Skip to content

State of Ascension

Comments

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @Messi Slowly :( We changed so much stuff in BGIIEE, slowly working through the problems. Will have more people on it after Monday. The tp2 code is old and we cant have it overwriting files... needs to patch them instead.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Thanks for the update. :) And thanks again for working on getting this mod updated, it's really appreciated!
  • CanzahCanzah Member Posts: 37
    Indeed, much appreciated. Hopefully Longer Road adaptation will be compatible with it once it comes out.
  • ComplyOrDieComplyOrDie Member Posts: 41
    Any update on this? :)
  • JnnJnn Member Posts: 34
    edited November 2013
    Let the man work in peace. Remember hes doing it out of courtesy, not out of necessity. I understand many are anxious, hell, im too, but rather they take their time and do it well.

Haste is the mother of imperfection.
  • KogornKogorn Member Posts: 104
    Does anyone remember any bugs in vanilla ascension? It might be of some help if we could list those....I don't remember any though other than the small bug with Melissan that SCS fixes.
  • SageSage Member Posts: 28
    There's a rare crash on improved Yaga-shura. I'm not sure if anyone ever figured out what causes it. And what small bug with Melissan is that?
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Sage said:

There's a rare crash on improved Yaga-shura. I'm not sure if anyone ever figured out what causes it.

The Lieutenant Thief's darts are in a Quiver slot. If he tries to EquipRanged(), the game crashes. (I found and fixed it for improved Yaga-Shura in SCS.)

The only other vanilla bug I know is with Balthazar's flunkies. They're supposed to be balelit1-balelit4, but some problem with the tp2 (I forget what) prevents them installing properly.
    I assume once the new version is out there's very likely to be issues with scs?
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Unless @DavidW is checking the ascension update and changing SCS along the way, yeah, there'll probably be some issues.
    Good thing is, this EE thing has finally forced some of the older mods to be modernized (thanks to the work of our lovely modders, like @Cuv) to patching stuff rather than overwriting files :D
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    I don't see any reason to expect problems between the main part of SCS and Ascension. SCS has some components that only apply on an Ascension install and it's possible that those won't work correctly on EE-ascension. (Though I wouldn't be surprised if they work fine - it depends on the extent to which naming conventions get changed.)
  • AntonChiggerAntonChigger Member Posts: 4
    I was looking forward to modding my copy of BG2 for the first time, so it was disappointing that Ascension was not compatible. I eagerly await the day the great folks working on this mod finally get it updated!
  • ghostowlghostowl Member Posts: 171

I assume once the new version is out there's very likely to be issues with scs?

I don't think so...the modder knows SCS is a popular widely used mod

My last final is on December 11th, so I'm going to pray that it's out by then *fingers crossed*
  • agentmulderagentmulder Member Posts: 114
    Since I never played this mod... where should I stop before waiting for the release and installing it? After finishin SoA content? Or I need to restart my game.
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100

Since I never played this mod... where should I stop before waiting for the release and installing it? After finishin SoA content? Or I need to restart my game.

It doesn't start until after ToB. You can go through your entire SoA playthrough without it having an effect. You do want to load it before you import your save into ToB though. You also might want to try Wheels of Prophecy as well at that time.

nearly done with my bg2ee soa playthrough. The question is do I need to start taking my time? :)
    zenblack said:

It doesn't start until after ToB. You can go through your entire SoA playthrough without it having an effect. You do want to load it before you import your save into ToB though. You also might want to try Wheels of Prophecy as well at that time.

What this mod do? What are the cool changes?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    edited December 2013
    @agentmulder, the Mod Readme: http://weidu.org/ascension/Ascension-WeiDU.txt is a good place to start.
  • CanzahCanzah Member Posts: 37
    Any progress?

@agentmulder, the Mod Readme: http://weidu.org/ascension/Ascension-WeiDU.txt is a good place to start.

Thanks. But I was asking about Wheels of Prophecy.

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    @agentmulder, Oh! Sorry. I guess I just assumed since this is an Ascension thread.

WoP Readme:

http://www.gibberlings3.net/readmes/readme-wheels.html
  • AnprionsaAnprionsa Member Posts: 106
    I've finished SoA. I really don't want to play ToB without Ascension. No news makes me sad...
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    @koawinter: Seconding this :(
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Man I can't play TOB until this comes out. It just won't be the same.

Also "State of Ascension" sounds like it should be the name of an action-espionage movie.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    koawinter said:

I've finished SoA. I really don't want to play ToB without Ascension. No news makes me sad...

Thirded. And a little miffed, because the devs were assuring everyone that it would be ready by launch, and obviously that didn't happen...
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

Man I can't play TOB until this comes out. It just won't be the same.

Also "State of Ascension" sounds like it should be the name of an action-espionage movie.

Really? To me State of Ascension sounds more like a mystic/scifi movie title...
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited December 2013
    I went straight to political thriller.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    My apologies to everyone who's been waiting, but time has gotten away from me and it doesn't look like I'll be able to get it converted right away. Again, I'm really sorry for getting people's hopes up, life has been busier than I expected since release.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    jackjack said:

I went straight to political thriller.

Actually the first thing I though of was "State of Play"... what a great miniseries that was.
This discussion has been closed.