Skip to content

State of Ascension

Comments

• bgplayabgplaya Member Posts: 129
    Hehe, the last news I had heard was the BG II EE was still in development hell. Suddenly, I get an email saying release will be in a couple weeks, just before my birthday.

Needless to say, I'm thrilled. Thanks so much, Overhaul/Beamdog!

...Ugh, and I've never even gotten to play ToB. Too excited!
  • rathe101rathe101 Member Posts: 61
    I'm really excited for the side quests from the new NPCs.
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    I'm hoping aTweaks and level 1npcs will be available soon after release.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    will give this a quick bump for Ascension questions
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Offhand I was just wondering. Would it be possible in the future to see certain components of Ascension able to be installed as opposed the mod being installed wholesale?

Though I imagine Beamdog have likely already found their own way to restore some of the ToB bugged banter that didn't show up I was always fond of the idea of holding onto Sarevok's sword and having it regain some of its former power.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited November 2013
    A somewhat complex question for @Cuv, for which I apologize:

Will BG2:EE's version of "Ascension" already have the fixes or tweaks the devs have already integrated into the core game?

For example, I've been told that some components in the BG2 Tweak Pack (such as "Force All Dialogue To Pause" and "Weapon Animation Tweaks") are redundant in BG2:EE, but would be needed if I added modded content; does that include "Ascension"?
    @RedGuard What do you mean? You want it further split up by component beyond the Improved Battles? Not sure if that would easy to do. ie: split off Imoen 'changes speed up', or sarevok's sword?

@shawne That is a good question. Right now I am trying to incorporate some Dorn stuff. Will see what happens and keep you posted.

The good news is that DS is already included in BGIIEE due to BP2.... so it's just a matter of fixing the old DS files for that aspect.
    edited November 2013
    DS = Dialogue Stop? *confused*

Although, wait, hold up, new Ascension content for Dorn?

@shawne DS is Detectable Spells, sorry. No, there is no Ascension content for dorn, but I do have to consider the new NPC's in the area scripts that Ascension changes
    and on that note.... a preview of the Improved Gromnir battle in BGIIEE

Good fun!
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    edited November 2013
    @Cuv Sorry. I didn't mean to be confusing. I haven't played Ascension in years so my memory of it isn't the best and I don't know what changes have been made to it since then.
  • ComplyOrDieComplyOrDie Member Posts: 41
    What a strange party setup! AAAAAAAhhhh I can't wait to try it.
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180

Those are the best ones!

• BhaalSpawndBhaalSpawnd Member Posts: 12
    Where do you download ascension?
    edited November 2013

Is it strange? Perhaps I shouldn't spoil anything at all.

@RedGuard Oh I see, there are already optional components listed below.
    Restored Bhaal Powers
    Improved Illasera
    Improved Gromnir
    Improved Yaga Shura
    Improved Abazigal
    Improved Balthazar
    Improved Demogorgon

Everything else is core component (including Balthazar)

Post edited by Cuv on
    Personally, I'll be skipping the Improved battles and just install the Restored Bhaalspawn Powers (are those the same as the ones in Unfinished Business?) and the core component.
  • phatbeastphatbeast Member Posts: 5
    I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, but everything that I've read has just confused me even more. My understanding is that Ascension is not included in the official release of BGII:EE, but it should be (either now or soon) usable as a mod. Is this correct? If so, can someone point me in the direction of some instructions? If not, can you correct me? Thanks!
    @phatbeast: Ascension was not officially included; Cuv is currently adapting it to BG2:EE; when it's ready, it will be released, at which point you can download and install it. :)
  • phatbeastphatbeast Member Posts: 5
    Ah, understood. Thanks very much!
  • CanzahCanzah Member Posts: 37
    Hey Cuv, are you going to update Redemption and The Longer Road as well? They are as important as Ascension and further expand on it. Redemption basically expands Ascension and The Longer Road is a more expansive Redemption.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Canzah Unfortunately Redemption and The Longer Road are fairly outdated, and require a bit of modernisation before they get EE-ified. It's on my agenda, but there's a bit of work involved, so it might be a while.
    I just hope you can get The Longer Road updated since until it's done I probably won't play BG2EE. Similar reason with me waiting for BG1EE to get compatible NPC Project and Unfinished Business, until they're done I'm just holding out. How much work would it take you to adapt Longer Roader (seeing as Redemption you probably shouldn't even bother with due to LR being a better version of it)?
    @Canzah It will be at least a few weeks.
    As long as it does come out I can patiently wait, I just hope you don't drop it. What's the state on NPC Project for BG1EE anyway?
    @Canzah On hold for the moment, but cmorgan and I will be picking it up soon. :) That one is unfortunately far more complicated than these updates have been!

I haven't dropped anything yet. ;)
    I hope you really don't drop any of them. Right now the only thing stopping EE versions from being superior to originals is lack of compatibility with Unfinished Business, NPC Project, Ascension, Redemption and Longer Road.
    Winter is coming ...

and I will have time to do more work on mods while I patrol the wall
  • JnnJnn Member Posts: 34
    Thats amazing Cuv! Keep up the good work.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    How is fixing going @Cuv?
This discussion has been closed.