Skip to content

Bug Reporting Process

Comments

• HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    edited December 2012
    Another Journal Bug (at least possibly - unless this is intentional)

CURRENT BEHAVIOR: Non-Quest Journal Entries are not being grouped chronologically. Its odd to see a journal where one entry is from one date, the next is an earlier date, the next is a later date, etc. While I think it makes sense to group Quest entries, Non-Quest entries it doesn't seem realistic (see screenshot below for an example).

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: Non-Quest Journal Entries should be listed in the order that they were put in the journal (chronologically, most recent at top, earliest at bottom).
  • ego1steego1ste Member Posts: 88
    I noticed that when i go to Journal Tab in my Journal i can't scroll text there and there's no scroll bar either.

Expected Behavior: I can scroll through journal to read all the entries.

Besides that lot of quests don't move to done after completing them
    - A hidden base in the cloakwood
    - Tazok and the bandits - it says i need to find hidden base which i did
    - Troubles in the region - also should dissapear i think
    - Xvart Raids - i think i finished it since i cleared every map besides Durlag's Tower, Baldur's Gate and Ulgoth's Beard
    - A hidden base? - i'm not sure maybe it will dissapear later when i fight Sarevok
    - Investigating the Nashkel mines - also remained in my log
    - Prism the Sculptor
    - Durlag's Tower - Killed Demon , saved Dalton but it's still there
    - Rasaad - finished his quest but it's still in journal
  • VicardVicard Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2012
    Current behaviour: Dorn starts dialogue with me that goes something like this:
    Dorn: What do you want? I take no pleasure in idle chatter.
    Me: I would like to know more about what happened in Barrow.
    Dorn: Hrmm. Perhaps it is time I reveal more of the story.
    Me: I would appreciate it.
    Dorn: Shipwreck

After this the dialogue presumably goes on as expected. This is the first time I've seen Dorne talk about Barrow and I feel like I've missed some important dialogue.

Expected behaviour: Npc dialogue and story should unfold in the right order and not in random snippets.
    Post edited by Vicard on
  • ReoyeahReoyeah Member Posts: 10
    Multiplayer bugs:

Current behaviour: If the multiplayer party has more than two players, only host can see other players following him. From the perspective of other players, everybody except the host is not moving.

Expected behaviour: Everyone should see eachother moving.

Second multiplayer bug:

Current behaviour: When the host finishes the dialogue with some NPC, sometimes other players still have the dialogue interface and don't have any options to close it.

Expected behaviour: If some player has a conversation with NPC and finishes it, the dialogue screen should disappear for other players too.
  • DrakeloreDrakelore Member Posts: 36
    The "Gold Digger" +1 does not have the proper Item description
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259
    After finishing a battle, in a couple of different areas, the black fog will completely disappear from the area. Some people may like this, but I don't because then I can't tell where I've been and I'm wandering around aimlessly.
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    On the buy and sell screen only the left slider can be scrolled with mouse wheel. Shouldn't it be the one I used the last time? I mean activated.
    I'm noticing that the amount of gold I have can vary. For awhile, I was saving up and had over 4000, then I noticed that I only had around 1500, then just a few minutes ago I only had around 550. Is anyone else having this problem. I haven't been buying anything except a cheap night at the inns...
    Kristie83 said:

I'm noticing that the amount of gold I have can vary. For awhile, I was saving up and had over 4000, then I noticed that I only had around 1500, then just a few minutes ago I only had around 550. Is anyone else having this problem. I haven't been buying anything except a cheap night at the inns...

I believe the same happened to me but I am not sure. However it was a gain for me if I am correct.
    ankheg said:

Kristie83 said:

I believe the same happened to me but I am not sure. However it was a gain for me if I am correct.
    Now it says I have over 6000 which is probably about what I should have at this point.
    Kristie83 said:

ankheg said:

Kristie83 said:

Now it says I have over 6000 which is probably about what I should have at this point.
    Than it probably wasn't a result of a mixed up wild surge.
    ankheg said:

Kristie83 said:

ankheg said:

Kristie83 said:

Can a wild surge change how much money you have? I have Neera.
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    @Kristie83 There is a wild surge that destroys your gold, so, yes.
  • MerengueMerengue Member Posts: 13
    Current Behavior: Resting in the region immediately south of Candlekeep, I'm getting attacked by a lone Ghast. The message preceding the attack every time is, "The lonely cry of the wolf wakens you suddenly. Before you can properly get your bearings, a wolf pack is upon you."

Expected Behavior: A description of a Ghast attack of some kind, or wolf enemies actually attacking instead. Either or.
    edited December 2012
    Kristie83 said:

ankheg said:

Kristie83 said:

ankheg said:

Kristie83 said:

Wild surge 17: 20% of pary gold destroyed. Since the texts are mixed up sometimes and it is possible to have more than one rolls, it can happen without any indication. I haven't tested but with more rolls the combination of 95 and 31(maybe 90 or 48) can cause it as well.
    Post edited by ankheg on
  • OphlyumOphlyum Member Posts: 255
    Current behavior: Imoen fight with the bow not from the distance. She came near the foe. If I put her away, she came again near the foe. For now, only Imoen have a bow. I hope, I post in the right thread.
    ankheg said:

Kristie83 said:

ankheg said:

Kristie83 said:

ankheg said:

Kristie83 said:

Wild surge 17: 20% of pary gold destroyed. Since the texts are mixed up sometimes and it is possible to have more than one rolls, it can happen without any indication. I haven't tested but with more rolls the combination of 95 and 31(maybe 40 or 48) can cause it as well.
    I didn't know this. I don't think that's what happened though because the fluctuation of gold was far more than 20% and it later came back to the right amount.
    edited December 2012
    Kristie83 said:

ankheg said:

Kristie83 said:

ankheg said:

Kristie83 said:

ankheg said:

Kristie83 said:

Wild surge 17: 20% of pary gold destroyed. Since the texts are mixed up sometimes and it is possible to have more than one rolls, it can happen without any indication. I haven't tested but with more rolls the combination of 95 and 31(maybe 48 or 90?) can cause it as well.
    I didn't know this. I don't think that's what happened though because the fluctuation of gold was far more than 20% and it later came back to the right amount.
    Could be stacked, or it isn't 20% at all. In ToB it was 80%. Anyway I will keep watching it because I experienced some growth too and I can't explain that. Oh and 40 was is mistake it's 90. (probably)
    Post edited by ankheg on
  • COrmithCOrmith Member Posts: 15

Really crazy bug here...

CURRENT BEHAVIOR: Once you get journal entries (example: "Troubles in the Region" entries from the Friendly Arm Inn talking about the iron shortage) if you ever decide to quit that game and re-load, or load a previous saved game, the minute you get a new entry for your journal, you suddenly get all the other entries that you had collected on your previous go through too... so even if you load an earlier save where you haven't yet talked to anyone that could give you that entry, the minute you get a single journal entry, you get every other entry you have ever gotten on the previous playthrough.

Here's an example. On a previous save I went to the Temple of Healing in the Friendly Arm and did some donations. By doing so I got a whole bunch of Journal Entries. I screwed up and donated too much (my evil peeps weren't pleased) so I reloaded and before going back to the temple, I decided to talk to Bentley. Note my journal before talking to him (Screenshot below)

Now once I talk to him, he's supposed to give me a single journal entry on either how the Iron Trade has slowed or talking of trouble down south. Should just be one entry right? Nope. It gives me back all my previous entries I got on my last game played, even tho I didn't save them and this is a totally different save... Really odd and annoying. Here's a pic of my journal after speaking to Bentley.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: Obviously, you should get the journal entries that people are supposed to give you, not every journal entry you may have ever gotten in a different play-through.

UPDATE: I have now had this problem many times. Definitely an issue.

++++ Expected behavior++++ The Info garnered from random NPC's (Commoners, Rumors...etc...) Should be under the Journal Heading, not Quests as they are not actually Quest Related, nor provided options for completion - - -

Current behavior : Quest Updates do not complete, or stay in the "DONE" bin, as well as "Quest" location, Completed quests show up as Active quests in Quest header.

Expected Behavior: Completed quests should move to the appropriate area. Should not duplicate as open still.

I also have these issue's - thank you for posting OP.
  • SheikiaSheikia Member Posts: 15
    edited December 2012
    I'm not sure this has been reported yet, but I've tried looking for it.

Current behaviour: All quests except Dorn's and Winter Pelt quest disappear after gaining Dorn.
    Expected behaviour: All current quests remain in the journal and do not randomly disappear.

I'm honestly not sure what is going to happen. I'm going to try completing one of the quests that was removed and see what happens.

Update: The quests have come back. I talked to Emerson, gained the Nashkell mines quest back, then exited the journal once, opened again, then used the scroll wheel on my mouse and they appeared again.
    Sheikia said:

Current behaviour: All quests except Dorn's and Winter Pelt quest disappear after gaining Dorn.
    Expected behaviour: All current quests remain in the journal and do not randomly disappear.

I'm honestly not sure what is going to happen. I'm going to try completing one of the quests that was removed and see what happens.

Update: The quests have come back. I talked to Emerson, gained the Nashkell mines quest back, then exited the journal once, opened again, then used the scroll wheel on my mouse and they appeared again.

Same happened to me. I don't think that it has anything to do with Emerson though. Sometimes you can just scroll the journal to a "blank" page.
    I started a multiplayer game in The Black Pits, which was the very first time I played TBP. We played for a bit, then attempted to save. The message would notify that the game saved successfully, except no games would show up in the saved games list, and nothing could be loaded after quitting.

I decided to test it in Single Player before coming on to the forum and describing my problem, but saving functioned normally there. Going back to the save screen showed the game I saved, and I could load it normally.

The surprising part is that after saving in Single Player, and only after that, the multiplayer game I'd saved earlier became visible and loadable. The auto-save as well.

I don't know if this is a replicable issue, but it's worth looking into. I'd experiment further myself, except my friend and I have worked hard to get our multiplayer functioning well and I don't want to risk disrupting it.
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    In Nashkel I booted Kagain from my party outside of the inn and picked up Rassad then everytime I reentered the town area he would approach me and ask to join the party and keep asking even though I kept telling him no. Kagain should not follow the party around town and ask to join the party continously after being removed from it.
    Ok, scratch that earlier 'no current problem' statement:

Current Behavior: Some part of the data files from saves made in multiplayer The Black Pits campaign is corrupted.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/brokensave.png/
    I'm not going to try to speculate on the cause, because I'm completely baffled. My single player The Black Pits and all versions of the original campaign function normally.

Expected Behavior; The game should save normally with a current snapshot that is always visible from the save/load screen.
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    @Merengue Does the multiplayer save file work? Visual problems with savegames do not necessarily mean that the data is corrupt.
    edited December 2012

@Merengue Does the multiplayer save file work? Visual problems with savegames do not necessarily mean that the data is corrupt.

The actual game data is fine and playable, but the save can't be loaded normally until I save a single player black pits file, after which the file name, snapshot, and in-game time read normally for the multiplayer saves.

That is, as soon as those are repaired in that way, the save is playable. Otherwise, the save isn't. Before the first time I saved in a single player game, the multiplayer saves weren't even visible or clickable.

Edit: Erm, lemme try to set out a timeline to make it perfectly clear.

* Started a Black Pits multiplayer game with a friend. First time I played the Black Pits campaign. Saved it. No save showed in the saves list, and nothing could be loaded.
    * Started a Black Pits single player game to test if it was the expansion as a whole. Saved it. Visible save with no errors, normally loadable.
    * Went back to try the multiplayer game again, and the missing save and auto-save showed up in the list with normal data, and could be loaded.
    * Continued our multiplayer game and saved again. Save showed up as the screenshot, and could not be selected and loaded.
    * Loaded Single Player and saved immediately. Went back to rehost the multiplayer game, and the information was fixed and the file could be loaded.

Every time I want to load a multiplayer file, I have to go use the Single Player save system first before it will let me.
  • RohndilRohndil Member Posts: 171
    Maybe a bug.

The Cavalier innate fire resistance (20) bypass the penalty of the Belt of Antipode (character suffer double fire damage, +100 cold reistance).

CURRENT BEHAVIOR: 20 Fire Res, 100 Cold Res.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: -80 Fire Res, 100 Cold Res.

It stacks correctly on other characters with fire resistance items (like Gift of Peace or Mage Robe of Fire Resistance).
  • SheikiaSheikia Member Posts: 15
    ankheg said:

Sheikia said:

Same happened to me. I don't think that it has anything to do with Emerson though. Sometimes you can just scroll the journal to a "blank" page.
    It doesn't so much have to do with Emerson, as I just needed to do an action that brought back one of my previous quests and then scroll. I had tried scrolling before getting one of the quests back and it didn't work.

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Rohndil said:

Maybe a bug.

The Cavalier innate fire resistance (20) bypass the penalty of the Belt of Antipode (character suffer double fire damage, +100 cold reistance).

CURRENT BEHAVIOR: 20 Fire Res, 100 Cold Res.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: -80 Fire Res, 100 Cold Res.

It stacks correctly on other characters with fire resistance items (like Gift of Peace or Mage Robe of Fire Resistance).

The Cavalier class ability spcl221.spl is using "set" for the fire resistance rather than "increment"; easily corrected, of course.

I wish I had as easy an answer for the other question here but, alas, I do not at this time. Working on it....
  • MythdraconMythdracon Member Posts: 187
    When is the journal going to be fixed? Finished quests don't always appear in the "Done Quests" category, the journal entries are out of order, and some entries don't appear at all, even when the text in the window says that a new journal entry has appeared. =|