Skip to content

BGII:EE Compatible Mod List

Comments

• Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Oh that explains it then! Thanks @jastey‌ . I have a vague memory of accidently pressing the wrong number when I installed one of them. ut I tought I had fixed that... Hmm.

But are you saying that it can't be changed now in-game? As in, I have to do the whole thing over again?
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Well, you could play in the language the mods are installed to... But there is no in-game way of changing the language version the mods got installed to, unfortunately. Someone with the knowledge how would have to walk you through how to install them to the right language version (you'll have to deinstall them, first).
  • DeltharisDeltharis Member Posts: 124
    @smeagolheart‌ http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34882/list-bg2-ee-mod-list - that thread atttempts to collect mods unmentioned in this guide. Probably in no way complete but after all it is a casual community effort.
  • NebNeb Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2015
    I have two question which I believe are rather simple and just not answered by myself:

1. Is Ascension in Big Picture or in BP Series Party AI? I cannot find it in either. When installing I suppose it is in one of the core elements and not explicitly mentioned?

2. In this list the mod 'More Style for Mages' is mentioned as compatible. However, I cannot see (since it is not described) when I would have to install it in order to avert errors. Are there any experiences with this mod?
    Post edited by Neb on
    @Neb‌
    1. It is in Big Picture (unsuprisingly). It's part of ToB improvements (or other such name), to be sure just agree to show all the components, get Core components (which are a requirement) and keep pressing no until you reach Ascension.

2 I'm no expert, but as an item mod it should most probably come around Weimars Item Upgrades (though before or after I cannot say).
    Thank you, I'll probably go without style.

Another, and I hope last, question:
    When trying to install Weimer's Item Upgrade, the following error occurs:

Using ./lang/en_us/dialog.tlk

Couldn't open the readme: file not found.
    ERROR: No translation provided for @1
    Continuing despite error.
    ERROR: No translation provided for @1
    Continuing despite error.

Install Component [UNDEFINED STRING: @1]?
    [N]o, [Q]uit or choose one:
    1] Original list version
    2] Revised consistency plus version
    @Neb There aren't many possibilities of that going wrong as far as I know...
    - Can you confirm that you in fact have folder c2 in your Baldurs Gate II location, and that it contains readme files etc? If it does not - you somehow did not unpack it correctly.
    - Can you confirm that file "setup-itemupgrade.tp2" contains the correct path to the folder you checked above?
    - Did you use the new WeiDU version? .exe file shoud have around 900KB if you did.
  • CaeradwinCaeradwin Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

does any of you know if Quest Pack v3 and The Undying Mod can be installed together with any mod from the list in the first post? And if yes, in which order?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    @neb it can't find the .tra file that was included with the mod for some reason.
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    I'd like to use the Saerileth, UB, Ascension, and Dungeon-Be-Gone mods on the Android version of BG:II EE. Any advice on how to mod the Android edition?
    @Deltharis‌ all the possibiliets you mentioned are ruled out. I cannot find any reason, I even tried renaming c2 to itemupgrade (the same as the .tp2 file) but nothing changes.
    I have found a solution to the occurring error-messages when installing Weimer's Item Upgrade and Dungeon-Be-Gone on the Mac App Store version.

Apparently the difficulty lies in the mod-folders not having the same name as the .tp2 files (jassy and setup-dungeonbegone.tp2; c2 and setup-itemupgrade.tp2). Simply changing the folder's name to the one of the .tp2 file is not sufficient. What worked for me, though I have no idea why, was this:
    Extract the mod twice and save two versions in the resource folder, one with the name it comes with and one with the changed name that matches the .tp2 file (e.g. in the resource folder there are now two folders: one called c2 with the setup-itemupgrade.tp2 and one called itemupgrade wirth the setup-itemupgrade.tp2 in it).
  • Jenova4Jenova4 Member Posts: 3
    New Here- only joined because I am having tons of trouble trying to install the edwin romance mod for BG 2: EE on the mac. I managed to find the directory that contains Chitin.key and I put everything in as I did on my PC, but when I run the WeiDU executable I get two error messages:

** ERROR ** [SETUP-EDWINROMANCE.TP2] not found.
    Make sure that you have unpacked the archive correctly and
    that you are not trying to run this file from inside an archive.
    ERROR: Unable to find CHITIN.KEY in:
    ../..
    ../../..
    /

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Unable to find CHITIN.KEY: run me in an Infinity Engine game directory")

Both the tp2 and chitin.key are in the same folder as the installer. What am I doing wrong?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited January 2015
    @Jenova4 - Are you trying to run the installer by double-clicking? That won't work. When you double-click on an executable, the working directory is not set to be the folder that contains the executable, it will be your home directory. WeiDU needs the working directory to be the one where the CHITIN.KEY file is.

If you're comfortable with the command line, you can install from the Terminal. Check out my guide to installing mods on OSX.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/31155/the-hitchhikers-guide-to-installing-mods-on-osx/p1

If you want to be able to launch the installer by double-clicking in the Finder, you can use @subtledoctor‌'s excellent OSX Mod Installer Tool.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17717/tool-easy-mod-installer-weidu-launcher-for-os-x/p1
  • SleeplesSleeples Member Posts: 18
    Hi guys, has any1 tried BP mod for bg 2 ee? Ive tried, pretty cool, but so far im hav ing big troubles with thieves/assasins - they become invisible, BUT dont attack! They just stay invisible and follow ur group,therefore u can't save game or rest or kill em, u can purge invisibility or use true sight, but itsnt convenient at all! Does any1 know how to fix this trouble (mby i should delete some component)? Also Id like to get a working "download link" for Sword Coast strategems, cant download from gibberlings if u have 1 please post it or send mod to ma e-mail - andrey1022@gmail.com

^NX in advance
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @LiamEsler I'm curious why we cannot use BWP-Install-Order for BG:EE,BGII:EE and EET. Could you please elaborate about this a lite bit? I would also ask for an updated version of this list since there are some new mods but knowing how such task is a time consuming monster I won't count on it.
  • Tomato9999Tomato9999 Member Posts: 30
    Petsy NPC, Kivan/daheiriana npc, as well as rogue rebalancing seem to be working fine for me
  • Frank the tankFrank the tank Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2015
    Hi all, I have a question pertaining to spell inclusions in BG2 EE. I apologize in advance if there is a smack-in-the-face obvious mod/thread about this particular issue; the amount of user-created content for these games is a tad overwhelming.

Simply, I am looking to include some of my favourite IWD spells in BG2 EE, such as Seven Eyes, Soul Eater, etc. After a quick search, I found a G3 mod titled IWD-ification, but I am unclear as to whether said mod is compatible with BG2 EE. Moreover, it seemed to have last been updated in 2013 and also stated that several spells (including those I mentioned above) simply could not be carried over to BG2 EE at all.

Could anyone give me some insight as to whether IWD spells can be implemented in BG2 EE and if so, what mod I should turn to for that?

Many thanks.
  • aurelianoaureliano Member Posts: 2
    Hello there.

I have recently returned to play BG1 + BG2 and was amazed to discover such a great community of modders in the net. Way to go people!

Now, I have installed BG1EE+BG2EE, played them a bit and then downloaded the EEkeeper.
    Recently I installed some of the mods which were said to be compatible with the EE version. Here are the names and the order of installation of those mods:
    1. Tashia (NPC)
    2. Imoen Friendship
    3. Edwin Romance
    4. Viconia Friendship
    5. De'Arnise Romance

In my current game I am trying to play out the De'Arnise Romance. However each time a modded conversation starts, instead of the proper text I get an "Invalid" message with a number, such as 17553 or so.
    The original conversations and the De'Arnise quest went along just fine.

Could you please tell me what is needed to be done to fix this?

Thanks a lot!
  • Max_SpartaMax_Sparta Member Posts: 10
    Perhaps a mod load order issue? I had a lot of invalid message errors but i just chucked the mods on in any old order. If you look at page one of this thread it actually lists the mods in the order they should be installed to help prevent conflicts between them. I did this on my current run and have most of the mods you have installed too and so far im issue free.

Well I say that. I do have Jaheira running around with a spell failure ailment i cant seem to remove but im not sure if thats a mod issue or a bug :/
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    edited January 2015
    @aureliano You have most likely installed the mods for the wrong game language. You can check it by opening the file "weidu.conf" with a text editor. You can find the file in the game's root folder. It contains the currently selected game language (e.g. "en_us" for english or "de_de" for german).

To fix it, you have to uninstall all of your mods (uninstall them in reversed order to save time) and delete the file "weidu.conf". Afterwards reinstall all your mods. The first mod you're installing will ask you in which language you wish to play the game (don't confuse it with the language selection of the mod itself).

If you can install all of your mods in exactly the same order as the first time, chances are high that you can continue your current game without issues.
  • SBOG4215SBOG4215 Member Posts: 8
    Hey guys, first time modder here. I'm unable to start a new game (in either SoA or ToB) because when I click on the New Game button the game crashes and I get an error pop-up. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with one of the mods I've installed because vanilla worked fine. I tried to make sure each mod was compatible, and installed in the right order, but I may have missed one (it's a decent list!). This is the second run I've had trying to install these mods, and after hours of getting no where, I was hoping for some help. Was hoping someone could take a look below and point me in the right direction. Any support is much appreciated!

WeiDU list attached.

PS Tried uninstalling aTweaks and Isandir potraits (and it seems to have automatically uninstalled SCS???) but no luck.

• SBOG4215SBOG4215 Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2015
    Update: I started from scratch, following the same order as before and checking the game after each mod installed. It seems like Divine Remix is causing the problem (as uninstalling it fixed the problem!)! Not sure about the specific component which might be causing it.

Update 2: It seems to be the sphere component causing the crashes. Installed everything else from Divine Remix and no problems.
    Post edited by SBOG4215 on
  • aurelianoaureliano Member Posts: 2
    argent77 said:

@aureliano You have most likely installed the mods for the wrong game language. =

Thank you for your fast comments.
    I checked the file - the language was ok. I re-installed the game while keeping the saved games. Seems to work ok now. Magic, that is :-)
  • NivekSirrahNivekSirrah Member Posts: 2
    for anyone having problems recently, there was a patch for the game that might have messed with your mods. Though it would seem reinstalling the mods will fix it. I do not know for sure about all the mods yet though.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Always reinstall your mods after updating any of the EE games as it will wipe them out. Also take note of the order you used when installing mods and make sure to reinstall them in the same order.
  • BolkoBolko Member Posts: 15
    well i am waiting till Soualfein mod will be compatible with BG 2 EE:(
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Tyris Flare NPC v7 (final) has been released. It is fully compatible with BG2:EE and contains many bugfixes.

You can find the download link in this post.
This discussion has been closed.