Skip to content

BGII:EE Compatible Mod List

Comments

• J_L_SeagullJ_L_Seagull Member Posts: 13
    Twani said:

The easiest way to do this:

A) Find a mod that's been updated to work on the latest version of BG/2EE. Check the Pocket Plane Group, or Gibberlings3- an example would be the Kelsey or Xan NPC. (I am telling you to do this rather then download WEIDU straight because I can't remember where you find the latest version of WEIDU anymore- is it still Weimer's site?)
    B) See the file named Setup-ModName.exe
    C) Copy and rename that file to Setup-ItemUpgrade.exe or whatever Weimer's exe file is named. You'll want to overwrite the old version with this new file. You'll notice this is the same name as the tp2 file that's likely in the mod's folder (just without the setup).

The tp2 file is the file that tells your mod how to install ('put this file here, put that file here'). Weidu is the program that does this installation, at it's most simple- weidu does a ton of other fun stuff too, but for a mod user, what you need to know is WEIDU installs your mods and makes them as compatable as possible with no muss or fuss.

Thanks a lot. Will try it tomorrow! Now its pillowhugging time for me :)
  • DeamonTaxiCabDeamonTaxiCab Member Posts: 1
    I have BG2EE and recently installed the tweak pack mainly for the all stronghold mod, and I was wondering if I had to create a new character to take advantage of the mod or if it even works for EE
  • sarafina0976sarafina0976 Member Posts: 1
    Some of the mods aren't installing for me, I get a message saying I don't appear to have ToB installed...any work around or anyhting for this? Thank you in advance!
  • akridianakridian Member Posts: 11
    Any idea when "[in progress] Weimer's Item Upgrade (just needs an updated version of WeiDU)" will be good to go?
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    edited May 2014
    The Item Upgrade Mod can be installed using an external WeiDu and weinstall. I posted this a couple of month ago.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17717/tool-easy-mod-installer-for-os-x
    StefanO said:
    I tried "weinstall+mavericks MODNAME" on the command line. "weinstall+mavericks" calls "WeiDU" (not "weidu") for execution. Because OSX file names are kind of case sensitive, "WeiDU" wasn't found and "weinstall+mavericks MODNAME" failed.

I renamed "weidu+mavericks" to "WeiDU" and after adding the working directory to the PATH shell variable via "PATH=$PATH:." the mod was successfully installed.

I tested this with the "itemupgrade" mod. Everything worked fine.

If your aren't familiar with the OSX command line the "easy mod installer" is perhaps the tool of choice.
  • akridianakridian Member Posts: 11
    It talks of BG EE, will it work with BG2 EE?
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Not sure if you're still updating this, @LiamEsler, but I just wanted to point out for you and everyone that theacefes's lovely Sarah NPC mod has been updated for BG2EE for a while now, though she can only be gotten from the forums- http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=26145. Apparently, the download center was being mean.
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    Any updates on Ascension? : )
  • Belegur01Belegur01 Member Posts: 7
    Just out of curiosity, what happens if you try and install the current version of Item Upgrade in BG2:EE? I've tried it, and there weren't any error messages in WeiDU. The item descriptions also appear to be accurate, and the dialogues with Cromwell seem to work, too. If I have to reinstall the game, I'm not too bothered, but looking at it superficially, the mod seems to work fine as is.
  • RisgethRisgeth Member Posts: 1
    I'm back to Baldu's Gate saga after 12 years or so thanks to enhanced editions. I've never done any modding before, so I need some advice from much more experienced users.
    I've heard about a mod that can increase the level cap to 50. My question is if it's available for BGII:EE? IF so can somebody please direct me to that mod? I'm sorry if that was answered before (probably it was many times) but despite searching through forum I haven't found that. I only googled that BG2 tweak pack can do that but for the 'old' version of BG2. Not sure if the one mentioned on page 1 of this thread has this option to, so I'd appreciate help.
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    edited June 2014
    The BGII Tweak pack is compatible and works for both BGI:EE and BGII:EE.
    http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/
  • kimmuryielkimmuryiel Member Posts: 89
    dumb question, but anyone know why I can SEE class kits from mods (like Six's Kit Pack and RTT Kit Pack), but I can't select them.
  • dlnorthcdlnorthc Member Posts: 4

dumb question, but anyone know why I can SEE class kits from mods (like Six's Kit Pack and RTT Kit Pack), but I can't select them.

Old kits were broken with patch 1.2.

The newest release of WeiDU can be used to apply class kits again, but the pre-1.2 class kits won't work without being re-coded.

• masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Probably worth noting that a new version of Fade NPC was released a few days ago, including BG2EE compatibility and TOB content
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    edited June 2014
    [in progress] Wings - Quest and Expansion for Aerie.

Not much of the main quest or friendship path done yet, but there's a few encounters, and maybe a surprise and easter egg or two.
  • BlackskullBlackskull Member Posts: 14
    I really wanna play ascension mod but it didnt update. when it will be updated? Can i check progression logs anywhere?
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I can't even put into words how unbelievably grateful I am, that you put together this list for everyone ;3;
    You are a true hero UvU
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

I really wanna play ascension mod but it didnt update. when it will be updated? Can i check progression logs anywhere?

The version of Ascension in the Big Picture mod is BG2EE compatible.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/492672/#Comment_492672
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Argh, ran into an annoying bug. I have multiple mods installed, so I don't know which is the problem but for one, even though I put all the banter stuff on 60min (if I had the choice) the party sometimes has up to six banters directly after each other, sometimes repeating themselves. Seems to happen every time I enter a new "friendly" area.

The other glitch I ran into is regarding Yoshimo who wants to initiate a dialouge with me as soon as I left Aumaunator's temple through the dragon's lair (he was pretty much just standing around during the fight against the shadelord even though I told him repeatedly to attack). It seems to be a similar problem I had with Coran in the BG1 NPC Project.

Here my WeiDu log:
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~AJANTISBG2/SETUP-AJANTISBG2.TP2~ #1 #0 // Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII-SoA: 11
    ~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xan NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II: v14
    ~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install alternate class for Xan? -> Change Xan's class to Fighter/Mage: v14
    ~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn: V14
    ~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal: V14
    ~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Extended NPC-NPC Interaction SoA: V4.2
    ~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Extended Minsc/Aerie Interaction ToB: V4.2
    ~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Imoen "Retrospection" dialogue for BGII: ToB: V4.2
    ~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wake-Up dialogue for Anomen Romance (By David Gaider with additions from Kulyok): V4.2
    ~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #4 // NPC Conflict Revisions: V4.2
    ~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Restored Aerie/Jaheira/Anomen interjection in Underdark: V4.2
    ~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #11 // Install Banter Accelerator? How much time would you like in between NPC banters in-game? -> 60 Minutes: V4.2
    ~VICONIA/SETUP-VICONIA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Viconia Friendship: v3.3
    ~MAZZY/SETUP-MAZZY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Mazzy Friendship: v2.2
    ~YOSHIMO/YOSHIMO.TP2~ #0 #0 // Yoshimo Friendship Mod for BGII: SoA: 2.2
    ~YOSHIMOROMANCE/YOSHIMOROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Yoshimo Romance - additional romance for original BG2 non-player character
    ~YOSHIMOROMANCE/YOSHIMOROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Yoshimo additional talks for SoA. May be installed without or with romance (OPTIONAL)
    ~YOSHIMOROMANCE/YOSHIMOROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Yoshimo Romance - ToB part (OPTIONAL)
    ~SETUP-EDWINROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Edwin Romance: v2.0.4
    ~SETUP-EDWINROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Restore Edwin's BG1 portrait: v2.0.4
    ~SETUP-EDWINROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Edwin flirts: v2.0.4
    ~IMOENFRIENDSHIP/IMOENFRIENDSHIP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Imoen Friendship: 2.1
    ~SAREVOKFRIENDSHIP/SAREVOKFRIENDSHIP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sarevok Friendship for BGII: ToB: 1
    ~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA: v1.03
    ~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB: v1.03
    ~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA: v1.03
    ~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for TOB: v1.03
    ~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA: v1.03
    ~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Viconia Flirt Pack for TOB: v1.03
    ~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #12 // Anomen Flirt Pack for SOA: v1.03
    ~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen Flirt Pack for TOB: v1.03
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie, Anomen, Jaheira and Viconia React to Romantic Encounters: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Storms and Lightning, by berelinde (Weathermistress Ada, adult content): v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aimi's Magic, by berelinde (adult content): v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Anishai's Deft Hands, by cmorgan: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #4 // An Evening with Aran, by Kulyok: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Bjornin's Desire, by jastey (adult content): v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Bodhi's Allure, by Kulyok (adult content): v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Trademeet with Guildmistress Busya, by magrat: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #8 // The Gambling Cambion, by Kulyok: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Chanelle's Gifts, by cmorgan (adult content): v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #10 // A Night with Coran, by magrat: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Cyric's Test, by Kulyok: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #12 // A Tryst with a Pirate Lord, by Kulyok (Desharik, adult content): v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #13 // A Lonely Dryad, by Kulyok (adult content): v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Eldoth' Exploits, by Kulyok: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #16 // Elhan's Expansion, by Kulyok: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #17 // Firkraag's Unsheathed Sword: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Gaelan's Contract, by Evaine Dian: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #19 // A Walk with Garren Windspear, by Kulyok: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Hendak's Heart, by jastey: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #22 // Ilona, a Merchant's Daughter, by Kulyok: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #23 // Jarlaxle's Fascinations, by Catseye: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #24 // A Night with Lais in Imnesvale, by Kulyok: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #25 // Laran's Promise, by berelinde (adult content): v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #26 // The Love Song of Logan, Lord Coprith, by Ajnos: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #27 // Mekrath and Nymphology, by Kulyok: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #28 // Mira's Special Stock, by berelinde: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #29 // Noober Returns, by cmorgan: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #30 // Rebecca the Gypsy, by Kulyok: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #31 // Renal Bloodscalp: A Dangerous Affair, by cmorgan (adult content): v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #32 // Old Ribald's Speciality, by Evaine Dian: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #33 // Sir Ryan Trawl, by Kulyok: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #34 // Saemon, a Pirate, by Kulyok (adult content): v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #35 // Dreaming of Sendai, by Kulyok: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #36 // Sheri the Bardess, by cmorgan (adult content): v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #37 // Solaufein in the Lust Chambers, by jastey: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #38 // Phaere's Reward, by berelinde (Talak, pleasure slave, adult content): v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #39 // Spell Research with Teos, by Kulyok: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #41 // Isabelle's Fears, by gertjanvh (adult content): v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #42 // Anne's Rescue, by gertjanvh (adult content): v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #43 // The Queen, by Domi: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #44 // Valygar Romance, by Kulyok: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #45 // Rehearsal with Chandra, by Western Paladin: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #46 // Goldander Blackenrock: After a Party, by magrat: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #47 // A Chat with Viekang, by magrat: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #48 // Bravery or Folly? by Aeryn (Sarevok, adult content): v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #49 // Blame the Moon, by Aeryn (Cernd): v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #50 // Cernick's Confession, by Cal Jones: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #51 // Valygar Romance ToB, by Kulyok: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #52 // Minsc. Takes. A Bath, by Thimblerig: v8
    ~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #53 // Nizidramanii'yt's Vanity, by Thimblerig: v8
    ~HAERDALISROMANCE/HAERDALISROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Haer'Dalis Romance (SoA & ToB): v2
    ~SAREVOKROMANCE/SAREVOKROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aeryn's Sarevok Romance for BGII: Throne of Bhaal: 1.2
    ~XANBG1VOICE/SETUP-XANBG1VOICE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Original BG1 soundset for Xan BG2 NPC: v2
  • YosharianYosharian Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2014
    Never mind, found the info I needed
  • jcollier7jcollier7 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2014
    Greetings Everyone!
    I am getting ready for my next play-through and am strongly considering trying out some of these mods. Does anyone know if they are still compatible with the latest Steam version of Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition?

I have found Gibberlings and Pocket Plane mods to "Install Successfully" (not yet sure if they work); however, all of the mods that I have tried from the other sites such as SHS Forums have failed to install.

I get the lines: Install component "Undefined String @(numbers).
    ERROR: No translation provided for @(numbers) (ex: @5001)

I also get many other errors relating to the specific mod- such as for Arath I get:
    ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "arath/images/ee")

And for bpseries
    ERROR: Sys_error("bpseries/ds/ds.tph: no such file or directory")

Thanks for your support!
    And yes I am extracting and installing the mod files to the folder with the game directory and chitin.key)
    Post edited by jcollier7 on
  • RoctaviusRoctavius Member Posts: 2
    So, I too purchased the game from Steam sale, and wanted to set it up with the latest mods and tweaks. 60 mods? Seriously? Which of these are critical?
    edited July 2014
    jcollier7 said:

Greetings Everyone!
    I am getting ready for my next play-through and am strongly considering trying out some of these mods. Does anyone know if they are still compatible with the latest Steam version of Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition?

I have found Gibberlings and Pocket Plane mods to "Install Successfully" (not yet sure if they work); however, all of the mods that I have tried from the other sites such as SHS Forums have failed to install.

I get the lines: Install component "Undefined String @(numbers).
    ERROR: No translation provided for @(numbers) (ex: @5001)

I also get many other errors relating to the specific mod- such as for Arath I get:
    ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "arath/images/ee")

And for bpseries
    ERROR: Sys_error("bpseries/ds/ds.tph: no such file or directory")

Thanks for your support!
    And yes I am extracting and installing the mod files to the folder with the game directory and chitin.key)

It sounds like WeiDU can't find the mod's files. Here is a possibility for what is happening (hard to say with certainty without seeing the contents of your BGEE directory):

You unpack the archive for the 'Teapot Mod' (just an example). This creates a directory called "Teapot-Mod-v1". Inside this directory are three items:

A subdirectory: teapot-mod (contains the mod's files)
    A file: setup-teapot-mod.tp2
    A program: setup-teapot-mod.exe

You should copy these three items to the BGEE directory where CHITIN.KEY lives. If you copy the Teapot-Mod-v1 directory itself to the BGEE directory, all the paths in the file setup-teapot-mod.tp2 will be wrong. The files should be in "teapot-mod/" not "Teapot-Mod-v1/teapot-mod/".

edited July 2014
    AstroBryGuy,
    Thank you for the speedy response! I am away right now so I cannot access my laptop at the moment-- saturday or sunday I will update on the situation.

Thanks again.

Edit: After reading through your response a few more times I think I know where I made a mistake. I will update in a few days!
    Post edited by jcollier7 on
  • AcruxAcrux Member Posts: 11
    Roctavius said:

So, I too purchased the game from Steam sale, and wanted to set it up with the latest mods and tweaks. 60 mods? Seriously? Which of these are critical?

You must be new to the BG series. Loading 60+ mods into a game isn't that unusual. These are most (but definitely not all) of the popular mods that people have been clamoring to have for the EE version, with a few new mods as well.

Now, which are critical? If by critical you mean necessary fixes, then none. The BG2 Fixpack clears up most of those, and the majority of it's components are already included in the BG2EE code. Most of the mods in this list are additional quests or NPCs. If you're interested in some convenience options, BG2 Tweaks has some features, such as unlimited stacks of ammo, potions, and scrolls.

A note of caution: Be careful to go through each readme before installation, and have it handy as you install mod components. There are a lot of options in these mods, some of which you may not like or may not be compatible with other mods.
  • RoctaviusRoctavius Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Acrux for your response. Phew! I was a little overwhelmed.
    I've installed the BG2 Tweaks pack, Sword Coast Stratgems, BPSeries AI Scripts.
    I am excited to say that I got all the mods installing now! I never had all three essential components (mod directory folder, mod setup application, and tp2 file) in the game directory folder at the same time during installation. Putting each of these three components in the game directory worked like a charm! Appreciate the help AstroBryGuy!

Now that I am posting I am curious if there is a working mod compatible with bg2ee that increases font size-- or if there is a tweak that would do that. My 1920 x 1080 resolution screen makes it a task to read. The game is still playable at the default font; but it could be nicer if it were bigger.

While I am at it I will ask one more question: If Beamdog updates the game to a new version will the mods corrupt the game? I read somewhere that you would need to reinstall the mods in the same order that you had initially installed them.

All the best
    jcollier7 said:

Now that I am posting I am curious if there is a working mod compatible with bg2ee that increases font size-- or if there is a tweak that would do that. My 1920 x 1080 resolution screen makes it a task to read. The game is still playable at the default font; but it could be nicer if it were bigger.

While I am at it I will ask one more question: If Beamdog updates the game to a new version will the mods corrupt the game? I read somewhere that you would need to reinstall the mods in the same order that you had initially installed them.

All the best

An adjustable font size is coming in the v1.3 patch, AFAIK. With v1.2, you should be able to toggle UI Scaling on and off. With it on, I think the font is bigger (well, it appears so to me). It's in the options under Graphics.

Yes, an update of the game requires that mods be reinstalled after the update. To best preserve compatibility with previous saved games, you should install the mods in the same order (and with the same options) so that the string references are the same.
  • SorrowSeerSorrowSeer Member Posts: 144
    Hi to everyone.
    Where can I find info on BG:EE (part 1) compatibility with mods?

Hi to everyone.
    Where can I find info on BG:EE (part 1) compatibility with mods?

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/15380/bg-ee-mods-and-modding-tutorials-quick-links/p1
This discussion has been closed.