Skip to content

BGII:EE Compatible Mod List

Comments

• TiddlersoupTiddlersoup Member Posts: 7
    Hope the Ashes of Embers mod is compatible soon...
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    So, ascension has any feedback on it? Any % on the project?
    Cahir said:

@LiamEsler - BG1NPC Project? Hint Hint?:)

I'm playing the alfa version, and atm it's going well (but i didn't played it in the old game, so i can't compare versions).
  • IzzehIzzeh Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys,

I've been spending hours figuring out what mods to use for BG2:EE. I don't want to change the game TOO ridiculously much as I never finished ToB, but does this seem like a good selection? I just finished BGEE with the NPC project mod and found it to be a great addition, but didn't want to mess with things too much...

Ascension
    Assassinations
    Back to Brynnlaw
    The Sellswords
    Banter Packs
    Imoen Friendship
    Unfinished Business
    Kelsey NPC
    Keto NPC
    NPC Flirt Packs
    and possibly the BG2 tweak pack.

A Ascension is unfinished could I just install and start playing with all the other mods for now, then install Ascension when I get to ToB? As it's first on the install list, would I have to re-install everything else after or would this have negative effects?
    I really want to start playing, but don't want to have to restart when ascension is finished if I want to play it.

The download in gibberling three site aren't working atm
  • DarkOwlDarkOwl Member Posts: 2
    Is SCS version 28 still fully compatible with BG2:EE 1.3 (currently beta), or should I expect compatiblity problems?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited December 2014
    The list isn't only for old mods that have become compatible is it?

Anyway, I've got a new mod submission

Awesome Soundsets Vol. 1 for BG1EE, BG2EE, and IWDEE with subtitles
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37727/awesome-soundsets-vol-1-for-bg1ee-bg2ee-and-iwdee-with-subtitles

• nesknesk Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2014
    Izzeh said:

Hi guys,

I'd throw in SCS. It doesn't change the game too much, but makes for a nice rebalancing.
    And Item Upgrade - it has very convenient item crafts to combine utility items so for example you don't have to switch rings for a thieving boost or staffs of air/fire/earth to summon different elementals.
    Also, if you plan on evil playthrough, one of the tweaking mods (aTweak I think) has a feature to balance rewards for good/evil choices - vanilla BG2 gives you much more exp/money/etc for being good.

P.S. I have no idea if any of this works on 1.3.
  • DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173
    Heya, I'm getting ready to start a bg2ee play through and I'm looking at mods. Can someone more knowledgeable than I about these things tell me how much of Unfinished Business is really needed in the ee? Thanks!
  • tobajastobajas Member Posts: 77
    Danathion said:

Heya, I'm getting ready to start a bg2ee play through and I'm looking at mods. Can someone more knowledgeable than I about these things tell me how much of Unfinished Business is really needed in the ee? Thanks!

If I remember correctly pretty much nothing in Unfinished buisness is added in BG2EE. So if you want to add the cut or changed content then install UB. I myself just started my play after 1.3 and forgot to install it but I dont wanna restart my play, so I am leaving it out. But I am missing it, for instance just finished Xzar's quest and raided his laboratory if you do it in BG2EE you meet 2 mages + 3 goblins but afterwards you get told you killed all his creations that were supossed to be abomination/flesh golems. Which is odd since you kill goblins. At the same time Suna Sendai play's a much bigger role then just being a random encounter you kill.

But thats just a small part of it.
  • DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173
    Thanks @tobajas! I'll go ahead and install all components. :)
    edited December 2014
    @Avenger_teambg and @wisp, Atweaks mode got some points becoming incompatible with 1.3 version of BG2EE.

PnP Fiends, further improved fiends, fiendish gating and revised bhaalpowers aren't working correctly.

Attached an save of mine with the problem.

This game has besides Atweaks, the mods:

Rogue Rebalancing
    Unfinished business
    Assassinations
    IEbanters
    Silver Dragon Blood

after upgrade to 1.3 version i installed atweaks before all other mods. After the issue, i reinstalled all used installments of atweaks, but the problem persist.
  • sturmvogel66sturmvogel66 Member Posts: 35
    aTweaks is supposed to be installed last.
    edited December 2014

aTweaks is supposed to be installed last.

I made both, installed before and reinstalled everything as last install, and still i got the same results, so this possibility is already covered.
  • MatschdockMatschdock Member Posts: 14
    Does the Item Upgrade mode works now, or does there still be an upgrade on Weidu?
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    @kamuizin‌
    Please describe your problems in more detail. What am I looking for? Kindly also provide the contents of your weidu.log, as well as setup-atweaks.debug if you are having installation problems.
  • MatschdockMatschdock Member Posts: 14
    @Wisp Sorry, i didn't even install it yet. In the summary on the first page, it is mentioned that it is in progress and weidu has to be upgraded.

So i'm not sure if it will run smoothly or will there likely be trouble if i install it
  • DeltharisDeltharis Member Posts: 124
    @Matschdock‌ That @ with nickname shows who he was replying to - it wasn't you in this case.

And yes, you still need weidu upgrade. Though that's a big word for "replace weidu install file with up-to-date one". Modern versions even do that by themselves. And it should run smoothly.
    Wisp said:

@kamuizin‌
    Please describe your problems in more detail. What am I looking for? Kindly also provide the contents of your weidu.log, as well as setup-atweaks.debug if you are having installation problems.

I already reinstaled the entire game unfortunally @Wisp, really sorry for that. The issue that happened is:

After the 1.3 install the bhaalpower spells, gate and other demon invoking spells lose any name or description, and each modded action these demons took made an error (some number i forgot), as gating or using telepor without error. The game didn't crash with these errors, they still work properly. The invoked demons also had no name.
    Another new mod submission

@LiamEsler‌

Awesome Soundsets Vol. 2 for BG1EE, BG2EE, and IWDEE with subtitles

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/38023/awesome-soundsets-vol-2-for-bg1ee-bg2ee-and-iwdee-with-subtitles
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    @kamuizin‌
    If you mean you installed the patch on top of a modded game without also reinstalling the mods afterwards, that would probably explain your problems. It would additionally be wise to start a new game. Even if the patch itself does not invalidate your saves, it's likely you would have problems with mod-added strings.
    Wisp said:

@kamuizin‌
    If you mean you installed the patch on top of a modded game without also reinstalling the mods afterwards, that would probably explain your problems. It would additionally be wise to start a new game. Even if the patch itself does not invalidate your saves, it's likely you would have problems with mod-added strings.

I reinstalled all the mods in the same order i had them before, the version update clean all mod installs.
    the actors in your savegame reference the wrong strings start a new game.
    edited December 2014
    IEP Extended Banters don't prevent the Viconia x Vaylgar conflict when we speak with Oriana at the government district (we can still just speak with both and recruit them to stop the fight but i don't know if that's lead to any bug)

Update: IEbanters don't prevent forever the conflict between Keldorn and Viconia, it will trigger the special banters of the mod in the first time keldorn try to attack viconia, but that banter will be repeated and the second time we don't get the interference option again.
    Post edited by kamuizin on
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    edited December 2014
    @LiamEsler‌ Did the 1.3 patch mess something up with the mods? In a new game post-patch, the romantic encounters and either Banterpack or IEP extended banters dialouge options are only showing up as "invalid" with a bunch of numbers. The mods need an update to match the patch?
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited December 2014
    @JosefineS if you modded and played with the original game install then the patch wiped your game clean from any mods. You'd have to reinstall everything in the same order, then it might be possible to continue your game with a safegame.
    To prevent this, it is recommended to make a copy of the whole EE game folder that can be modded (while any patch can be applied without consequences to the original game install). You'd have to manually correct the game path in the baldur.ini (of the copy) to the one of your copied game for the copy to run.
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    @jastey‌ Oh what I did was installing some mods after installing the patch and before starting a new game. I did it in the correct order (if the list in this thread is still valid?). It's in the new game that the bugs with banters have started so I just figured it was a compatible issue related to the new patch.

• GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Safest way to deal with the new patch is completely wipe your slate clean, reinstall the game, and reinstall the mods. You could just delete the weidu and reinstall everything but that might have a few buggy issues. For example in one such bug with Yasarena installed, there ended up being 3 of her at the exit to Chateau Irenicus instead of just 1.
    Is there another mod list or can someone make a new one? This pinned list from OP hasn't been updated in over a year and there have been changes since then. For example, I've released a few mods myself. No idea what else everyone has done again since year has passed since update.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    @JosefineS oh, alright then I assumed wrongly. Then this sounds as if the mods are installed to the wrong language folder. If you install the first mod, it first asks which game language the mods should be installed to. This question comes only once, all mods afterwards are installed to the same language then (you can still chose the mod's language upon install, but the game language stays the same). It sounds as if you did not install to your wanted game language, so now all mod references point to non-existent dialogue in the language version you are playing.
    The mods itself should work fine for v1.3.
    I am terrible sorry but I don't know how to change this, you'd need someone like Wisp or CamDawg or the like to walk you through to change the game language folder. -Maybe do a search for it, first, and open a new thread. I am sure you are not the only one with this problem.
This discussion has been closed.