Skip to content

Explain your profile picture.

Comments

• LindeblomLindeblom Member Posts: 257
    What, me worry??? Vadå, jag dyster??

Love Alfred E Neumann and MAD magazine.

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited May 2013
    I like animals above all else so I will probably always have a cool animal as an avatar. I am currently the charismatic peacock mantis shrimp; an animal that has the best color vision in the world and can "punch" so hard and fast it makes the water at the strike zone cavitate, which basically means it makes an imploding bubble that collapses to impart incredible force on the target. The mantis shrimp punch can break clam shells, shatter aquarium glass, and break people's fingers in a single blow. I think it is a very cool animal.

It also comes with a meme which I thought fit perfectly with the forum.
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    edited May 2013
    @Aedan. The actor in the tv series "Borgia" who plays Alfonso, Principe di Napoli, reminds me a bit of your profile picture. At least he gets to marry Lucrezia. Take care.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    It's a panda...

Not really much to explain. Well, other than the reason.
  • dstoltzfusdstoltzfus Member Posts: 280
    @Moomintroll, that is....a strange tale...
    @State_Lemming, I love Calvin and Hobbes!
    @CamDawg, "ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!"
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    Seems you've sparked my interest in posting, at least, once more.

'Philosopher in Meditation is the traditional title of an oil painting in the Musée du Louvre, Paris, that has long been attributed to the 17th-century Dutch artist Rembrandt.'

The reasons might be already clear - an inclination(and, ideally, inexhaustible service)for Philosophy. Now, why the attraction for this particular piece? - the call for a recluse life and ascetic morals.
    I'm aware the author, probably, had something else in mind; I'm clueless about the visual arts, yet I really enjoy the stillness of some works(like the ones you presented), especially the ones with fruits like a pear and a pot.
  • dstoltzfusdstoltzfus Member Posts: 280
    @Zafiro, I absolutely love it. Baroque art is my favorite. Rembrandt is one of the greatest painters of all time. I definitely prefer more "solitaryesque" art: landscape is my favorite. In "Philosopher in Meditation", it isn't clear cut that it is a philosopher in the painting (as none of the iconographic items of philosophy, e.g. globes, books, quills, exist) nor is it particularly solitary (e.g. there are two other figures in the scene)...it is a very interesting piece. As for still-lifes with fruit (so as not to derail the thread, I'll keep it short): memento mori are always thought provoking.
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    edited May 2013
    Mine's the villain from the 80's dungeons and dragons cartoon.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Berserk Manga/Anime, Skull Knight, that's about it.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    http://www.elfquest.com/pubs/bios/Trolls/TwoEdge.html

I thought a smith was a good choice for someone who likes fixing things :)
  • ImperatorImperator Member Posts: 154
    Well, I've used the name Imperator on quite a many places, so a bust of Julius Caesar seemed fitting. The origin of the name does not actually come from the latin word for emperor (or something like that) but from one of my nicknames, Impro, which came from Improvisator. I use variations of it on different forums and game profiles.
  • Urd1enUrd1en Member Posts: 84
    ?
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    @dstoltzfus, yes, I still find it solitary enough; meaning, is best to retire into yourself when forced to live in a crowd.
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    Me and my partner, we are a photography pair, we were at an anime convention doing promotional work for the hosts and its team, we were in the changing rooms and it had a large mirror so we captured a coupley photograph. :3
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    It was originally a Simpsons version of me. Since I've been playing the RP threads I've changed to Kivan, and now Skie.
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    Mine's a drawing of one of my BGEE chars
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AvengingExileAvengingExile Member Posts: 33
    I am writing a terrible fanfic with a author-inserted Mary Sue character who I was pleased to find that Icewind Dale had a picture that fit nicely with my in-head imagery.
    It's either this or a wolf. However the mood strikes me. :)
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    It's my dobermann, one of my dogs.
  • yzaneyzane Member Posts: 20
    searched guitar on google images. rest is history
  • HoboJoe0858HoboJoe0858 Member Posts: 36
    Random portrait I found online for BG2, use it for my character Jericho.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    My͢ pi͢c̀t̛ure ̡wa̕s ͝take҉n͠ th͡é ͟day͞ ̶I͏ com̷p̵le̛ted̛ my ̶t̴r͏ai͏ńi͝n͠g͟, a͏fter m̕y ̷oa̷th̨ to͠ s̶e̡r͘ve͜ H͟elm̛. ͞I̶t̸ ͠ho͠lds̀ ͜sp͠ecíal me͡anin͘g to͏ me.͝ Y͢o̕u ̧don't͞ becoḿe ͟a ̡p̕aladi͠ǹ ͜o͘f̡ Helm͢ ev͞ȩr͢y̸ ̴d͘a͘y,̸ a͡fter͝ ̶all͞.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Back in 2000 when I was playing a multiplayer game with some other Planet Baldur's Gate forum members I played a thief. So I found this portrait at the time to use for my forum avatar on that forum (I've never played the "Thief" computer game.). I just stuck with it ever since for continuity's sake. It was originally the same portrait but without the red background, IIRC.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    It was summer, and it was really hot , so I thought of looking at a bear underwater in order to feel better . =D
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    @Lemernis. Your portrait of a serious no-nonsense thief also looks as if he's reached the point where he can use all wands and scrolls, and shouldn't be trifled with.