Skip to content

Bug Reporting Process

Comments

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @Miloch - That's one way of looking at it. Another is two outcasts that find solace in that. Regardless, my point is that the game was supposed to allow it, but the coding does not. I didn't know if BG:EE was fixing that coding or not.
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    @reedmilfam - well I guess you'er talking about BG2 then, since even the BG1 NPC Project doesn't have a Viconia romance that I recall. And there were half-orcs in BG2, so if she can already romance half-orcs (can't recall offhand - I probably should know :P) then I don't know what you're asking, since someone would have to invent a BG1 romance for her for there to be any race requirements there, and those would be written into the (mod-added in this case) dialogue variables, not hardcoded in the engine or something like that.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @Miloch - she was supposed to find half-orcs romanceable in BG2, but there's a coding problem with it. Essentially, a bugfix restores this - my question is if :EE will have that bugfix. While it doesn't matter until BG2, the character in BG1 moves into BG2. This makes the choice of character germane, should I want to go down that path.
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    Is the strange cut in the music of the new FAI video a bug?
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    @ankheg Not sure to be honest but I have reported it.
  • RinpooRinpoo Member Posts: 19
    I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but for some reason my graphic options menu only has 1 option, and that is to switch from full screen to window; there are no other selectable options in the graphic options menu.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    @Rinpoo Not a bug they just haven't added anything else there.
  • HallondrickaHallondricka Member Posts: 10
    Pressing Shift-button when namning a pin on the map the game crashes.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Encountered a strange, yet amusing dialogue bug with Dorn. The screenshot below should suffice to explain the situation.
    http://im.bilderkiste.org/8135422197736/Untitled-1.jpg

Morale of the story:
    You can never trust the mad to get valid replies or links. :P
  • ducerinoducerino Member Posts: 8
    When in fullscreen the cursor sometimes disappears when clicking various items in the inventory.
  • Aris4lifeAris4life Member Posts: 103
    I have a problem while using the journal or watching the details of items: I can't scroll with my mouse nor with the button in the right. So i have to click my way up or down...kinda exhausting.

Another bug i encountered during the character creation was the one where i selected my colors...as i wanted to change my hair color it overlayed over the button itself and started to blink whenever i tried to change another color.
  • SluaghSluagh Member Posts: 22
    @Kamigoroshi I have the same problem with Dorn no matter what option you chose the convo will break one way or the other. I don't fancy re-rolling at this stage just to see if it will fix it :/
  • RinpooRinpoo Member Posts: 19
    Balquo said:

@Rinpoo Not a bug they just haven't added anything else there.

Are they planning to at some point? That being the only option you can tweak graphically kinda blows.

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Another bug I found:
    Barbarians apparently aren't able to master the Two-Weapon Style. However, their Kit description explicitly states that they should be able to allocate three slots into it.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Bug in the BG:EE, in some long fights the screen just get some fast freezes, as if everything stop for an 0.5 seconds space of time and then goes back to normal, the problem is that this fast freezes are constantly, i can save a video if anyone cares to solve this.
  • SubzoeySubzoey Member Posts: 19
    From full screen mode, I press control+escape (or alt tab) to go to desktop. When I return to game my keyboard shortcuts no longer work and selecting\deselecting my characters from the side bar gets kinda backwards. That parts kinda hard to explain. Not really a big deal, but just something I noticed.
    I also have the journal wheel scrolling problem and some of the text in the journal is cut off at the top.
    edited November 2012
    The manual and in game text state that my elf ranger with the archer kit should not be able to "exceed specialization (two slots)" in melee weapons. Won't let me go past proficient in long sword. Am I missing something?

This may just be problem with text because makes sense for archer to not go past proficient in melee.
  • stubbiestubbie Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2012
    There is another thread about this but I am assuming this is the best place to report bugs??
    Original thread:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7472/crash-on-map-icon-right-click

Bug:
    Trying to place a personal marker on the map and typing something causes the game to crash.

EDIT:FIXED!!
    I have found a workaround for this. Go to the link I posted above :)
    Post edited by stubbie on
    edited November 2012
    After refusing Neera's request to join my party she said meet up at the Friendly Arm if mind changes. I felt bad so I went directly there (Friendly Arm Inn) and couldn't initiate dialogue with her. Something along the lines of "Neera has nothing to say to you"
    edited November 2012
    The game is pretty stable on my machine. I'm using bootcamp win 7 x64 on mac book pro.
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    @Kamigoroshi
    Barbarians can put 3 points into 2-weapon style, but at level 1, you are not supposed to put more than 2 points into anything.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643

@Kamigoroshi
    Barbarians can put 3 points into 2-weapon style, but at level 1, you are not supposed to put more than 2 points into anything.

Time to play a Barbarian. Haw. Not really.
    Not sure if its a bug, maybe a mistake, but when you do the training with Obe, the Wand of Heaven found in Osprey's inventory is not identified. When you click it tho, it identifies itself. Probably not worth fixing, but figured I'd let you know. Maybe its a way so a newbie can see how you can identify an item with lore.

• M6k3M6k3 Member Posts: 180
    Dialog between dorn and Kryll is buged, the dialog just dont enter and screen just stopt i try to load the game and restat and this dont do ntoing, finally i try to go witch allone Dorn to talk witch Kryll and its finnally work
  • VissiousVissious Member Posts: 53
    Apologies if this is not the "official" bug reporting thread, but here goes.

Expected behaviour: re-loading from a quick save after Charname is killed in combat should re-load the creature that killed you at the same (or near to) spot that you found it previously.

Encountered behaviour: re-loading from a quick-save after charname is killed in combat can cause monsters to disappear permanently.
    edited December 2012
    CURRENT BEHAVIOR: Hobgoblins in Obe's training session (Candlekeep Prologue) drop armor and helms. They're the only illusionary monsters that drop items. These items can be kept when leaving the training session if picked up (they do not vanish).

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: No loot should be dropped by any of the Tutorial Illusionary monsters.
    Post edited by HaHaCharade on
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    Does anyone know which key is "select all" on a hungarian keyboard? According to the game it'is =...
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    BUG:
    I've been through Neera's quest, cleaned the Goblin's cave, killed the red wizards of Thay, etc.
    When I came back to Beregost I met him again o.O
    He was neutral, just standing there and spamming spells.
    Wild magic can be really weird... lol

• GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    edited November 2012
    This is just an idea but the mods might want to consider setting up various threads specifying the bug(s) so people can go there and report them rather than the spamming(i don't use that word to acccuse or insult anyone btw) the general BGEE bug thread. I'm talking manually setting them up and categorized as map issues, npc issues etc etc. That way the dev team can focus on specific areas based on prioritie,s depending on just how many people are posting to it.

Right now i've been looking over the bugs to see if i've run into the same things playing my game or if anyone has encountered mine and i've had no responses yet and it's been pushed to page 2 or 3 now hehe. There are also a lot of repetitive versions of the same bug. I was thinking that right now it's a mess and i don't envy the mods or the overhaul team sorting through it all. Another idea would be for people to specify what system they're playing on as i've seen people report bugs that many others haven't run into. That could be issues with their own devices and perhaps a simple tweak could fix their problem.

Just a thought and i hope it makes sense as i'm only on coffee #1 atm so not 100% awake yet.