Skip to content

Chronic Restarting Detox Camp

Comments

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    And here we go again.. Do I continue with my Sorcerer... make an assassin... or go with a Fighter/Cleric? :P
    lolienCrevsDaak
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i've actually been pretty good lately when it comes to restarts, just finished a single player game with a human beserker and now im going to play my fully controlled multiplayer team
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    @LordRumfish - Rasaad gets better after you reach BG. I have never used Skie as well, so I took her with me during my last Bounty Hunter almost-solo game (just because of items identification-botEldoth) Got tired of her banters after a unsurprisingly short while and it's only a matter of time, until my Thief slits her throat.

Worst of all is - I have nagging to re-visit some of my favourite classes and "Finish the first game with a Swashbuckler solo AGAIN"...
    rufus_hobartlolienjackjackLordRumfish
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    @Southpaw Well, Garrick and Rasaad have started pulling their weight now that I've hit level 4: Garrick picked up Longbow proficiency (and I gave him Deadshot +2), Rasaad is now proficient with the sling and can actually hit things. Even better though, I managed to reach Eldoth and he was only level 3! I'm going to be able to give him two-handed sword proficiency next level for Spider's Bane +2, and I went and grabbed the Dex bracers from the Gnoll Stronghold, so his AC is sitting at a comfy 0 and he can actually shoot something with one of his poisoned arrows.

All in all, life is pretty good for the team thus far. I think we'll actually be capable of taking down Davaeorn, and then I can tackle the Sword Coast in style with my team of losers. ^_^

Also, I totally get what you mean about swashbucklers. I'm so tempted to do a half-orc swashbuckler run...
    rufus_hobartlolienCrevsDaakjackjack
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    I must admit that I've recently been stuck on a fit of restarting XCOM games, but I'm sure I'll be back to IWD:EE and BG:EE at some point for yet more restarting.
    BlackravenlolienBelgarathMTHCrevsDaak
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,456
    edited November 2014
    I had most recently been trying to decide between a blackguard, pale master (sorcerer kit mod), wizard necromancer, or Cleric Necromancer. Finally decided on a True Neutral Cleric of Helm and are roleplaying a Master of Life and Death. Both healing and harming. I installed the NPC BG1 mod for the first time. The only thing keeping me from restarting is I recruited Alora early due to the mod and are absolutely in love with her character.

But wait. What if I rolled a gnome cleric/theif and got in hijinks with Alora. . .?

Oh no.

Edit: I should mention atm my current char is an elf with the grey skin and white hair and am RP-ing as a Drow. Wearing armor with a helmet 99% of the time to conceal my race RP-wise as well.
    lolientbone1
    Anyone else still have this problem after all this time? :P
    wubbletbone1
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Elendar I certainly do.
    wubbleElendarJuliusBorisov
    I still do... :(
    ElendarJuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    Elendar said:

Anyone else still have this problem after all this time? :P

You know, it's not a flu. It doesn't go away and becomes a part of you DNA.
    SkatanElendar
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    ^- This. I've still just managed to finalize ONE playthrough in preparation of SoD, and that took almost unbearable amounts of selfrestraint and disciplin. The problem is I know don't feel like playing that CHARNAME in SoD so I think I would have to create something else and try to run through BG1 again.

I've been searching for the perfect representation of "me" in the game forever, always trying to find the perfect balance between fighting prowess, thievery and some skill in the arcane arts. But every char I create always comes short in one of the areas (and I really don't want to play a triple class, for some reason), so I keep on creating new ones.
    JuliusBorisovBelgarathMTHElendar
    I have the feeling, I've been playing BGEE much more than BG2EE just because I always have this good idea for a character build and theme + different companions, but I absolutely have to start with BGEE, run through that and then import into BG2EE. ... now with SoD coming, BG2EE will have to be postponed due to all my old chars having to run through SoD first.

Just as a curiosity, what is the "finished/unfinished" ratio of yours? (Only games started in BGEE/BG2EE count, not the ones 15 years ago in vanilla. Also, only games that you actually intend to finish at one time or are at least around 70% of the game)

I've got 3 Thieves finished (Swashbuckler, Assassin, Bounty Hunter), 2 still running in last chapters (another Assassin and a Fighter->Thief dualclass)
    I've got 2 Monks finished (kitless monk + DMM), 1 still running (half-orc DMM)
    I've got 0 Fighters finished and 2 still running (Stalker & Blackguard)
    I've got 0 caster classes finished and 2 still running (Cleric->Mage, Fighter->Cleric)

...takes me to 5 finished / 7 running, 5:7 ratio.
    Actually not as bad as I thought. But that's probably because I have shunned some of the runs that I started, but don't see myself ever finishing (Like the Blade run, the inept Conjurer, Dragon Disciple...)
    JuliusBorisov
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited March 2016
    This is kinda embarrasing, but I've only got two :-/ (a fighter->Mage (xbow) and a keepered dwarf UD paladin) that made it all the way through. I have an assassin/mage who has finished BG1 and was waiting for SoD, but now I'm looking into another CHARNAME for my first playthrough of SoD.

I've got currently ongoing:

Ipad: 1 Blade, 1 F/C dwarf, 1 F/D HE, all in chapters 2-3.
    PC: A couple of monks, alot of different keepered MC's with kits, such as kensai/druid, fighter/shapeshifter, dwarven defender/cleric and even a barbarian/cleric etc etc. I have a blackguard as well, and a couple of different mage/thief(kit) combos; swashie/mage, BH/mage, also differently modded bards to try and create the ultimate singleclass FMT without actual modding skilsl (just eekeeper).

I would rate my ratio to about 2.5/30 (if finishing BG1 counts as a 0.5). It would be more if I had more time to play. but it's very rarely more than a few hours per week. I spend much more time in this forum (at work *cough*) than I do playing the games.

JuliusBorisovBelgarathMTHSouthpawtbone1
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    Guys, I need help too. I just started a Kensai/Mage, dual classed him in BG2EE...and now I want to play a Stalker for a better role playing. I am even thinking of starting him in BGEE.

Help!!!!!!!!
    BelgarathMTHSouthpawJuliusBorisovtbone1
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,456
    ^^^^
    My issue mostly XD
    Finally settled on my Necro-Bard as my favorite character but thinking of restarting in SoD anyway just to see all the improvements, plus I want to play on my PC and my Necro-Bard is on my iPhone.

Unsure If I want to romance Aerie, Neera, or play a female char and romance Anomen.

Question, do I need a dedicated fighter character or can my Blade Bard, Viconia, and Rasaad cover the front line?
    mlneveseJuliusBorisov
    And I've still never completed a run through of BG2::EE :P Or IWD:EE... or SoD...... In Dorn's Deep now in IWD:EE and wanting to change my party composition.
    mlneveseZaghoulSkatanlolien