Skip to content

What sex do you play in BG?

123457»

Comments

• KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Reaper004 said:

I'm straight male, therefore I play a male. Never understood the point in a straight dude playing a chick, or a straight chick playing a dude [unless its an MMO then I don't blame chicks for trying to hide they're female, I played WoW for 5 years and oh lawdy there's some lonely people out there...], just never made sense to me.

Well, the other gender character in MMOs for some is more that if they're gonna stare at a game for extended durations, might as well look at something nice while doing it.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026

Southpaw said:

Honestly I think I play both EXACTLY equally. I usually just switch off after one character to the next.!

But...but you are a hamster! Do you realize you are a hamster?
    But there are male and female hamsters! We aren't discussing what race people play!
    Is @booinyoureyes a man, dreaming about to be a hamster, or is he a hamster, dreaming about being a man?
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Southpaw said:

Southpaw said:

Honestly I think I play both EXACTLY equally. I usually just switch off after one character to the next.!

But...but you are a hamster! Do you realize you are a hamster?
    But there are male and female hamsters! We aren't discussing what race people play!
    Is @booinyoureyes a man, dreaming about to be a hamster, or is he a hamster, dreaming about being a man?
    Maybe he is a male hamster dreaming to be a female rakshasa?
  • HerrderGezeitenHerrderGezeiten Member Posts: 139

Usually female. But if the female sprite is too busty or the armour is too revealing/ridiculous/ludicrous, I'll choose male.

Usually male. But if the female sprite is too busty or the armour is too revealing/ridiculous/ludicrous, I'll choose female.

--
    No,.. first male Main Char and later female/male differs.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

too busty or the armour is too revealing/ridiculous/ludicrous

Too busty? Too revealing?

Does not compute.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Probably in games in general, not BG.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Baldur's Gate is actually pretty good about clothing their women. Heck, even the female mages, and they're usually the worst offenders!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    It depends on the rp concept i'm trying to do, with currently 6 playthrough of BGEE (haven't started BG2EE yet) i'm at 50/50. I had to add my old characters from BG2 back in the days to put the score at 4 females,m 5 males. So i'm mostly playing males it seems.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    ...I agree with several other players that said they use a 50/50% male/female ratio in a full-created group. I do the same in all games like this. (Might&Magic games, IceWind Dale, Black Pits, Wizardry 8...)
  • RogolRogol Member Posts: 19
    edited December 2013
    Eh, both, but I tend towards female protagonists, because good ones are so underrepresented in RPGs.

BG1: Male
    BG2: Female*
    Dragon Age 1: Female(play1), Male(play2)
    Dragon Age 2: Female
    Mass Effect Trilogy: Female
    Planescape Torment: Male
    KotoR1: Female
    KotoR2: Male
    Jade Empire: Male (I think? Been a while)

*I marked 'male' as my choice because I've actually attempted BG1 three times, twice with male characters.
  • TheGraveDiggerTheGraveDigger Member Posts: 336
    Rogol said:

Can the Nameless One get his nuts chopped of at some point?
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    Lets seee.......
    BG1(guesses)
    Play 1 through 20 -> M(20) F(0)
    Play 21 through 36 -> M(20) F(16)
    Play 37 through 48 -> M(24) F(24)
    Play 38 to present -> I pray to the DM!
  • RogolRogol Member Posts: 19

Rogol said:

Oh, right. Guess you don't get gender options in PS:T.

@Rogol Nope. Though a hidden sex change quest wouldn't have suprised me at all... PS:T gets pretty damn weird in places.
  • ghostowlghostowl Member Posts: 171
    well this confirms my suspicions. female gamers are wayyyy less likely to play males than males playing as females.

huge props to the 2 females who do play male characters tho!
    ghostowl said:

well this confirms my suspicions. female gamers are wayyyy less likely to play males than males playing as females.

It's a strange truth...
    My guild on WoW is infested with female gamers, but none of them have a male character. It's like some unwritten rule... But all the male players in the guild have a few female chars... and all my characters are freaking female gnomes. It's damn weird when you think about it.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Rogol said:

He regenerates :P
    He lost an arm once.
    You can take off a finger.
    Twice.
    And your intestines.
    Twice.
    And some skin.
    And your eye.
    Twice.
    And your hand.
    And you can have a crazy wizard burn your intestines.
    And the Pillar of Skulls bites you.
    Once, twice, thrice or even more.
    And a woman can strike you in your heart.
    And a statue can scream an auto kill spell to you.
  • AnterosAnteros Member Posts: 37
    Reaper004 said:

I'm straight male, therefore I play a male. Never understood the point in a straight dude playing a chick, or a straight chick playing a dude [unless its an MMO then I don't blame chicks for trying to hide they're female, I played WoW for 5 years and oh lawdy there's some lonely people out there...], just never made sense to me.

Edit - Plus, being a Cavalier Bhaalspawn goin' around hitting things with Carsomyr while donning heavy plate was always ridiculously satisfying... I mean, a Paladin Bhaalspawn... Beautiful paradox.

You know, it's a lot like wondering why people play Elves or mages. I am none of those things, but I like playing them. In fact,the more the character is different from me, the more I like to RP.
    if the male love interests didn't suck, I'd play female characters a lot more often.
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    I pretty much alternate but I think it's been slightly more often female than male.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.