Skip to content

Hexxat romance option

Comments

• Cimmerian1xCimmerian1x Member Posts: 32
    I want my human male barbarian to romance Jaheira somehow folks!
  • Marcus01123Marcus01123 Member Posts: 21
    Shin said:

It's easily moddable. With an editor like NI that lets you edit dialogue and script files, you can simply remove the lines that check if charname is female.

I considered that but I fear the romance talk itself is centric on the entire lesbian theme, so I would essentially need to amend the entire romance chatter.

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345

Shin said:

It's easily moddable. With an editor like NI that lets you edit dialogue and script files, you can simply remove the lines that check if charname is female.

I considered that but I fear the romance talk itself is centric on the entire lesbian theme, so I would essentially need to amend the entire romance chatter.
    That's not necessarily the case I'd say. If you look at the three vanilla male-female romances, only Aerie's ToB part is written in a male-only fashion, if you overlook certain choices of pronouns.
    Okay so I *will* try playing a female character but now comes the hard part: what do I name her? Playing male character was always very easy because it was ok to use my own name, now this one is more difficult.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

Okay so I *will* try playing a female character but now comes the hard part: what do I name her? Playing male character was always very easy because it was ok to use my own name, now this one is more difficult.

Mmmm...

Marina?
    Mariam?

Sorry I'm trying to go similar to "Marcus" for the lulz :D
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Marcy?
    Shenris it is, let's hope this plays out well and my dual wielding katana bombshell breaks some hearts.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Marcia would be the closest female equivalent.

I am just thrilled to have another 'Evil' to choose from, and another thief type to boot. I usually have Jan along for the ride. And while I really enjoy his dry humor and crazy stories, he wasn't doing it for me in my previous evil run through. I wouldn't call him "Good", but I don't see him fitting in with Korgan, Viconia, Edwin, Dorn and an Evil Bloodthirsty Half-Orc Fighter/thief type.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @the_spyder: Quite right - whatever his alignment may be, his personality is just completely out of place in an evil party. Hexxat is a much better fit.
  • 17651765 Member Posts: 71
    I got a great laugh out of this thread, thanks Marcus your posts are great. What next, tears because shes
    black!?!
  • seasea Member Posts: 65
    I know what you mean, man. If I can't fuck it, I don't want it.

Don't worry, I'm sure the fine folks at LoversLab are hard at work on a hot BDSM dungeon mod for the game even as we speak. Then you don't even have to leave your bedroom ever again.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @sea GODDAMNIT HOW DID YOU KNOW
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747

Ok let me try this... here I go with my badass female two katana swinging war mage girl who gets in a relationship with this mysterious female thief and might just get tempted by Dorn on the way. Turns out Haxxet figures out and slaps Dorn, who in turn stomps Haxxet and there is nothing my female character can do about it because well... she is not male so how could she take on Dorn to protect Haxxet?

Well, if that is your attitude toward women in general, you can probably make up for the lack of strength by being a massive dick instead of having one.

• CarfaxCarfax Member Posts: 15
    I think it's pretty sad that they made this character exclusively gay. Why didn't they make her bisexual like Dorn? The vast majority of people playing the game will be heterosexual, and LGBT account for only 4% of the population.

They missed the mark by making her exclusively lesbian...
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    Carfax said:

I think it's pretty sad that they made this character exclusively gay. Why didn't they make her bisexual like Dorn? The vast majority of people playing the game will be heterosexual, and LGBT account for only 4% of the population.

They missed the mark by making her exclusively lesbian...

Missed what mark? They made a character that happens to be a lesbian; that's not a mistake, and they don't have an obligation to include characters only heterosexual males (the largest group of gamers) would enjoy. It certainly doesn't help with getting more people into the gaming hobby.

And yeah, turns out that 4% of the population (though that number certainly isn't widely accepted) is more than 0!
  • AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975
    Carfax said:

This may come as a staggering shock to you, but people can play characters that aren't them. For instance, I am playing a female chaotic evil elven red dragon disciple, despite the fact I am not a single one of those things, and I am considering whether to romance Dorn or Hexxat, despite the fact I would not romance either one of them in real life.

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

Well, if that is your attitude toward women in general, you can probably make up for the lack of strength by being a massive dick instead of having one.

Not really worth getting defensive about it IMO. Dude's being ignorant. What is there to do.

Missed what mark? They made a character that happens to be a lesbian; that's not a mistake, and they don't have an obligation to include characters only heterosexual males (the largest group of gamers) would enjoy. It certainly doesn't help with getting more people into the gaming hobby.

And yeah, turns out that 4% of the population (though that number certainly isn't widely accepted) is more than 0!

What do you mean they don't have an obligation? Like any product, game are marketed and focused towards certain groups that are most likely to buy them. Lesbians and gays aren't going to be playing this game in any significant number, compared to heterosexuals.

So they have a professional obligation to appeal to their core group, which is comprised mostly of heterosexual males, and then heterosexual females.

And if you want to believe the fantasy that gays are 10% of the population, go ahead. The 10% myth has been promulgated by gay rights organizations for so long, that I wouldn't be surprised; although it's been discounted for years..
    Goddammit, I cant play as any of these classes because they are different to what I am in real life, where the hell's the "homophobic white shut-in" class?! Beamdog suck!
    Ayiekie said:

This may come as a staggering shock to you, but people can play characters that aren't them. For instance, I am playing a female chaotic evil elven red dragon disciple, despite the fact I am not a single one of those things, and I am considering whether to romance Dorn or Hexxat, despite the fact I would not romance either one of them in real life.

So?

What does choice in character creation have anything to do with what I said? I'm talking about romance options. My character will not be able to romance Hexxat because someone thought it would be a good idea to make her available to female PCs only..

Nowhere did I say that you shouldn't be able to create and play any kind of character the game allows you to come up with.

You're arguing that choice and diversity are good things to have in games, and yet you want to deny me the CHOICE to romance Hexxat.

They can easily solve this by making Hexxat bisexual rather than gay, which would appease everyone.
    Carfax said:

What do you mean they don't have an obligation? Like any product, game are marketed and focused towards certain groups that are most likely to buy them. Lesbians and gays aren't going to be playing this game in any significant number, compared to heterosexuals.

So they have a professional obligation to appeal to their core group, which is comprised mostly of heterosexual males, and then heterosexual females.

And if you want to believe the fantasy that gays are 10% of the population, go ahead. The 10% myth has been promulgated by gay rights organizations for so long, that I wouldn't be surprised; although it's been discounted for years..

Sorry to break it to you buddy but you might want to re-think being so homophobic. Other people exist outside of your "no gays allowed" basement

"Its bad enough having to put up with the gay agenda in real life without them being in my precious bideo games; why won't developers properly cater for *ME*" - Carfax, posting through a time portal from the '50s

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    And so the blood begins to boil.
    1765 said:

Sorry to break it to you buddy but you might want to re-think being so homophobic. Other people exist outside of your "no gays allowed" basement

"Its bad enough having to put up with the gay agenda in real life without them being in my precious bideo games; why won't developers properly cater for *ME*" - Carfax, posting through a time portal from the '50s

And where did I say I was against the inclusion of S/S romances? If English isn't your first language say so, or perhaps your ability to comprehend the English language isn't very good and that deluded mind of yours is fabricating things that don't exist.

All I've said is that Hexxat should be bi instead of gay so that male PCs can romance her. Is that unreasonable?

This has to do with CHOICE for the PC.. They made Dorn bi, why not Hexxat?

I'm not sure if you have heard it yet, as you seem to be new to the internet, but lesbians do indeed appeal to heterosexual males.

And I think it was fair to make Hexxat lesbian, as apology to female charnames of having only Anomen for years.

There's a great deal of difference between liking women, and wanting to be one, which is what you and the other beta males seem to actually prefer.

I don't want to make a female character, because I'm not a freaking woman. Turning her bi instead of gay would appease both parties...
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    shawne said:

You may romance Aerie, Neera, Jaheira or Viconia instead. Problem solved.

@shawne ok, that was convincing.

I'm rolling a female character :P
This discussion has been closed.