Skip to content

BGII:EE Compatible Mod List

Comments

• AcruxAcrux Member Posts: 11
    Does anyone happen to know if the item upgrade mods Ruad or Rolles work with EE? They're both obscure enough I doubt anyone would be planning to update them soon.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited August 2014

Do you have any idea as to when the ascension is BG2EE compatible?

BP-Ascension is BG2EE compatible. http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/492672/#Comment_492672

@LiamEsler‌ - Maybe add a link to this on the OP? This question gets asked a lot.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited August 2014
    Can we put that particular myth to bed? BP-Ascension is installable - BP's author makes no guarantee of EE compatibility. At the moment, it's all we've got, but no one's reported actual success with it yet.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @shawne Considering some people played with both BP Ascension and Stratagems at least until the very last fight, as discussed here, it's more than a myth, actually, even if people reported issues (but it may not be only because of BP-Ascension itself).
    @Isaya: That's exactly my point. No one seems to know whether BP-Ascension, on its own, causes gamebreaking problems like Sendai not dying. So to say it's fully compatible strikes me as premature - it's just the thing that works right now, certainly not what the devs were promising before BG2:EE launched.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    edited August 2014
    @AstroBryGuy I'm not sure I'd call it compatible - it might work, but that doesn't mean it's actually been made fully compatible, and I don't really want to recommend mods that haven't been thoroughly tested. If like 10 people tell me it worked flawlessly with no issues, I'd put it up, though.

@shawne I do just want to clarify for people (since there seems to be a misconception lurking around) that it wasn't Beamdog who said that, it was a singular dev in his spare time. It was never an official thing.
    edited August 2014
    @LiamEsler: Old argument is old, let's not get into that again. It is what it is. *shrug*
    There are know issues with Stratagems (including a game breaking one at least, as I understood) and BG2 Tweaks, two widely used mods. I'm sure there were other problems reported with a few other mods, including in this topic, for instance for Dace where people complained it didn't even install because it saied they didn't have TOB. It seems nobody is questionning their presence in the list. That's why I'm wondering why BP-Ascension should be treated differently.
    In any case, I think feedback should be explicitely requested if a mod need validation by any number of people before appearing on the list. I'm not sure any mod in the list received such testing.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Isaya If somebody tells me a mod is incompatible, I can remove it from the list - I went by confirmation from mod authors/maintainers.
    LiamEsler said:

@AstroBryGuy I'm not sure I'd call it compatible - it might work, but that doesn't mean it's actually been made fully compatible, and I don't really want to recommend mods that haven't been thoroughly tested. If like 10 people tell me it worked flawlessly with no issues, I'd put it up, though.

Fair enough.
    @Isaya: What's broken with BG2 Tweaks? I was planning to use some of those components...
    @shawne There are several issues reported in the mod forum. Some, related to text updates in item descriptions, are due to having an old version of WeiDU (232) in the archive, which fails to change dialog.tlk. An update to WeiDU 236 prevents those.
    There is another problem with the paladin hall that can break Anomen's quest, with Sensible Entrance Points component that should not install one block on BG2EE but does, because of a bug in WeiDU 232, and this should be fixed in v15, according to @CamDawg. I believe updating to WeiDU 236 fixes it too, as that block is protected by a GAME_IS check.
    There are other issues for which no answer was given.

@LiamEsler I understand you don't want to mention BP-Ascension as Horred didn't provide a feedback for the Ascension part. You may still add BP though, with appropriate warning about Ascension, as Horred wrote that the mod checks for BG2EE where needed and was at least partially tested in game.
    I believe that's probably what some other authors did too, otherwise there wouldn't be a game breaking bug in SCS (if I understood properly), for instance.
    @Isaya: I've checked the G3 forum, but couldn't find any mention of other outstanding issues - do the unnerfed progression tables and Female Edwina work?
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Btw, still an old bug, probably in SCS but can't tell for sure, that prevents you entering Firekraags lair from Windspear hills.

Got the following mods and installed in the order according to the first page:
    Adalons blood
    Back to Brynnlaw
    Sellswords
    Weimer Item upgrade
    Coran NPC
    Unfinished business
    Almetarias restoration project
    Dungeon be gone
    atweaks
    SCS
    @shawne I can't provide an answer from direct experience. I didn't notice anything about them in the forum and, from their descriptions, these components are updating files that have not changed format in BG2EE so I assume there should be no problem.
    Found an issue in Unfinished business:
    Also posted this on pocket planes forum, but I don't know how often they are frequented.

Playing with UB at the moment and I noticed that when Boo disappears, Minsc's portrait is replaced by a very small portrait of him.
    I'm currently using BG:EE, and I saw that this issue arrised in another Mod (NPC project) as old BG/Tutu/whatever used smaller portrait sizes.

Issue should be resolved by adding a bigger version of his portrait (without Boo I presume).
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    @Sed I am pretty sure that is intentional. After you finish his quest and get Boo back his portrait should return to normal.
    I think it is a way to show that the loss of Boo has "diminished" Minsc.
    @ronaldo‌
    If i remember correctly from the original, they just remove Boo from the picture but at its proper size. The portrait does return at the end of the quest.
    Got the following reply at the pocket plane forum:

Oh, yes, you're correct. I would be very grateful(as the mod's current maintainer) to implement a larger portrait - folks, if any of you have experience with graphics and can provide us one, I'll be grateful, and I'm sure the players will be, too!
    So if anyone is up for helping out with creating a big portrait of Minsc without Boo, please help out :)
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    edited August 2014
    @Sed maybe you should post it in the Custom pc npc portraits so the artists among us will see it, maybe one of them will agree to do it or ask @Isandir if he is up for it.
  • Drizzt101Drizzt101 Member Posts: 7
    I would just like to say that the NPC Fade works with EE and i had no bugs and enjoyed it immensely
  • Belegur01Belegur01 Member Posts: 7
    BP still seems to have some of the problems which bedeviled it in the Big Picture/BGT days, namely AI issues with some enemies not turning hostile when expected.

SCS has the unkillable Sendai issue (as well as it being resource hungry).

With BP-Ascension, you can't turn into the Slayer, since you just keep taking exponential damage, even if you change back quickly. Which can present problems in the Illithid lair, since you sometimes don't get plot-critical creatures respawning.

So yes, they do add complexity to your game, but there are down sides. That said, the positives outweigh the negatives.

Oh, and Fade is a great NPC to add. Definitely not PG-13, though. Combined with Romantic Encounters, you're definitely in an R-rated game. Possibly NC-17.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    I've been playing with the Tashia mod again and although there aren't any real game-breaking problems, for some reason her casting sounds are those of a male spellcaster, which is kind of jarring. I figure I could probably fix this myself if I knew what files were involved for the soundset, and then do some pasting work. Not an urgent issue, but one I though I'd want to bring up.
  • SirVoytekSirVoytek Member Posts: 6
    Is there any mode allowing AI to control party members during the battle? Without our character, of course.
    SirVoytek said:

Is there any mode allowing AI to control party members during the battle? Without our character, of course.

Check out BP Series Party AI.

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1025-bp-series-party-ai-for-bg/
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756

I've been playing with the Tashia mod again and although there aren't any real game-breaking problems, for some reason her casting sounds are those of a male spellcaster, which is kind of jarring. I figure I could probably fix this myself if I knew what files were involved for the soundset, and then do some pasting work. Not an urgent issue, but one I though I'd want to bring up.

@Abi_Dalzim, I had a similar problem when I was updating Finch for BG:EE.

NPCs have two attributes for gender ("GENDER" and "SEX"). Casting sounds on the Enhanced Edition are based on "SEX", unlike the original games, and Tashia's "SEX" attribute is erroneously set to "MALE"

To fix this

1) download the latest pre-release version of NearInfinity
    2) make a backup of your last savegame, just in case
    3) open the menu tree corresponding to your last save with NearInfinity (you'll find it under the menu "Save" on the left) and select BALDUR.GAM
    4) on the window on the top right of NI double click on *ASHIA
    5) on the new window select the tab edit, scroll to the bottom and double click on CRE
    6) on the new window select the tab edit and scroll the Attribute list on the left until you find "SEX"
    7) change the value from "MALE" to "FEMALE" and click "Update value"
    8) close all the windows of NI, selecting "Save Changes" when you are asked if you want to save them
  • SirVoytekSirVoytek Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2014
    How can I activate this mode? I`ve already isntalled it.

Edit:
    Ok, I got it! I had to change AI scripts.

Thanks!
    Post edited by SirVoytek on
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    @Erg‌, That did seem to work, thanks.
  • InvictusCobraInvictusCobra Member Posts: 108
    As someone who would be interested in playing the Redemption mod, I'd like to ask about the status of the Ascension mod for ToB. Even though when Ascension is finished, Redemption would probably have to be made compatible as well. So, how's the progress on the conversion for EE?
    edited August 2014
    SirVoytek said:

How can I activate this mode? I`ve already isntalled it.
    For each character, select "Customize" then "Script" from the Character Record Screen. The BP scripts will be after the standard ones.

EDIT: Ah - I see you figured it out! Ninja'ed by the original asker!
This discussion has been closed.