Skip to content

BGII:EE Compatible Mod List

Comments

• SomberlainSomberlain Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know if Xulaye is compatible with BG2:EE? I know it hasn't been officially updated for EE, but maybe someone has tried it anyway?
  • imperviousimpervious Member Posts: 14
    Having a problem running IEP Extended banters and Imoen friendship. I get error message: ! C:\Users\Armored Princess\Downloads\iepbanters_v4.2.rar: Unexpected end of archive when trying to install.
    Any ideas anyone?
  • Rylorn23Rylorn23 Member Posts: 77
    May someone please tell me, if Weimer's item upgrade works with version 1.3? Thanks.
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    Rylorn23 said:

May someone please tell me, if Weimer's item upgrade works with version 1.3? Thanks.

Yes, it does.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    The OP definitely needs an update.
    Also, the disclaimer for non-English speakers should be deleted.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    Aedan said:

I didn't see in the patch documentation any mention that the game wasn't expecting only UTF-8 characters in the texts anymore. WeiDU 237 now includes a function to add east installation time conversion of the texts to UTF-8 when on a EE game, but all mods are not yet updated to use that method or some older alternative way to provide UTF-8 texts.
    Are you sure this requirement disappeared with the 1.3 patch? Otherwise the disclaimer is still valid.
    However it's true that several mods on the list have been upated to allow proper installation in non-english languages.
  • T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
    argent77 said:

Tyris Flare NPC v7 (final) has been released. It is fully compatible with BG2:EE and contains many bugfixes.

You can find the download link in this post.

Good luck, no one cares about us android users
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Aedan said:

OP hasn't been online in over a year or something. Perhaps another mod can un-sticky this because the information insn't current.
    Isaya said:

However it's true that several mods on the list have been upated to allow proper installation in non-english languages.

If the mod has been updated, you can play it with other languages with no issues.
    Lots of players read that disclaimer and do not install any mods because of that.
    An update is definitely needed. You can say which mod has language support, but something needs to be done.

OP hasn't been online in over a year or something. Perhaps another mod can un-sticky this because the information insn't current.

Indeed.

@mlnevese, can you do something about it?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited March 2015
    @Aedan If someone can give me a list of all updates I'll update the OP.
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    @mlnevese http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34882/list-bg2-ee-mod-list - that thread atttempts to collect mods unmentioned in this guide. It is more complete than this thread.
    @smeagolheart
    Insightful!
  • MaxanderMaxander Member Posts: 18
    Sorry if someone already asked this question but how exactly do you install a mod now with enhanced edition?

I've tried it, placing the files into the folder where I had BG2ee installed before running the setup but everytime I do I get a message saying:

FATAL ERROR:<"Not a game directory">

This is probably all because I made some stupid misstake but I would love some advice on how to get this working.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    The game directory location depends on your operating system and which online shop you bought it from. It may be a few level below where you installed the game. Browse sub-folders to find the right place.
    In all case, to identify it, look for a directory that contains a file called chitin.key and several sub-directories named data, lang, movies, music and script.
  • MaxanderMaxander Member Posts: 18
    @Isaya
    Thanks a lot :)
  • T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
    None work for android
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    So, any throwing war hammer weapon mod avaliable?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Just happened to stumble across an NPC mod which doesn't seem to be in the list which has now recieved BG2EE compatibilty: the Yvette romance mod.

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/981-yvette-romance-v30/
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited July 2015
    kamuizin said:

So, any throwing war hammer weapon mod avaliable?

Yep. It's a mod by @miloch.

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/34099-thrown-hammers/
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    Given that @Musigny (bless his name) working on Tactic mod, now remain only one legend...

Does anyone have any news about Ascension?
    If I remember correctly @Cuv worked on it, but for a long time I have not heard any information.
    BG2:EE simply can not work without Tactic and Ascension :smile:
  • nusquamessenusquamesse Member Posts: 3
    I have looked everywhere, asked almost everywhere re: the Adrian NPC mod -- is the creator still around? Also, if you uninstall and reinstall NPC mods, would you need to start a new game?
  • DeriloreDerilore Member Posts: 44
    Any update on bg2 tactics or ascension
    ?
  • DarkchanterDarkchanter Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2015
    I managed to get this installed on PC by first extracting to C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00783\ then I created an override subfolder and copied ./lang/en-US/dialog.tlk to the 783 directory.

Installed and copied the dialog.tlk back over the english one.

er... Weimer's item upgrade, i.e.
  • SaulerSauler Member Posts: 100
    Why Tower of deception doesn't appears in the compatible mod list?
  • GodKaiserHellGodKaiserHell Member Posts: 398
    Unsticky this thread already....
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @GodKaiserHell Why should we unsticky this thread?

We have another stikied thread in the same forum section - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/34882/list-bg2-ee-mod-list-additions/ - that works as an addition to this thread.

While the two of them are stikied, everyone wondering about BG2EE-compatible mods can easily find everything he/she wants in these threads.
    edited August 2015
    bengoshi said:

@GodKaiserHell Why should we unsticky this thread?

It's clearly outdated ("edited December 2013") and with useless info:

"DISCLAIMER FOR NON-ENGLISH SPEAKERS
    Please do not use non-English translations for mods, as it may cause freezes due to charset inconsistencies. I'm hoping to resolve this soon, but in the meantime -- stick to English translations only!"
    bengoshi said:

While the two of them are stikied, everyone wondering about BG2EE-compatible mods can easily find everything he/she wants in these threads.

Ok.

Edit:
    No links.
    Post edited by GodKaiserHell on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @GodKaiserHell I think that the date of the OP here doesn't matter. If someone wants newer information, he just can check the second thread.

And if certain mods are not in the list, you can kindly write about them in the second thread, so that they could be included into the list: as by @Darkersun 's words, "if I overlooked something, please let me know".
    Roger that.
This discussion has been closed.