Skip to content

Chronic Restarting Detox Camp

12346»

Comments

• LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    I, too, have never completed the saga. I've beaten BG1 about 5 times (old school with my conjurer who should have been a wild mage, my dwarven fighter who should have been a berserker or barbarian (solo with the +3 cursed sword of berserking), more recent years with a swashbuckler, a jester, and a berserker 7/thief 8 that I imported from The Black Pits to see how quickly I could finish the game (both in RL time and in game days time) as a solo character (I did it in one sitting, about 6-8 hours maybe).

I've started BG2 a few times, the deepest I ever got was just after you get back from the Underdark.

Now I've started playing SoD, and I think I may have found my restartitis "cure" (not to say I won't start new games, but that I keep coming back to this one). I am clearly attached to Veraka Cursebringer my jester, since I'm writing an entire epic about her, and I find that her game is the one I want to play more than any other. Maybe it's her silly, fatalistic, unwise, vindictive personality for roleplay aspects, maybe it's her weapon choices, maybe it's the access to some wizard spells, maybe it's the party full of funny-dialogue characters, but something has me hooked. I can tell you that so far this is the ONLY game of Siege of Dragonspear I've started, and with all the cool new characters and items available (not to mention a fresh plot, etc.), that's saying something.

I hope Veraka doesn't end up being my Anselm @Gotural , because it would be sad for me to leave this game behind that has brought me back for so many years. On the other hand, it would also be sad if I never saw the SoD/SoA/ToB story arc for myself, so I'll just have to hope that not being able to see everything in one go will bring me back for more.
    SkatanZaghoulAerakarlolien