Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition is coming to Mac & PC on November 15th

Comments

• 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    I know its still undecided. But it would be so cool if when they finally make bg3. anyone with bgee and bg2 ee get a special secret item in bg3. like with the golden pantaloons
  • BolekBolek Member Posts: 60
    WOW Great to hear that news! BG:EE 2 on 15 November. Superb!!!!
  • xenophonxenophon Member Posts: 17
    Thanks Aendaeron just saw it myself. Cant wait for it to be released my favorite game of all time
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    You guys are competing with X-Com: Enemy Within O.o Why would you make me choose? :'(
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    Little late to the party this time, but I have mine pre-ordered in good faith that it will be as amazing as the first one is (will be?)
  • shrikeshrike Member Posts: 11

Hi Friends,

When can we expect a release date for BGEE2 on iPad?
    You guys are doing a great job by the way, eagerly looking for more. Any plans on icewind dale and others coming out for mobile?

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition will be officially announced today at PAX and will be coming to Mac and PC on November 15th! The iPad and Android versions will follow soon afterwards. Because you're our loyal forum members, you get an early peek!

It has been a long road getting here, but we're very excited to show off what we've been working on.

Check out the official website for more information, the first batch of screenshots, some cool art, and a video: www.BaldursGateII.com

~Also~

DID SOMEONE SAY BG2EE WALLPAPER? WELL I SURE HOPE THEY DID BECAUSE HERE YOU GO:

1440p
    1440p, No Logo

1080p
    1080p, No Logo

720p
    720p, No Logo

Any idea on release dates for mobile version?
  • komonokomono Member Posts: 19
    So I've noticed Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition has the same problem as the first one on steam. It has no image when shown in your wishlist and it doesn't show in your profile's game list (yes I want it to be shown because I'm proud of it!) either. Is there any chances you guys are gonna do something about it?
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3065756 Please see this thread to know what exactly I'm talking about.
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    edited October 2013
    komono said:

So I've noticed Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition has the same problem as the first one on steam. It has no image when shown in your wishlist and it doesn't show in your profile's game list (yes I want it to be shown because I'm proud of it!) either. Is there any chances you guys are gonna do something about it?
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3065756 Please see this thread to know what exactly I'm talking about.

these guys have almost nothing to do with the steam version. they have no say over how steam presents its products. plus they get almost nothing from steam sales. my opinion, no offense, is that you should have bought straight from Beamdog/overhaul. supporting the people that are doing all the work to re-make and re-master this amazing game. plus you get all the updates/patches alot sooner from beamdog.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    komono said:

Asked and likely answered a few days ago.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/22479/guys-i-know-steam-version-is-not-your-area-of-responsibility-but-could-you
  • komonokomono Member Posts: 19
    Paulg said:

komono said:

these guys have almost nothing to do with the steam version. they have no say over how steam presents its products. plus they get almost nothing from steam sales. my opinion, no offense, is that you should have bought straight from Beamdog/overhaul. supporting the people that are doing all the work to re-make and re-master this amazing game. plus you get all the updates/patches alot sooner from beamdog.
    Really? Damn somehow since it didn't mention Atari but mentioned Beamdog I thought it was Beamdog that was taking care of the steam distribution on steam. I'd be ok with buying the game on Beamdog's site as well to support them but I'd still want to play it on steam, because I like the way steam works. (yes I'm talking about buying the game on both platform, though right now I'm still waiting for payday ;_;)
  • MikeMastersMikeMasters Member Posts: 141
    @komono You can add a non-steam game to your library. Buy from Beamdog!
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    Also, if you are from europe and buy from Beamdog instead of steam, you'll save up to 20% due to the currency conversion!
  • SlytherzSlytherz Member Posts: 45
    edited October 2013
    *Comment removed/altered*
    Post edited by Slytherz on
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110

Also, if you are from europe and buy from Beamdog instead of steam, you'll save up to 20% due to the currency conversion!

@AendaeronBluescale, at least this time Steam made up their mind with the pricing. BG:EE could be bought at two different prices depending on where in Europe you were. BG:EE was/is €18.99 in most European countries, but is available at a reduced €13.99 in some countries. It appears that BG2:EE is €22.99 across the board, which would be approximately $32 (30.50 if converting from GB pounds). $7 on top of the price doesn't sound like just a currency conversion (incredibly poor conversion if it was, considering the ~18 I've been getting away with so far (I would imagine there is EU VAT in there, too)), that's more than the $5 increase that a number of people complained about between BG:EE and BG2:EE.
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    edited October 2013
    Troodon80 said:

@AendaeronBluescale, at least this time Steam made up their mind with the pricing.

@Troodon80

Steam prices for BG2EE
    US: $24.99 (24.99 USD)
    UK: £18.99 (30.71 USD) (+23%)
    EU: 22,99€ (31.74 USD) (+27%)
    It's $24.95 = €18.07 on Beamdog.com, worldwide

Steam prices for BGEE
    US: $19.99 (19.99 USD)
    UK: £14.99 (24.24 USD) (+21%)
    EU Tier1 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain): 18,99€ (26.22 USD) (+31%)
    EU Tier2 (Mainly East Bloc countries): 13,99€ (19.32 USD) (-3%)
    It's $19.99 = €14.08 on Beamdog.com, worldwide

VAT toll on EU counts for Physical goods only. Not for downloads. So VAT on download games is a lie.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited October 2013

Steam prices for BG2EE
    EU: 22,99€ (31.74 USD) (+27%)

Steam prices for BGEE
    EU Tier1 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain): 18,99€ (26.22 USD) (+31%)
    EU Tier2 (Mainly East Bloc countries): 13,99€ (19.32 USD) (-3%)

Indeed, for BG2:EE, it is one price for all the European countries, and a similar price for the UK. No matter how one looks at it, it's cheaper from Beamdog. That's also aside from the benefits of getting patches before Steam.

VAT toll on EU counts for Physical goods only. Not for downloads. So VAT on download games is a lie.

That's not quite correct. Steam falls under an electronically supplied service. Even if they can avoid paying tax as a service—within Europe, Valve operates in Luxembourg; so there's intra-Community VAT if nothing else.

Regardless, the exact details of what VAT or other tax Steam/Valve charges or pays is very much off-topic.
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
  • SlytherzSlytherz Member Posts: 45
    When are we going to be able to pre-load BG:EE 2? I am so pumped I would throw an extra wad of cash to get an early release!! Haha, thanks for replies in advance!

Unlike other forums, I do not see an option to 'fast forward' to the next dev post.. Without naming any other applications I am sure everyone can figure out what I mean.. That being said, you guys should try and add that feature!!! I sometimes like to look at dev posts in certain discussions to see what their thought process is and to see what comments they decided needed a direct quote response. (Sorry for double post, also adding this feature possibility to the applicable thread, if I can find it)
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    is there any way i can pay with a (european) bank transfer? i don't have a credit card.
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    yay! thanks for the patch. i like it.
    Any word on a release date for iPad?

Also I hope work is started already on IWD and NWN, need more quality games on iPad!
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Will the game really be released at 15 november? I'm asking this cos atm the exchange rate between Dollar and Real (Brazilian coin) is a bit high.

$1 = R$ 2,25

So until this drop to > R$2,00 (R$ 1,85 preferable) i'm thinking in hold the purchase. I really would like to purchase it as an pre-order, but Dollar Value atm is absurdly high. Any chance of receiving the payment in my country coin?

By the way, if i have Baldur's Gate game purchased directly from Ovehaul site and Baldur's Gate II game purchased from steam, will this give me problems of compatibility? I prefer to purchase from you people but Steam charge in my country coin.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @kamuizin
    I'd say that the value of having bought directly from Beamdog and not waiting longer for each patch is definitely worth any additional cost ^^
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    @simples If you get a PayPal-account, you can link your bankaccount to that and pay with PayPal on the Beamdog site. Very easily done.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Yes, i just feel cheated by my country economic politics that fucked the ration between Dollar and Real.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    edited November 2013
    @kamuizin Considering how bad it is to live in Europe with a strong € compared to US dollar, which is not taken into account by most sellers (1 Euro = 1.3 $, but 24.99 $ becomes 22.99 € for the game on Steam), I'd say you're lucky that Steam doesn't ask for extra charge with the current rate you're mentioning. I agree this makes a big difference in favor of Steam in your case.
    In my case, buying from Beamdog is much better (it cost me 18,99 €, 4 € less than Steam).
This discussion has been closed.