Skip to content

It's HAPPENING!

Comments

• LordLeviathanLordLeviathan Member Posts: 97
    Do you guys have any ideas what the race for Hexxat?

She look human maybe even she is an aasimar(that will make nice addition with Haer'Dalis being a tiefling)

I wonder what kind of thief she can be a pure thief or one subclass(I don't think she will be a bounty hunter because of Yoshimo)

What do you guys think?
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I feel like I am missing some inside joke to understand the above exchanges... or maybe it's cos I have not had the pleasure of Jan's company in my travels so far.

She look human maybe even she is an aasimar(that will make nice addition with Haer'Dalis being a tiefling)

I wonder what kind of thief she can be a pure thief or one subclass(I don't think she will be a bounty hunter because of Yoshimo)

What do you guys think?

I think she's a pure-class thief. Mostly cos the website says:
    "A mysterious thief in service to mysterious master seeks powerful artifacts from across the globe."

If she was an assassin or something, I'm pretty sure they'd just say 'assassin'.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Anyone know the going rate for a 3-month cryosleep?
  • DemeanerDemeaner Member Posts: 8
    They kept talking and took my money.
    Finally.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited August 2013

What do you guys think?

Based on her portrait and sprite, I'm guessing human.

Sub-races are problematic for this particular game - Haer'Dalis may be a tiefling, but he doesn't actually have any special traits that set him apart. Neither does Aerie as an Avariel. In fact, the only sub-race with features that actually do count are the drow, because both Baeloth and Viconia have innate Magic Resistance. And even then, their character sheets still identify them as "Elf".
  • LordLeviathanLordLeviathan Member Posts: 97
    I suppose you are correct shawne.

Still, I hoping I might right for her to be aasimar or tiefling(that put two drow for bgee maybe they will for put two tiefling for bg2ee)

I still can hope.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    @anduin no I can see it in your picture. tis a nice smile :)
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    YAY! And I just got my paycheck. Sorry bills I have more important things to spend this money on
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I've been thinking of something for a while and have no idea how to implement it. The actual imminence of BG2EE makes it more useful/important.

I hate rolling new characters for BG2 and feeling like I'm missing out by not having tomes, golden pantaloons and all of the benefits of playing through BG1 first. I almost always play a character through both games, even though I enjoy BG2 far more.

It could be useful to have a character file dropbox or thread on the forums for characters that have been run through BGEE. This way you could have access to dozens (hundreds?) of characters who have been thought out, tomed up through BG1EE and have the all important pantaloons for starting BG2EE. I'd suggest attaching a gender, class, race, stats and proficiencies summary to any file for ease of use. Including any custom portait for them would be a nice touch too.

Creating a character can be very personal experience, but sharing is also good. It also means other people can appreciate all the hours you spent babysitting that @$#~ing dual-class pet project until they regained their first class.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited August 2013
    this is pretty awsome

though im a little sad the new char isnt a halfling or dwarf

also is there a full verion of that picture?
    its pretty cool
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Corvino said:

I hate rolling new characters for BG2 and feeling like I'm missing out by not having tomes, golden pantaloons and all of the benefits of playing through BG1 first. I almost always play a character through both games, even though I enjoy BG2 far more.

This is only an issue if you are a power-gamer, and the game is certainly not so hard that you need the Tome bonuses for your character to comfortably beat the game. If you really demand 19/19/19 instead of 18/18/18, why not just use EE Keeper and edit in whatever you want?
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    also theres a new portrait for the pc in the screen shots
  • ogrebogreb Member Posts: 98
    edited August 2013
    November huh ?
    I can wait that long.

I tried playing BG 2 after BG EE, but it just wasn't going to happen.
    I got to Umar Hills and my eyes finally exploded from the pixel bombardment.
    Cast the spell " You will be half blind or crossed eyed before the end of the game". No save.

See you guys in November.
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    I kind of told myself that BG:EE's cinematics were set up to be more like BG2's 2D, storybook-esque cinematics. Now I see that BG2:EE's cinematics will be changed to be 3D.

There is no logic in this place.
  • AutequiAutequi Member Posts: 403
    There is only sweet sweet RPG goodness.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Winter is coming... and I'm going to enjoy it!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2013

Anyone know the going rate for a 3-month cryosleep?

I'd be careful of those. You could end up like Fry in Futurama. Wake up 1000 years into the future :D
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Kaeloree said:

But then he can play Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition: Revamped: Reloaded: 7!

I'm just assuming it would play as a holodeck program :)
  • ForseForse Member Posts: 106
    A question. Does anyone know if BG2EE will use the same character sprites and inventory paperdolls as BGEE?
  • AnaximanderAnaximander Member Posts: 191
    I JUST SO PRE-ORDERDED THIS FOR ME AND A CLOSE FRIEND!! *TEARS OF JOY!!!!?
  • AnaximanderAnaximander Member Posts: 191
    *Meanwhile somewhere in Edmonton ..> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5USD-Smthk&list=FLLh8U7RdkZZYUVio574sU2A ... celebrations ensue
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Y'know what would be interesting? If the Thief was actual neutral or good aligned, but you could turn her to evil if you are an evil PC. Would make an interesting twist on the 'redeeming the bad party member' shtick that a few party members have in BG2.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    RedGuard said:

Y'know what would be interesting? If the Thief was actual neutral or good aligned, but you could turn her to evil if you are an evil PC. Would make an interesting twist on the 'redeeming the bad party member' shtick that a few party members have in BG2.

Agreed. Or at least jade her enough that she turns Neutral.