Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition is coming to Mac & PC on November 15th

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    It should, but the exact day the pre-loading should start seems to be in flux right now. I'd say we can expect it sometime between monday and wednesday, with the last chunk of the game downloadable on Friday after about 10am Edmonton time. So those of us in Europe will probably get the game on the 16th.
  • RedWizardsRedWizards Member Posts: 29
    Any estimation as to when a Steam release will be available?

(I realize the mods have been vague... But any information or estimation?)

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    A pre-load is never early or late. It starts exactly when it means to start... :)
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @mlnevese I would argue (tongue-in-cheek-style) that a preload becomes kind of late when the game is actually released. :p Granted, that's still a few days, so I suppose there's still time.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Adul Gandalf said it was a sure excuse everyone accepted ;)
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    Any news yet on when it will be open for pre-load?
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    @mythrialus
    No not to my knowledge but I am sure we will hear something soon :)
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    yea and what time it will be available would be nice too.
  • RamzaRamza Member Posts: 112
    Pre-load is up right now.
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    edited November 2013
    Hell yeah it is!!
  • AndyMAndyM Member Posts: 21
    Well that was a nice morning suprise!! 1.6 GB of download now commencing......;>)
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    There is still no mac client right? I would like to preload but I can't.
  • ChorazyGlusChorazyGlus Member Posts: 151
    Considering that BG:EE is 2.3 GB and BG2:EE part is "only" 1.6 GB, so that makes roughly 1 GB of data left to download on 15. Nov. Which is quite a lot, so there will be probably issues again. Still, better than to download it all at once.
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223

Considering that BG:EE is 2.3 GB and BG2:EE part is "only" 1.6 GB, so that makes roughly 1 GB of data left to download on 15. Nov. Which is quite a lot, so there will be probably issues again. Still, better than to download it all at once.

I think that the website indicates the total size as 1.8GB.
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    How would I start the pre download?
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    mlnevese said:

A pre-load is never early or late. It starts exactly when it means to start... :)

Very nice! but if I may adjust the wording:

A preload is never late, nor is it early, it begins PRECISELY when it means to!
  • iassoniasson Member Posts: 101
    Now that I downloaded for me and you wont steal my speed, I will let you know that predownload is open via beamdog client.
  • SkagnetiSkagneti Member Posts: 31
    Finished my last play thru today with my Dragon Disciple, I have 6 characters stored and ready to be imported into BG2:EE...
    Now to work out who goes first?

Also my preload has hit the 1.6 gig so now I just gotta wait for Friday to click over and I'm ready to take on Irenicus!
    Its been over 10 years since I've played part 2, and I'm so glad I held off from buying the gog version while I waited for the EE to be released. (I almost gave in when BG:EE got removed from sale.)

Can't wait!!!
  • ChorazyGlusChorazyGlus Member Posts: 151
    onan said:

I think that the website indicates the total size as 1.8GB.
    O.o, I am blind as a bat then:P Still, BG2 surely feels bigger than BG1, if you catch my drift:)
  • rarcherrarcher Member Posts: 8
    Is anyone else having some problems where the beamdog launcher as you click to preload suddenly spouts a 'beam dog launcher has encountered a problem and must close' error? if I dont click close it still works and the download goes on normally but its dang annoying and i didnt have this problem previously
  • rarcherrarcher Member Posts: 8
    An update to my above statement it seems if i right click on the BG2EE title and hit resume download after closing the program i dont have the issue, could i have some support package that beamdog client uses messed up? I'm not sure which it could be as i've got all updates and any programs it had asked to download...
  • 4verse4verse Member Posts: 26
    why is BG:EE bigger (file size-wise) than BG2:EE?
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    4verse said:

why is BG:EE bigger (file size-wise) than BG2:EE?

Might be because it has more areas than BG2. BG2 never had as many explorable "off the beaten path" type areas out in the wilderness.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Nic_Mercy said:

Might be because it has more areas than BG2. BG2 never had as many explorable "off the beaten path" type areas out in the wilderness.

Part of the reason why I'm always torn about which game I like better. Deeper characterization versus better exploration. Tough choice.

Lucky for me I don't need to choose - I can play both. :)
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    BGII:EE is definitely NOT smaller than BG:EE. The pre-load is just not including all of the files at this point.
  • KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215
    Someone can tell me if the game it will be in the languages ​​of BG1 in the realease?
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Cerevant said:

BGII:EE is definitely NOT smaller than BG:EE. The pre-load is just not including all of the files at this point.

How much are we missing?
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    Now to remember how to pre-load...
  • RythgarRythgar Member Posts: 101
    Can the the preload be started sans the Beamdog client?
  • IdahoIdaho Member Posts: 608
    So guys - beamdog client si only way how to start preload? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.