Skip to content

imagine being a Tasloi

seriously how bad would that be? being a tasloi that is. what do they even do all day? just walk around with those crappy little spears that they do not even know how to use (-5 to attack rolls, *facepalm*).

'guys, look, i just smashed two wyverns in the previous area, and you are going to have a go with those little spears? i mean look at yourselves. you look a mess. no hair. you are so skinny, do you even lift?'

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited September 2013
    I used to say the same about Xvarts back in the days, then on my way back to beregost my injured level 7 mage CHARNAME got critically hit by a Xvart for the remaining 12 health points and with that brought my no-reload game to an end.

Kobolds, Gibberlings, Xvarts, Tasloi. They only need that one lucky critical hit and you'll be suprised that one of your characters just died.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Well, look at the bright side. Being a tasloi means you have pretty, golden cat eyes.

http://www.lomion.de/cmm/tasloi.php
  • XerxesVXerxesV Member Posts: 187
    Kobolds, on the other hand, are lordly wizard-slaying-snipers. Two Kobolds can kill a level 5 Mage easy. I can't tell you how many reloads I've had to do to save Xzar or Edwin from those Masters of Disaster.

But I don't think I've ever lost a single hit point to a Tasloi.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited September 2013
    XerxesV said:

Kobolds, on the other hand, are lordly wizard-slaying-snipers. Two Kobolds can kill a level 5 Mage easy. I can't tell you how many reloads I've had to do to save Xzar or Edwin from those Masters of Disaster.

But I don't think I've ever lost a single hit point to a Tasloi.

Xan, you forgot to mention Xan. Every single time i have had him in my party with his horrible low constitution score.... Everytime i have gotten ambushed by a Kobold or Bandit they always go for him. If i walk into the Firewine dungeon he'll die atleast 5 times if i even bother ressurecting him, what is that? a stray arrow? Xan is down!

Moonblade will save him... yea right.
    edited September 2013
    @mathias I'm surprised when they bother to attack me. They must have terrible INT and WIS scores. Damn they suck.

They're like Ewoks except not cute or even remotely capable.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    XerxesV said:

@mathias I'm surprised when they bother to attack me. They must have terrible INT and WIS scores. Damn they suck.

So they're just like Ewoks then?
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Kind of funny: I was just thinking this weekend how terrible they are. I encountered some and thought pretty much the same lol
  • BattlehamsterBattlehamster Member Posts: 298

Well, look at the bright side. Being a tasloi means you have pretty, golden cat eyes.

http://www.lomion.de/cmm/tasloi.php

Huh, never knew Dr. Seuss had some creatures put into D&D.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Imagine being a Tasloi...

The clue is in the name. Re-arrange the letters so and Tasloi = Toilas

A historic french word for toilet... http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/toilas

Says it all really...
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Have you SEEN a historic french toilet?

They are the WORST kind ever... Although squatting is better for the ease of passage apparently...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Anduin said:

Says it all really...

It also could spell isolat (isolate in french).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 288
    edited October 2013
    XerxesV said:

But Ewoks are apparently the mightiest warriors in the galaxy
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    Well if I were a tasloi, I'd have a fancy cloak and a very embarrassed dwarf fuming in Beregost. XD
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    Tasloi > Gibberlings > Kobolds > Xvarts

God I hate Smurfs. I mean Xvarts.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Mathias said:

imagine being a Tasloi

Ask Darryl how it feels like to be a tasloi! This tasloi loves you :D
  • MathiasMathias Member Posts: 21
    Anduin said:

Although squatting is better for the ease of passage apparently...

yes my yoga teacher once told me this, so it must be true.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    @Anduin - have you seen a modern French toilet? From what I remember from childhood camping holidays about 20 years ago there are still a fair few hole-in-the-ground designs around.

I'm sure they are more natural in terms of posture, and no offense intended to our Gallic friends. A porcelain throne has a certain comfortable appeal though, n'est-ce pas?
  • fighter_mage_thieffighter_mage_thief Member Posts: 262
    Tasloi are such a joke until one gets a lucky crit and kills your mage.
    @fighter_mage_thief if my Mage was pathetic enough to be killed by a Tasloi I'd leave him dead. No re-load, no resurrection.

No, I might bring him back, shadowkeep a flesh-to-stone scroll in my inventory, march that pansy to Baldur's Gate, turn him into a statue, sell him as an oddity in the Hall of Wonders, and put up a sign saying "Here lies a total wuss. Killed by a Tasloi."
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I remember when MM2 came out and they introduced the Nilbog. That was a fun creature. it looked like a pathetic little goblin but, in it's presence, you did exactly the opposite of whatever action you were going to take.

Adventurer: 'I go and kill all of the goblins and steal their treasure'
    DM: 'Ok, you go up to them and praise them and heal them up and then you give them all of your gold and magic items. You wish them a nice day and wander out into the dungeon naked and penniless'.

• rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Erm... If the poo landed on the porcelain, wouldn't you have to clean the toilet every day?
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    It's actually much smaller problem than it seems, everything is almost always washed away when you flush.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    elminster said:

Anduin said:

Says it all really...

It also could spell isolat (isolate in french).
    Tasloi is also an anagram of ostial, which (as every schoolboy knows) means 'of or relating to an ostium', which (as every schoolboy also knows) is a mouthlike opening or orifice in a bodily part.

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I don't think taslois are unproficient with their spears, they should not get -5 to hit like stated in the first post. If the defender has some heavy armor and Elves bane girdle, modifiers to piercing weapons will net them a -5 to hit, however.

Plus spears are not very efficient weapons. A quarterstaff does the same damage with better speed, and a better damage type. (crushing is more effective against most enemies and armors) Spears should be able to do more damage when set to receive a charging creature or attacking giant sized enemies, sadly none of these things that make spears cool is implemented.
  • fighter_mage_thieffighter_mage_thief Member Posts: 262
    XerxesV said:

@fighter_mage_thief if my Mage was pathetic enough to be killed by a Tasloi I'd leave him dead. No re-load, no resurrection.

No, I might bring him back, shadowkeep a flesh-to-stone scroll in my inventory, march that pansy to Baldur's Gate, turn him into a statue, sell him as an oddity in the Hall of Wonders, and put up a sign saying "Here lies a total wuss. Killed by a Tasloi."

That is such a mean thing to do to Edwin! ^^