Skip to content

Ask Us Anything! (Volume 2)

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    @DKnight as @kamuizin said, there won't be any official fix for a while, but see here for an unofficial fix:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17862/tressets-shadowdancer-bugfixes

• CobbwebCobbweb Member Posts: 26
    deltago said:

Are you kidding?

Timbits are delicious, no way they're sharing with us.

They can atleast give us the Dutchie ones. No one eats those but they are better than nothing.

I didnt think anyone left timbits behind, even the old fashioned ones. on a side note, did anyone notice a change of taste of the chocolate timbits/doughnuts when they switched between store made and premade stuff?

Back to the topic, I want to know what is your least fav timbit?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2013
    Cobbweb said:

deltago said:

Are you kidding?

Timbits are delicious, no way they're sharing with us.

They can atleast give us the Dutchie ones. No one eats those but they are better than nothing.

I didnt think anyone left timbits behind, even the old fashioned ones. on a side note, did anyone notice a change of taste of the chocolate timbits/doughnuts when they switched between store made and premade stuff?

Back to the topic, I want to know what is your least fav timbit?
    Yea the chocolate ones do taste different.

I'd have to say my least favourite would be plain.

Speaking of Tim's, apparently they've come out with a donut whose proceeds are going to help the Alberta flood victims. So thats kind of nice (if not totally off topic :) )
    Post edited by elminster on
  • DKnightDKnight Member Posts: 307
    This is not really a big question but I noticed either an error on gamebanshee or a reality which would really suck. I am currently putting the kabash on melee rogue as Ive already completed the game 3 times on this engine. I just started a crossbow wielding rogue (thief) who will eventually get crossbow of speed with 2 attacks per round. The weird part is that I can wield a light crossbow with no prob. in game. However gamebanshee says that light crossbow of speed wont be usable on rogue or regular crossbow +1. Is this a glitch that was only with original game? I don't want to have to wait for getting money to purchase it only to find out it doesn't work.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited June 2013
    If it's true, it's only true for the original game.

I'll have answers for some of the other questions later today; this week's been a little crazy.
  • DKnightDKnight Member Posts: 307
    Thanks a lot. I thought it made little sense myself.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Okay, here's a tough one that probably won't get answered due to reasons but I have to ask anyway: of the many parent companies Beamdog petitioned to make the EE (Hasbro, WotC, Atari, BioWare/EA), which of them imposed the restrictions on changing existing content?

And a follow-up that will also probably not get answered: if Atari were the ones who made that stipulation, and Beamdog either acquires their rights to the IP or renegotiates with whoever actually gets them, will this allow the devs to make more content/story/character-related changes for BG:EE and BG2:EE?
    alnair
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited July 2013
    Now here's a lighter one. :)

In the original BG2, you had the ability to convert the alignments of three characters either through subquests (Anomen) or dialogue (Viconia, Sarevok). Will this be possible for Dorn, Neera, Rasaad or NPC 4 in BG2:EE?
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    My assumptions @Shawne.

-Apparently Bioware holds copyright only over infinite engine.
    -WotC holds copyright only over D&D lore content inside Baldur's Gate, therefore this isn't something that can be brought, they probally never sell D&D rights but only lend them, to control the content and avoid official matter with content that disrupt D&D lore.
    -Hasbro i have no idea of which copyrights they can own over Baldur's Gate. You don't find any reference to Baldur's Gate in HASBRO site, so i would guess they probally doesn't have any direct copyright over the product, only distributions rights, probally if even comes to that (they can maybe be just a third part imposed by ATARI on the contract of BG:EE).
    - ATARI, certain to have most of Baldur's Gate copyrights and the only one to certain pull the strings of direct content copyright.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    By my understanding, the only involvement that Hasbro has is that they own WotC.
    kamuizin
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    mch202 said:

I have a question about Weather effects improvements...

a long time ago Nathan said (where is he?!):

Nathan said:

Better weather and day->night effects/transitions is definitely on the list.

...I hate to say it but this may be a feature that gets delayed due to the code-wrangling difficulties we've encountered to-date. But yes, this is for sure something that we want to overhaul.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/2150/weather-effects-improvements/p1

Any information regarding this??
    @Dee , Is better weather effects still on your feature list?

• BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
    is there anything you can say about the future of BG:EE yet?
    elminsterMalicron
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    If someone were to take the time to render higher resolution character animation sprites, would the current IE render system be able to utilize them?
    MalicronMoomintrollFredjo
  • zackkzackk Member Posts: 7
    I am trying to download a bug fix but it is not letting me download the file.

The bug in question is the laurel quest bug, where she will not talk to me and give me the quest to murder some things near the gnoll stronghold

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16478/bug-laurel-quest-spoiler-alert

When I see the file that I need to put in the override, all I see is a picture.

I am using a windows 7 OS, please help fix the problem or post the file in a different location, either or
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @zackk See my answer in your topic.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Is there a chance that the legal kerfuffle kills BG:EE and the patch is never released?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Some are already in. Some are in the upcoming patch. But i doubt that every single one of them will ever be.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Pecca said:

Adul said:

@Shusaku I agree, it sounds like a bug. Feel free to submit a bug report in the "BG:EE bugs" section of this forum.

I already submitted this.
    And it is already in "The Patch".
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    just don't forget the ranged automatic walk to melee bug plz, it's annoying when my ranged characters just walk for melee distance when AI make them change target.

Dwarven Defender also is bugged, his proficience in axe is reaching grand master (*****) when it should only reach master (****), war hammers are working normally (limited to **** proficience). If anyone weapon is bugged with DD i don't know.
  • rathlordrathlord Member Posts: 171
    If (completely for the sake of hypotheticals) Overhaul was to buy the Baldur's Gate IP from Atari, would that effect GOG.com's ability to sell the old versions? Would you ask for a cut of their profit? Would you request, instead, that they sell only the EE's? And finally, would you keep the game on Steam assuming all other contracts are broken and you guys are free to do whatever you want?
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Jarl said:

Will the Externalization Requests get implemented?

Some are already in. Some are in the upcoming patch. But i doubt that every single one of them will ever be.
    Understood. I've heard that all or most of the tobex changes will eventually make it in. I've also heard about a useful-looking 2da here and there (including one for thief skill allocation). Is there any chance we could get a specific list? Since I have your attention any chance of getting the missing clabs and k_x_x's?
  • rathlordrathlord Member Posts: 171
    @Avenger_teambg On the same note as above, is the limited number of kits/spells that are available to show one of the things that has been 'unhardcoded' or are those on the 'to-do' list or the 'not to do list'?
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @Grammarsalad - I've been thinking of drawing up a list of externalization that have been implemented once the patch is released. If I find the time...
    GrammarsaladIchigoRXC
  • SchopenhauerSchopenhauer Member Posts: 36

@Grammarsalad - I've been thinking of drawing up a list of externalization that have been implemented once the patch is released. If I find the time...

That would be lovely.
    The Forum is so dead right now - I hope the situation is sorted out really soon... BG deserves it.

AdulMalicronGrammarsalad
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    @AndreaColombo that would be amazing, the go to source for all our post patch needs :D (heres to hoping for the patch... stupid game politics)
  • apenneyapenney Member Posts: 5
    I'm not sure if this is something you can answer but if we get our wishes and you guys manage to buy the rights will that release you from all other contractual agreements that tied your hands regarding modifying original content? Will you be unleashed to change whatever you like? :)
    alnair
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    How about Pool of Radiance: EE? That would be awesome! ;-)
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    As far as I've heard the Atari IP auction was meant to start this week. Any word on the progress in your negotiations with them?
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582

the implication that this will take a while makes me very happy...would a non-tobex list (with a link to the tobex modder ref, say) be easier?
This discussion has been closed.