    @Moomintroll Well, I've always wanted to if that helps! ;P I do hope one day to have a go at it. I guess I could get it through GOG, right? Gold Edition, I should think.
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    That
    is a depiction of Arra Frostweaver, a star elf high mage specialized in divination and one of my favourite characters. To a limited extent, Arra's face is a rough likeness of my face.
    Thus you shall not bow down to it or serve it, for this is mere imagery; I would hate you if you did.
    av.jpg 272.3K
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    It's Jake from Adventure Time, with a long sword. Pretty self explanatory.
  • Mine is a dazed emoticon because thats how I feel.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Me, in Eve Online...with shorter hair...(Why on why can't the people who believe in personal freedom incarnate (Gallente) have a ponytail on guy).
  • CronatosCronatos Member Posts: 44
    A burning rose.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    @EntropyXII got some more portraits there? You draw pretty well.

Mine is The Illusive Man from Mass Effect with less grey hair. I used it as a portrait for my Jagged Alliance custom mercenary. I asked myself how would Cerberus fit in the Jagged Alliance universe. So I made an Illusive Man character starting out as rookie mercenary, that would later on progress in terms of skills and know-how of the mercenary business. He'd eventually make his own mercenary group that would rival AIM., and he'd call it Cerberus Initiative. To sum it up, it's an alternate universe of Jagged Alliance with Mass Effect. I liked the concept, and I've used this portrait in many other things ever since.
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    @Illustair - Thanks =) Yeah, I am in the process of my second portrait pack.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/19032/exii-baldur-s-gate-portrait-pack-1#latest

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I felt like it was time for a change :)
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    @elminster 1e Elminster, now that's what I'm talking about.
  • rexregrexreg Member Posts: 292
    a dragon playing a keyboard
    my ex's aunt drew it for me & i use it on my business card
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    I'm unstable. :)
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    edited September 2014
    if you can't read the caption on mine it says

Freaking News: Polluted oceans cause squid to grow lungs and develop the ability to fly. Science quits.

deciding my profile picture was a no brainer =)
    Post edited by Night_Watch on
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I missed this thread before. I'd like to see more of these posted.

Mine is a crop of a fantasy drawing from @LadyRhian's collection. In the full image, he has a pseudo-dragon on his shoulder. I liked the face, because it resembles me when I was about 23 years old. I play myself at various ages in my games, so I've used this same picture for a lot of my BG Charnames.
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    Updated: Res increase and now shreds a guitar
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    A while back, I went through a big phase of drawing all the time (something I need to start again). I decided I wanted to try and draw Cyric as he might've looked when mortal. I based his appearance off what I read in the Avatar crisis, when he traveled with Kelemvor and Midnight, thought I'd have him sneaking/stalking through the side-alleys of the city.