Skip to content

Chronic Restarting Detox Camp

Comments

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Do I count if I finish the game with most of my characters? I mean, I've beaten BGEE five times since it came out, I'm working on the sixth, and I've got a seventh floating around in my head just waiting for the current run to be done. Is that the same thing as what you guy've got, or something else?
    Dragonspearlolientbone1
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    no @Jarrakul ...you are good. You are the sanest person in this thread.
    sunset00lolienKramerTheWeirdtbone1
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Glad to have you as another satisfied customer! And remember, if the serum doesn't work on your first charname, you have TWO MORE FULL SIZE (for the price of only one!) potions to try on your next charname!
    Anduinlolientbone1
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    @KidCarnival: Can Wizard Slayers use it?
    lolientbone1
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    I preordered BGEE, and as far as I've gotten is clearing the Nashkel mines.
    JuliusBorisovlolientbone1
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    @Corvino: What @Southpaw said. I just sell this stuff, I'm not making it. No idea if it works, that's why I sell 3 for the price of 2. Just in case you have to reroll to use it. I'm this thoughtful. Not every travelling potion salesman can say that.
    SouthpawAnduinlolientbone1
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I don't really have this problem with BG anymore. I do however have a serious case of chronic restartitis with Arcanum of Steamworks and Magick Obscura.
    magpie
    elminster said:

I don't really have this problem with BG anymore. I do however have a serious case of chronic restartitis with Arcanum of Steamworks and Magick Obscura.

So, you think yer better now than us, eh...matey?
    elminsterKidCarnivallolienNonnahswriter
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Hi, my name is Lateralus. I've been rebooting hardcore since bgee came out on mac.
    lolientbone1
  • csuzwcsuzw Member Posts: 48
    I pre-ordered BG:EE and have hardly made it past character creation. I spend too much time thinking about what NPCs I'm going to take with me and then how I'm going to continue in BG2. I want to play a good/neutral character because it fits the story better and isn't a complete pain to play like evil but all the best NPCs are evil and the majority of good/neutral NPCs annoy me (possibly because I've played with them so often). Also the new NPCs classes annoy me. Monks aren't great in BG1 and seem to me to be a luxury class that is best covered by PC if anyone. Wild Mages will just randomly kill you at some point. Dorn is, as with all evil NPCs, excellent but if you're going evil then Blackguard seems like a good choice for PC class and having 2, especially with Kagain/Korgan around too means you're going to be melee heavy and struggling to share around the gear.
    lolientbone1
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    I usually make it past character creation, and start doing the quests around Beregost and FAI to level up a bit before going down into the mines. Then I decide I'd rather play an evil character so that I can have Dorn, or decide that a Fighter/Mage PC would be a better character than a Cleric/Illusionist to bring into BG2:EE.. Then I just get bored because of how many times I've played through BG1 and drop the game for a day or two.. before another interesting character idea hits me. :P From the looks of it, I'll just have to use my Cavalier in BG2EE (only character I've actually managed to finish BGEE with).
    JuliusBorisovPestilentlolientbone1
    @Kneller - runner-up for "best written chronic restarter confession".
    As your prize, you will be entitled to BG2EE. Be wary, it's a double-edged sword!
    JuliusBorisovlolientbone1