Skip to content

BGII:EE Compatible Mod List

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,711
    Huh, thanks, @Foggy. I suppose I should work on the compatibility...
    The new release will be a NPC, however joining the character is a bit like a quest, so... I hope you'll like it.
    I think I can tell you that the mod will add a spellcaster, but VERY different to usual mages and wizards.
  • vangoatvangoat Member Posts: 212
    Thraxx said:

OH C'MON!!!
    I know it's a big mod, but who do I need to pay / fuck to get Ascension compatible for BG2EE?
    Been patient for 2 months -.-

The problem is for anyone who played BG2 after Ascension was released, it's basically canon. You don't go back to playing regular ToB after Ascension.

Gimme gimme
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    P'm playing Sellswords right now and loving it
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    edited January 2014
    I am going to install Sellswords right now not only because I've heard good things about it but also because Chapter 6 is virtually non-existent if you did all the fun quests in Chapter 2. So havng something to do is an excellent option.
  • StaglordStaglord Member Posts: 27
    @LiamEsler

I was just wondering if mods like the ones on the BG EE mods and modding tutorials that a compatible will join the list here? Are they missing due to lack of testing (are not campatible and the like) or is there some other reason?
    Examples:

[BG2:EE SoA MOD] Saradas Magic 2 [ENG] V_1.2
    [Item Mod] More Style for Mages, for BG2:EE
    IWDification - If it works?

Among some of the kit packages?

Thanks
  • ValakovValakov Member Posts: 7
    IWDification works to an extent, some of the spells seem bugged (the first level druid spell just blinds, no damage) and i havent found a merchant that offers the spells, but installed it on a pre-existing game, so might not have set right. Otherwise, the druid/cleric spells show up as advertised in the spell books once you level up once post install, and the mage spells will show up when creating new charname - and can be added via eekeeper either as scrolls or directly to spells known.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Valakov This could be an effect of installing the mod in a game already in progress... Do you still have those problems hen you start a new game?
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited January 2014
    Valakov said:

IWDification works to an extent, some of the spells seem bugged (the first level druid spell just blinds, no damage) and i havent found a merchant that offers the spells, but installed it on a pre-existing game, so might not have set right. Otherwise, the druid/cleric spells show up as advertised in the spell books once you level up once post install, and the mage spells will show up when creating new charname - and can be added via eekeeper either as scrolls or directly to spells known.

You can buy them at the Adventurer Mart (by Lady Yuth), in the Waukeen Promenade (by Galoomp the Bookkeeper) and probably in other places.

The mod works perfectly, as it creates no conflicts. The bug of that druid spell isn't related to its compatibility.
  • ValakovValakov Member Posts: 7
    Perhaps my post sounded off, for that I apologize. No, I have not restarted a game to recheck mechants simply because I was far enough along in current game for it to not really be worth it. Also, a bit new to bg modding, so my install method quite possibly was also faulty, I removed override folder, and reinstalled all my mods with IWD In order before bg2tweak, scs,atweak. Spells themselves work fine as I said, and twas easy enough to eekeeper in the mage spells to check them out.

Thought my post was clear on my own faults in regards to install, did not by any extent for it to come off as a non-recommendation.
  • darkly180darkly180 Member Posts: 19
    Anyone who can't wait for Ascension to be converted can try the Big Picture version. Please refer to the link below for my suggestions:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29107/ascension-five-death-script-glitch-spoilers#latest
  • Oldbones2Oldbones2 Member Posts: 4
    Need a bit of help here. Trying to install certain mods Tweak Pack, DC, Tales of Deep Garden fail due to not being in the 'game' directory, not in the infinity engine directory.

Yet others, such as Banter pack work just fine. Anyone else had this problem? Or a solution?
  • Guy123Guy123 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys, I need help getting a mod to work for bg2ee. Im trying to get the Xan NPC mod to work but to no avail. I extracted the file into steam/steamapps/common/bg2ee/data. I thought that should be all that was needed, is this the correct way to doing things? Am I missing a step? Did I extract to the wrong folder? I use windows 7, does that matter? the readme file says there is a setup file for changing Xan to a fighter/mage (i dont) when i extract it to the directory, but i cant open it (asks me if I want to search the internet for software to open the file). Any help would be appreciated.
  • IselethIseleth Member Posts: 15
    edited January 2014
    @Guy123 You must extract the files to the main directory for the game ; in your case, that should be the Bg2ee folder, not the data folder. Then, you have to run the executable that comes with the mod to install it.
  • DeioDeio Member Posts: 23
    Where can you get more information on how the Ascension mod is coming along for BG2:EE ?

• enigmaticfluffenigmaticfluff Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    I just wanted to give a HUGE thank you to /everyone/ working on converting these mods over to BG2EE. The game occupied a large percentage of my youth and (unfortunately) set a high standard of excellence for future games. It seriously means a great deal to me!

Sappiness aside, as your resident shadowdancer I would very much adore seeing Song & Silence converted. Sword & Fist, too!

Much love to you all and the still awesome community!

PS - I made some custom portraits attached below of my character Aiden, a shadowdancer (obviously) and my boyfriend's character Ronmol, a mage. Please enjoy!

• FuineFuine Member Posts: 40
    Hi all. There was a mod that add Monk high level abilities but I forgot which one. Can anyone remember ?
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    Fuine said:

Hi all. There was a mod that add Monk high level abilities but I forgot which one. Can anyone remember ?

An option in the Oversight mod (G3).
    And very likely the refinements mod (SHS).
  • unholy_avengerunholy_avenger Member Posts: 29
    Any news on the state of progress of Ascension? I just can't play ToB without it.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Fighter Rebalancing mod and the Tweak Pack also change Monk's HLA if memory serves...
    Thx everyone
    edited January 2014
    Hi everyone again.
    I am planning the install the mods below and I will add Ascension to the top when it comes out.

Tales of the Deep Gardens
    Dungeon Crawl
    Assassinations
    Back to Brynnlaw
    The Sellswords
    I Shall Never Forget
    Adalon's Blood
    CoM Encounters
    Ajantis Portrait Pack for BG(II):EE
    Vampire Tales
    Unfinished Business
    Almateria's Restoration Proje
    Wheels of Prophecy
    BG2 Tweak Pack
    Rogue Rebalancing
    Sword Coast Stratagems
    aTweaks

Does anyone know if there are any compatibility issues between them? Or would they play well?
    Thx in advance.
  • nebnoslonebnoslo Member Posts: 1
    Let's say I didn't install the "Romance Cheat" part of the tweakpack, and I already have everything installed; if I re-install the tweakpack, selecting "no change" on everything except the "allow all races romance options," will that now mess up my game?
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @nebsolo Romance compatibility is checked and set when you start a new game only, at least for Bioware characters (I'm quite sure BG2 Tweaks only handles them anyway). So, although installing the component now wouldn't mess your game, it's not going to be effective either, unless you start a new game.
  • PetrusPetrus Member Posts: 1
    I just wanted to echo the many other people above and say thank you so much for all of your hard work, both in creating the expanded edition and for the many, many mods! I only ever played vanilla as a kid and relied on cheese to get through the tough battles. For nostalgia's sake I did an assassin playthrough on the vanilla BG and BG2:EE (so needless to say cheese was still a feature), but now I'm doing an SCS playthrough as a cleric/illusionist and having a lot of fun learning how to fight the different AI. Next up, Kivan and Deheriana -- and of course Ascension. Don't heed the naysayers, modders! I'm having plenty of fun in the meantime! :-D
    Say I am using Tweak pack, SCS and aTweaks and I did install them in order as in the list indicates. And whenI am done I decided to change on of the components of Tweak pack. Can I just run setup exe of tweak pack or should I first uninstall all the SCS and aTweaks before I can mess with Tweak pack?
  • NeimerionNeimerion Member Posts: 1
    Hello, someone know when Sarah NPC mod will be compatible with BG II EE ? I see that it is in progress.
  • AvenelAvenel Member Posts: 94
    Is there any update on the Kivan and Deheriana mod? I have been waiting for this one for a while now, and I do hope it is still being worked on...
  • NightmareWraithNightmareWraith Member Posts: 77
    How do you install a mod with the steam version, I've looked around and it has said to install in and override folder, or in the case of the shapeshifter rebalance mod inside Data\00783 but when I go into the data folder there is no folder labelled 00783, so yeah how do I install mods with steam version of BG2EE
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited February 2014
    Still waiting on Oversight, but only for the Monk HLAs.

Oh yeah, and Refinements too. Those HLAs look tasty.

EDIT: Oversight Monk HLAs actually do work if you remove the "This requires ToB" line in the .tp2 file. However, it only works for regular Monks and not its new kits. Adding these HLAs to the kits should be as easy as modifying the proper HLA .2da files in NearInfinity, right? I've never done any manual BG modding.
    Post edited by Flashburn on
This discussion has been closed.