Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition is coming to Mac & PC on November 15th

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    @kamuizin

As of this moment, the US dollar is worth R$ 2,245, which means pre-ordering BG2:EE will cost you R$ 56,00. If you wait for the dollar to be worth R$ 2 again, you will spend R$ 49,99, which is a... R$ 6 difference. Even if you wait until it's worth R$ 1,85 (which could take a long time), you will not save more than R$ 10.

Is it really worth to deprive yourself from playing the game so you can save 10 bucks? I'm guessing if you are in a position where you can afford to buy it, and has access to an international credit card, you're at least middle class, to whom spending R$ 10 is far from breaking the bank.

I mean, what can you buy around here with that kind of money anyway? Two bottles of Coke? A pack of cigarettes and some chewing gum? A movie ticket will cost you twice as much.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    You're missing the point @Kilivitz, this kind of mentality that make people misuse money and spend it without control.

The issue from an isolated point of view as a purchase of BG2 EE from Beamdog can means nothing, but for steam users, that not only work with difference between the ratio but abuses from steam that pursue profit not only with the game but with the ration changes, as @Isaya pointed out, can at the end of the month make a huge difference.

I'm not blaming Beamdog or any other company as they doesn't have control over money ratio around the world, it's something bigger than them. I will wait until 14 november to make my purchase and see if the dollar get a drop until then, but i'm not dropping the purchase because of that. I'm reflecting about the pre-order only in reason of the badge.

I'm not going to play BG2 atm anyway cos my work is consuming me too much, so even if i purchase the game now i will still let the game on the wait to play it later.
  • raquoraquo Member Posts: 22
    I just pre-ordered BG2EE for Mac OSX, but I can only find a Beamdog Client for Windows. Am I doing it wrong?
  • EmmiEmmi Member Posts: 77
    Just wanted to bump the idea of putting Return to Windspear in! Loved the script of the mod and it would just be amazing to finally, after all those years, being able to play it!
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    @raquo check with support@beamdog.com - if something got mixed up, Dee should be able to get it sorted.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It looks like the confirmation email was the same for both Windows and Mac versions. We'll have a stand-alone Mac installer when we start preloading.
  • qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    how do you get the stand alone launcher for windows...i preordered and wasnt given the option for a stand alone launcher?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199

how do you get the stand alone launcher for windows...i preordered and wasnt given the option for a stand alone launcher?

I think you go to the game page on beamdog.com and there is a big 'Install' button that downloads the standalone launcher.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Though, again, the stand-alone installer won't be available until we start preloading.
  • qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    ok hope so...thanks Dee.
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    @Dee This might be a small spoiler for some people, but it was my impression that a lot of the quests in the "Unfinished Business" mod for BGII were originally designed by the developers and had been planned to be incorporated into the final game but were left out due to time constraints. Any chance those might have found their way into BGII:EE?
  • jamessh1jamessh1 Member Posts: 7
    Almost a week away from PC.

Can we get an eta on the IOS release date, along with supported devices (eg. Will ipad2 and mini be supported)?
  • StraylightStraylight Member Posts: 9

@Dee This might be a small spoiler for some people, but it was my impression that a lot of the quests in the "Unfinished Business" mod for BGII were originally designed by the developers and had been planned to be incorporated into the final game but were left out due to time constraints. Any chance those might have found their way into BGII:EE?

I think most of the quests in "unfinished business" have not been incorporated because of time restraints but because the developers felt they don't fit into the final game. Creating games is like making music or movies. There's a directors cut and some stuff doesn't make it into the final game, and for good reason.
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    @Straylight That makes sense. I only played it during my last play through and I liked most of them because it allowed me to get several high priced items earlier on without having to spend all of my cash on them. I especially liked the extra quest that Minsc had with Boo's kidnapping...but let's face it...more Minsc and Boo is always better.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    @Straylight for good reasons – or for practical reasons, like the game had to be realeased, ready in every little detail or not. as art is never "complete" (except minimalism by definition), there is always room for improvement and addition if there is time, money and muse.
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    1 week from tomorrow!! *poop*
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    one more week and hamster's and rangers will be everywhere! Rejoice!
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    Do we know when we can start preloading?
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    I want to go on record saying that I have full faith in Beamdog/Overhaul games releasing this on time,

but just to be the Devil's Advocate in this situation, I'd like to point out that with bgee, they originally scheduled it to be released on the 18th of September, and they said preloading would start a week or two in advance, but just 4 days from release preloading still hadn't started, and it was delayed a couple of months.. my point is the lack of preloading at this point does make me a tad nervous.

I'd also like to go on record saying that if it does delay I wont feel any less inclined to support beamdog, and will still be behind them 100%.
    I appriciate all they do.
  • RahlikRahlik Member Posts: 86
    Dee said:

We're definitely on schedule for next week. The only thing that's pending right now is the preloading.

Any Idea when an announcement will be made regarding pre-loading please?

• callimachuscallimachus Member Posts: 86
    Dee said:

We're definitely on schedule for next week. The only thing that's pending right now is the preloading.

Excellent, because I've already taken a week and a half long vacation from work, starting on the 14th.

• MalinkaMalinka Member Posts: 4
    Is the Russian localisation planned in bgee2? Will the situation with localisation be repeated again(we haven't gotten it yet)?
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115

Dee said:

Excellent, because I've already taken a week and a half long vacation from work, starting on the 14th.

nice! i took 3 days. that friday, monday, tuesday.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    jamessh1 said:

Almost a week away from PC.

Can we get an eta on the IOS release date, along with supported devices (eg. Will ipad2 and mini be supported)?

If the release is on the 15th, I would expect they'll have it to Apple by then...assuming they're not doing a later release for the iPad which I think they did last time. This is all to saying: You're guess is as good as mine! :)

As to the specs, however, the game engine is the same game engine as ran BG:EE. The CONTENT certainly doesn't tax the processor, and since the engine is the same we all expect that the game will run on the exact same systems (iPad 1 -> iPad Air + all Mini's) that BG:EE does right now.
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    I've managed to get myself ten days off for this release. Gonna be great!
  • albinocobraalbinocobra Member Posts: 56

I've managed to get myself ten days off for this release. Gonna be great!

You bastard! :p

I managed to get 7 days for the week after :D

The only thing left to do is decide whether to play F/M, F/T, F/C or F/D. Oh yeah and figure out how to squeeze in Aerie, Mazzy and Minsc in the already crowded party (Neera, Raasad, Dorn, Hexxat, Charname, Imoen)... Ah, good old imes... :D
  • kotekokoteko Member Posts: 179
    edited November 2013
    I don't know if that's been already answered, but.. doesn't pre-order allow for an earlier download, like for the first BGEE (if I recall correctly)? Waiting 'till next week seems like a climb up the Everest right now :P
This discussion has been closed.