Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details. Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Ask Us Anything! (Volume 2)

1234568»

Comments

• CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,309
    Match451 said:

Does BG:EE use EAX (environmental audio)? IIRC, the original BG1 & BG2 used EAX, but I don't see it anywhere on the options menu for BG:EE. DirectSound is no longer supported on Win Vista, 7 or 8, but OpenAL is a workable alternative.

Does (or will) BG:EE support environmental audio again?

BG:EE does support EAX using OpenAL. There is no longer an option to turn it off, since, well...it works :)
    Metallomanj5689
    Solmenir said:

My first question is about the new UI - will we be able to make weapon sets like in Icewind Dale 2?

No, the UI updates are mostly cosmetic...but it is purty :)
    Solmenir said:

My other question is regarding BG2:EE- is there plans to add new NPC-s other than the new ones in the prequel? It could really use some bad guys - as far as I can remember, there are like 3 evil NPCs in it :-)

I think that's the first time I've heard BG called a prequel...
    Yes, it has been pretty well spread around that there will be a new NPC meeting your specifications.
    Solmenir said:

And my final question is about Icewind Dale - is there a chance for an Icewind Dale enhanced edition too?

We're focusing on the BGEE update(s) and BG2EE right now.
    typo_tilly
  • GriegGrieg Member Posts: 507
    Cerevant said:

Does it mean that we will have to wait longer for Android build (since no focused works on)?
  • typo_tillytypo_tilly Member Posts: 4,947
    edited August 2013
    Edwin said:

What is the origin of pi ?

p is the origin
    i is the end

:3
    rdarkenEdwinCrevsDaak
  • laneislaneis Member Posts: 8
    Cerevant said:

Hey cerevant, since it's a ask anything, are you including Android Developement in this sentence ?
    Any estimation on the release date ?

I won't ask that early about BG2EE but i guess the IOS device release will be earlier than Android too ...

Planning to switch back to Apple Devices for a tab, since the apple store is much better toward game release for my project of buying a tablet computer.
    The information about Baldur's Gate is quite important for me actually since i'm a long term fan.
    laneis said:

Hey cerevant, since it's a ask anything, are you including Android Developement in this sentence ?

Yes
    laneis said:

Any estimation on the release date ?

No
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    edited August 2013
    Why do daggers fly so slow through the air?! :(
    Post edited by Lateralus on
    Eleutheros
  • agentmulderagentmulder Member Posts: 114
    edited August 2013
    So... What about cloud saves? They are still on the planes? I just lost a hd and it would saved me :/
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Sorry if this has been answered already... but will BG EE new NPCs (Neera, Dorn and Rassad) return in BG 2 EE? And if so, any indication as to where? (Irenicus' Dungeon? Near the exit?)

Also outside of those 3, are there any plans to add new NPCs into BG 2 EE?

Thanks
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,433
    It's been answered a couple of times, but yes, Dorn, Neera, and Rasaad will make an appearance in BG2:EE. There is also one other NPC that wasn't in BG1EE that will be in BG2EE.
    Heindrich
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Dee said:

It's been answered a couple of times, but yes, Dorn, Neera, and Rasaad will make an appearance in BG2:EE. There is also one other NPC that wasn't in BG1EE that will be in BG2EE.

Thanks for quick answer!

What I am getting at is that if I run with one of the new BG 1 EE new NPCs, would I be able to join up with them reasonably easily in BG 2 EE? Not just from a game mechanic point of view, but roleplay-wise as well.

Also do the BG 1 EE romances carry over in BG 2 EE? How would that affect the old BG 2 romances?

I know it will probably be a long time before BG 2 EE is released, but I am already planning a full BG 1 EE to BG 2 EE run, and looking for new portraits, so the above info would be really useful :)
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited August 2013
    Actually, I'm kind of curious about that as well: one of the things that worked quite well with the insertion of the new NPCs is that you can recruit them before the game really gets started - it's a straight line from the Friendly Arm Inn to Beregost to Nashkel, and all you have to do is take out Ekandor's group and Senjak/Dorotea.

Will Dorn, Neera, Rasaad and NPC #4 (does she have a name yet?) be available within Athkatla? Or are they late-game additions like Mazzy and Cernd?
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 487
    Lateralus said:

mass effect fields.
    FredjoAdulelminstertypo_tilly
  • pekirtpekirt Member Posts: 111
    Lateralus said:

To pass through personal shields, daggers must be wielded or thrown with a precise speed. Of course, using personal shields creates its own problems in desert areas by disturbing indigenous lifeforms (or when interacting with lasguns, but that's not a problem here), so if you want to see daggers flying fast, take your fight to the desert.
    newvillage
1234568»
This discussion has been closed.