Skip to content

BGII:EE Compatible Mod List

Comments

• DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    LiamEsler said:

SUP

So I'm setting aside some time to update this last later this week. If somebody could compile a list of basic changes that would be ace, as I want to make sure I don't miss anything!

@LiamEsler feel free to use my post to update your list. One updated list with installation order is why better than 2 lists
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Well, I only just noticed that the Tyris Flare mod isn't on this list, although I've been using it for a little while. Given that, I'm not sure if this is the right place to bring it up, but I've gone through 17 of the love talks already and every time I rest and the 18th starts up, the game just crashes. Re-installing the mod hasn't helped, and I don't know any other means of fixing this. Any guesses as to fixing it? It may just not be compatible with EE, but I haven't had any problems up to this point.
  • Notepic4Notepic4 Member Posts: 27

Well, I only just noticed that the Tyris Flare mod isn't on this list, although I've been using it for a little while. Given that, I'm not sure if this is the right place to bring it up, but I've gone through 17 of the love talks already and every time I rest and the 18th starts up, the game just crashes. Re-installing the mod hasn't helped, and I don't know any other means of fixing this. Any guesses as to fixing it? It may just not be compatible with EE, but I haven't had any problems up to this point.

I have the same problem as you, I think it may just be something to do with EE compatibility though. It could have been the location that it tries to run the love talk, as I kept doing it in a mod location (added by the Amber mod) but it may by Tyris, not the area the script is running in. Hopefully someone can fix this soon, Tyris is my favourite mod companion and I will definitely miss the option to romance her.
  • FuineFuine Member Posts: 40
    LiamEsler said:

SUP

So I'm setting aside some time to update this last later this week. If somebody could compile a list of basic changes that would be ace, as I want to make sure I don't miss anything!

Hi mate. We are about to start a new multiplayer with 4 pals and I want to use your updated list if we can :D When can we expect it? :D
  • KivanKivan Member Posts: 159
    edited October 2014

Tyris Flare isn´t compatible with EE. And I don´t know if someone is working on this mod. Maybe some interaction with another romanceable NPC (Aerie, Viconia, Jaheira, Anomen) causes the problem? Change your current party members and try again, maybe it will work...
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Kivan said:

Tyris Flare isn´t compatible with EE. And I don´t know if someone is working on this mod. Maybe some interaction with another romanceable NPC (Aerie, Viconia, Jaheira, Anomen) causes the problem? Change your current party members and try again, maybe it will work...
    We were alone at the time, and I've tried it in a few locations. I feel like it just doesn't work on its own for whatever reason. I've continued the game by Shadowkeepering my way past the talk, but I haven't gotten any new talks since. I don't know how this all plays out, since this is my first time with it, so I don't know why things seem to have stalled. I suppose it still works as well as could be expected given the lack of comparability, though.
  • Notepic4Notepic4 Member Posts: 27
    LiamEsler said:

Hey, just letting you know I haven't forgotten about this - the upcoming release of IWD:EE has me swamped. I'll get to it as soon as I can.

No worries take all the time you need, and I for one really appreciate you taking your time to do this :)
  • StaglordStaglord Member Posts: 27
    @foggy
    Is the SCS and BP ascension still present and where could you install ascension in your order, first?

Sorry if i am springing it on you like you have to know, was just curious if you did :)
  • FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297
    @Staglord Install BP Ascension before all other mods, it is fully functional as in you can install Ascension and just choose not to install the rest of the components, if you don't want them. It copy game files rather than patch them and have some bugs but it works and is compatible with BG2EE.
    BP Ascension changes core script references and might override SCS AI so I'm not sure if mixing ascension and SCS breaks anything. BG2EE NPCs won't have any interaction with ascension content.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @Foggy‌ and @Staglord‌

Regarding SCS and BP-Ascension:

The Ascension should be installed first, then SCS. (see also http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/35136/questions-about-mod-installation )

There're several glitches but here in the OP :
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29107/ascension-five-death-script-glitch-spoilers/p1 you can read how to fix them.
  • StaglordStaglord Member Posts: 27
    Thanks for the info @Foggy‌ and @bengoshi‌
  • ioannismanioannisman Member Posts: 43
    Sarah and Valen are ok too and soon my Morituri kit EE edition will be ready for uploading, cheers!
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    You do not know any mode, which drastically increases the difficulty and it is compatible with BG2:EE?
    Something like good old Tactics mod fro BG2. Current game is terribly easy even on the hardest difficulty.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited October 2014
    Edvin said:

You do not know any mode, which drastically increases the difficulty and it is compatible with BG2:EE?
    Something like good old Tactics mod fro BG2. Current game is terribly easy even on the hardest difficulty.

SCS improves the game's AI a lot, I also tend to use it in conjunction of this utility mod I made, that levels up enemy and neutral creatures (no jNPCs get their level risen) so they are more powerful after you install SCS (my mod HAS TO BE installed before SCS).
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    is the mind flayer companion mod compatible?
  • StradlinStradlin Member Posts: 142
    Any word on Weimer's Solaufein mod?
  • MBerlMBerl Member Posts: 25
    I wonder that too! Now that Imoen Romance is released as a beta (works great for me so far), I only miss Solaufein and Ascension (I don't rly want to mess around with BP Ascension since I think it still has some hiccups).
    @Dark_Ansem The mind flayer companion mod Varshoon haven't been updated for EE yet. @LavaDelVortel said that he'll eventually update all his mods to EE but he's focusing on new projects for now.

About Weimer's Solaufein, considering that Weimer is a retired modder and will not update any of his mods, maybe another kind soul will pick up his work and make Solaufein and Valen EE compatible. jcompton had a thread opened in PPG forums to contact him for those interested in updating Weimer mods http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,28772.0.html
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
    edited November 2014
    Weeeeell, indeed I would like all my mods to be compatible, but the number of my mods is kinda... overwhelming so if someone would like to help, it would be amazing. I will work on my mods, but now I just need a break. I have much on my head, like the PhD thesis and some articles...
    Take all the time you need @LavaDelVortel, we are grateful for all the work you've already done and any future updates. Good luck on your thesis.

For those who like modded kits, the folks at G3 did one hell of an update on the Divine Remix mod. From the readme and mod description:
    The Divine Remix aims to rebalance and change several aspects of divine-magic-using classes, such as clerics, paladins, druids, and rangers. The mod was originally known as Cleric Remix. Version 8 is a major, major rewrite and update. Because of the extensive changes, it should be considered a beta in terms of bugs and stability.
    IWDEE/BGEE/BGIIEE compatibility
    Sphere system broken out and made optional
    Non-sphere versions of cleric kits created and much more..
    Readme: http://www.gibberlings3.net/readmes/readme-divine_remix.html
    Download link: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=46
  • nesknesk Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2014
    Has anyone tried Item Upgrade on BG2EE? It is mentioned in mod's readme, but there is no explicit statement that it is compatible. I installed most of other mods from this list except IU, wouldn't want to start over if it breaks things.

@LiamEsler, thanks for this great list - worked for me, can't wait for an update!
  • PeLLeT_RSDPeLLeT_RSD Member Posts: 55
    nesk said:

Has anyone tried Item Upgrade on BG2EE? It is mentioned in mod's readme, but there is no explicit statement that it is compatible. I installed most of other mods from this list except IU, wouldn't want to start over if it breaks things.

@LiamEsler, thanks for this great list - worked for me, can't wait for an update!

I'm using it and had no problems so far.
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    edited November 2014
    nesk said:

To install the mod you just have to use an external (Weidu 236) weinstall. Everything else is without problems.

edited November 2014
    StefanO said:

nesk said:

To install the mod you just have to use an external (Weidu 236) weinstall. Everything else is without problems.

No, you don't if you already have other mods installed, it will automatically update to use the last version of weidu (which is 237 or whatever your newest mod installed is using). Many mods in the list comes with weidu 234 and 235 and runs smoothly, no reason Item Upgrade would be any different. For Item upgrade to be fully compatible with other item packs or item tweaking mods you have to chose Original List Version for both SoA and ToB in the mod install options (since BG2EE combine both SoA and ToB). The mod is fully compatible by itself and runs flawlessly on BG2EE.
    UUps, I wasn't aware that 237 is already released. Okay, last sunday, so I'm perhaps excused.

Foggy, are you sure that the automatic update behavior you described also works on osx? In the past, it does not.
    edited November 2014
    edited November 2014
    Foggy said:
    I know this thread. In order to understand the install process, I tried a couple of things and found a way that works for me for a year or so:

On osx install the latest weinstall and WeiDu (mixedcase is important) in /usr/local/bin and install each mod with "weinstall modname" and everything is fine. Okay, sometimes there are problems with the tisunpack binary, but that's a different story.
  • nesknesk Member Posts: 7
    Thanks everyone, Item Upgrade installed and is working fine on top of SCS and other mods.
    I used @Foggy‌ 's method of dealing with WeiDu versions.
This discussion has been closed.