Skip to content

What should overhaul do next?

Comments

• KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    I would like more games in the style of BG or possibly IWD, but they don't have to really be in the Forgotten Realms necessarily... Even though it's become the most recognizeable of the settings, seeing the others would be nice.

The Bhaalspawn's story is done and over, nothing good will come from adding more stuff to it so I don't know if I would want to see a Baldur's Gate 3 so much as I would like to see a spiritual successor to the series...
  • MeepichiMeepichi Member Posts: 40
    I'd love a game set in Kara Tur, with the Oriental Adventures classes. It's not been done as far as I know, and I'm a sucker for Samurai and Ninja action. :)
  • Enhance Planescape! :D
  • Wonderboy2402Wonderboy2402 Member Posts: 121
    @Pantalion I could not agree more on the last point you make about diversifying.

That extensive list of dnd backgrounds, already established, would make for some rich games. I also agree about BG3 perhaps being over and done with... there is SO MUCH more stuff they could pick up and reinvigorate.

I really liked the Project eternity approach as well, which was to create a entirely new world, classes, races. That is also very appealing to me. And I would bet that BeamDog is already looking far out on the horizon while also hammering on Baldur's Gate.
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited February 2014
    First Off: I will apologize in advance for this Post's Length.

Second: I feel that Within the Below Comments are High Quality Ideas; although I do not Support 100% of the Below Ideas, Just a Great Majority of them. I Wish to Compile these Comments of which I feel that they have the Most Potential for Future Content Inspiration for the Kind and Dedicated People at Overhaul.

(Intent for Wall of Text: Ideas to 'Bounce-Off' of all in One Spot + Giving Credit to their Authors.)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "3 things (at the same time) would be good:
    1) torment EE, then IWD EE and IWD 2 EE
    2) more content and bug fixes for BG1&2
    3) BG3" - keiran
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "RnRClown said:

They could continue with further content for BGEE and BG2EE. They should perhaps tread with caution in regard to diluting the original experience too much, though. There is still room for further expansion, but there is also a limit (not that I am going to pretend to know what or when it would be) that should be respected.

I think what RnRClown is very important to keep in my mind. Though I think with the solution Beamdog has used, ie. 95% of the new stuff is tied to the new NPCs it really helps avoiding it. Also stuff like kits is pretty safe. You can option to choose from hundred different kits, but you can still only play one.

With that out of the way here's what I'd like to see. First of all I hope Beamdog keeps working on the BG EEs for another year, at least. We all saw what huge improvement BGEE saw in that time, and they even had to stop working for couple months.

So I'll answer this from the point of view of where I'd like these games to be in November 2014.
    -Obviously they need to finance their continued development so there should be have been couple DLC packs released at that point. I'd personally prefer NPC additions in the way of the current 4 have been done.
    -Overall I'd prefer the DLC model to be closer to original expansion of these games. So lots of stuff bundled together. New NPCs with their quests and areas, new kits, and well those two I really only things I really want to see.
    -Even more improved UI. Lots of usability improvements like eg. the green background for scribeable scrolls. Allowing people to choose the font size they prefer. Fullscreen windowed mode. Etc.
    -Improve moddability. I think this really important to keep the modding community vibrant, and is also the best way to make sure that the EEs are the definite version of BG.
    -I certainly wouldn't hate some graphics improvements as well, or maybe concentrate on making new sprites of their own. There are still plenty of monster in DnD lore that don't appear in BG1 or 2.
    -Finally I of course hope that year from now the game is rock solid, and bug free, both in single and multiplayer modes."
    "1. Continue producing large amounts of post launch content for both games of breathtaking scale?
    - well maybe not LARGE and BREATHTAKING, but I would love to get some more goodies (kits, few more items or other smaller enhancements) in the next patches.
    - DLCs - I would gladly pay 5 euro/pound/dollars/marbles for a new DLC with some new areas/dungeon, perhaps a NPC and a good story to tie it together and make us play for a couple hours more. (Just don't overdo it)

3. Start enhancing another D&D game? + 8. Start making an entirely new D&D game?
    - Why not? This one was a success and D&D is a good system. Whether you choose to enhance or make entirely new one is up to you, you have made your fan base already and we'll look forward to it anyway.

6. Start making Baldur's gate 3? & 7. Start making what is basically Baldur's gate 3, but not actually called Baldur's gate 3? & 9. Start making an entirely new rpg?
    - 'nuff said." - Southpaw
    "@TrentOster Would love another bard character to recruit in BG2, maybe with a bit of music added in from Sam Hulick (and even have music play when you use your bard song ability). Haer'dalis is one of my favourite characters, but he needs a bit of competition in the companion category. I used the Keto mod back in the day, which I really liked, but an offical companion and a bit more love for the bard class would be most appreciated (i.e. real music, and such)." -Fablewynd

"They should make Planescape: Torment EE next - this game really needs enhanced UI for widescreen monitors and big resolutions. By the way, there is a kickstarter project called Torment: Tides of Numenera, which is being made by most of the key devs that created PS:T. It comes out somewhere around 2015 - this might be a good idea to make PS:T EE by that time, so that people who will play Tides of Numenera and who are interested in its spiritual successor will get an enhanced edition of the old game." - Aramintai
    "1. Continue to fix bugs in BG:EE and BG2:EE

2. Release Icewind Dale EE (include all sub-races from IWD2 and all kits from BG2, plus a few new items - that's all they need to do in my book)

3. Release Icewind Dale 2 EE (the sub-races are already present, so they only need to add the kits from BG2, plus a few new items)

Oh, and of course I hope they fix any bugs that are present in the original IWD and IWD2.

I'm honestly not interested in new content for BG1 and BG2. Just keep patching these games until they're in an almost perfect state. Plus, the contract they have may not allow them to create new content for BG1 or BG2 (I don't know).

I think that any new content should be saved for a brand new game (whether BG3 or a different game).

If they do BG3, people will be SOOOO excited, but expectations will be SOOO freaking high that I'm worried lots of fans will be disappointed (no way to avoid this really - I guess the goal is to please more than they disappoint).

If they make another game besides BG3, interest and sales will probably be MUCH lower, but there is less risk of disappointing the fan base (which can be very fickle, and also vocal, if they don't like something).

I still think Overhaul's first priority, after fixing all bugs in BG:EE and BG2:EE, should be IWD:EE and IWD2:EE with all sub-races and kits added to both games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    - roachtbp
    "Purudaya said:

1: Make lots and lots of DLC and Expansions for BGII/TOB.

There are a LOT of stories still to tell - gaps between BG1 and BG2, gaps between BG2 and TOB, more DLC characters, Watcher's Keep-style dungeons, etc. They've already done the groundwork with the engine and proven that they can write, so they might as well build up some revenue with some quality downloadable content.

Maybe do a "Season Pass" option to include, say, 2 new NPCs, one 4-hour adventure, and a massive optional dungeon all to be released over time. I've been loving the overwhelming majority of Beamdog's new BG2 content so far and would really like to see more of it.

This." - comebackhome
    "1: Consolidate.

Both games are out, spend some time to fix what bugs are possible, to open up modding for both games by externalising whatever can be externalised, then release something using all that new functionality that causes every naysayer clinging to the original versions to admit that no mod could pull off what they've done.

2: Release a graphical UI game editor, set up to be solely functional with EE games.

BG has engendered decades of modding with tools that are, frankly, incomprehensible gibberish to the vast majority of players.

For other games, for example Neverwinter Nights, or any modern(ish) Bethesda game, you've got oceans of modded content, based heavily on the fact that their modding tools are actually pretty powerful and comparatively simple. BG is, by its nature as a 2d game of moderate graphics, easier to mod for, has a great modding community, a lot of scope for new stuff and a group of players who are suddenly (re-)interested in it, a sudden explosion of new content would be a great draw to acquire even more interest to the EEs whilst simultaneously helping deal with any concerns of lack of content (one hundred thousand NPC mods in the first month after release? Every PnP class kit ever created done in the first year?).

3: Move on and diversify.

People have already realised Baldur's Gate into Neverwinter Nights, there's nothing stopping Baldur's Gate from doing the same thing itself. There's plenty of scope for AD&D abandonware IP that might be grabbed on the cheap, with pre-existing plotlines, characters, and old people like myself who played them and would like to revisit them. There's a pre-existing AD&D generator with a vast capacity (an infinite "engine", if you will) for handling such games in the exciting and interesting new format of 2D strategy gaming.

Pool of Radiance
    Heroes of the Lance
    Curse of the Azure Bonds
    Dragons of Flame
    Hillsfar
    War of the Lance
    Secret of the Silver Blades
    DragonStrike
    Champions of Krynn
    Eye of the Beholder
    Eye of the Beholder II: The Legend of Darkmoon[
    Shadow Sorcerer
    Pools of Darkness
    Death Knights of Krynn
    Gateway to the Savage Frontier
    Order of the Griffon
    Dungeons & Dragons: Warriors of the Eternal Sun
    The Dark Queen of Krynn
    Treasures of the Savage Frontier
    Spelljammer: Pirates of Realmspace
    Eye of the Beholder III: Assault on Myth Drannor
    Fantasy Empires
    Forgotten Realms: Unlimited Adventures
    Dark Sun: Shattered Lands
    Stronghold
    Dungeon Hack
    Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom
    Dark Sun: Wake of the Ravager
    Slayer
    Ravenloft: Strahd's Possession
    Al-Qadim: The Genie's Curse
    Menzoberranzan
    Ravenloft: Stone Prophet
    DeathKeep
    Dark Sun Online: Crimson Sands
    Blood & Magic
    Birthright: The Gorgon's Alliance
    Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara
    Iron & Blood: Warriors of Ravenloft
    Descent to Undermountain
    Planescape: Torment
    Icewind Dale
    Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter
    Icewind Dale: Trials of the Luremaster
    Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor

This is a non-comprehensive list of 2e D&D games up until the year 2000 or so.

For some, there may be alternative kits to accommodate setting changes.

For most, new items, a slight recalculation of how many enemies are going to show up, maps created into the infinity engine, a few specific enemies, maybe a few graphics items, icons or otherwise.

And.... That's actually pretty much it. You cover Dragonlance, Birthright, Ravenloft, Darksun, Planescape, Spelljammer and a whole lot of Forgotten Realms, you make the areas, you translate the text over (maybe even add a few extra conversation trees), and if a dungeon level requires something that IE wouldn't handle very well (like mazes of illusory walls or an infinite passageway) then a bit of lateral thinking to represent that in I.E.

With such a wide variety of games available, a comparatively small amount of work to get them made, and a proven reputation with one of the most popular D&D games ever, Overhaul has plenty of things they can overhaul, which would in turn be moddable. And this is without the grand undertaking of a game of BG's scope for the eventual BG sequel/spinoff." - Pantalion
    Thank You for Surviving the Wall of Text!
    Here Is What I Wish for Overhaul to Accomplish within a Possible Situation of 'drifting directionlessly in the black void of post-development uncertainty'[ - ajwz].
    Make One 'Super Expansion Pack' to Bridge the Two Epic Enhanced Games: Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast and Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal.

Within Such a 'Super Expansion Pack' would Include but is not Limited to:
    - Having the New Content be Placed in both Baldur's Gate 1 & II, being called Baldur's Gate: The Complete Saga or Something Similar like 'Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga Enhanced Edition'.
    - Adding More Addition Side Stories with Expansive Side-Quest Lines and or 'Tie-Up' 'Loose Ends'. -Adding more of what makes Baldur's Gate So Great: Multiple Epic Tales Colliding and Clashing Together.
    -Add More Areas for these 'New Stories' to take place as Overhaul has done in the past with their NPCs.
    -If Possible Give Extra Depth to the 'Lesser' Existing Aspects of the Games to Really Fine Polish Them.
    -Write Your Guy's Hearts Out Because Overhaul can Delver the Goods for these RPGs. Give the Two Games an Extra Super Rich Layer of Story and Adventure all Spun and Forged into one Titan of a Story Telling Experience that is the RPG Great that we know and Love: Baldur's Gate.
    Once that Huge Undertaking and Rewarding Experience is Taken and Truly Completed.
    A.) Planescape: Torment [Enhanced Edition]

B.) Icewind Dale: H.o.W. [Enhanced Edition]

C.) Icewind Dale II: [Expansion Pack (Enhanced Edition)]

-The Above Order with: [Planescape: Torment > Icewind Dale: H.o.W. > Icewind Dale II] is because:
    Planescape: Torment is a Much Loved Classic RPG and Here is Why:
    (I Will Speak for the People Who Rated the Below Games on Metacritic.com as of: 21/02/2014)

Metacritic____________Rating_|__Votes__|_User_Votes_%
    *********************************************************************************************************************
    Planescape:Torment___91/94_|_22/475_|_62.2903%
    Icewind Dale__________87/85_|_29/180_|_27.09677%_(23.2258%_+_3.8709%)
    Icewind Dale: H.o.W.___74/76_|_15/30__|__3.8709%
    Icewind Dale: II________83/85_|_22/90__|_11.6129%

From the Above One Can See That Icewind Dale + H.o.W. 'Beats' Icewind Dale II on Terms of Critic + User Ratings and Total Number of Votes. The above RPG 'Enhancement' Progression is Also Supported by Overhaul's Previous Actions in that Baldur's Gate: T.o.t.S.C. Was 'Enhanced' Before Baldur's Gate II: T.o.B.
    [I do Realize that 'Metacritic' is not the 'Best' way to Gauge RPGs, but I feel that 775 People who Voted had More Time Playing the Above RPGs than I; so I felt it Best for their Voices to be Heard over my own.]
    I'm Giving Away some of my Personal Future Baldur's Gate Saga Expansion Pack Ideas in the .zip file Below for I have more or less Abandoned them for a New Series that I Wish to Work on in the Future.

I currently feel that I will most likely not be the one who will Improve the Baldur's Gate Saga for I have my 'sites' set on a New (Possible) D&D RPG Series. So with that Said, I Hereby Donate this Small Portion of my Personal Game Concept (Products of Passion from Over the Years) to the Community of Baldur's Gate.

If these files can in Someway Improve the Quality of the Baldur's Gate Saga, then I would feel Guilty to Withhold them from the Dedicated Community of One of my Most Inspiring Game Sagas: Baldur's Gate.

(P.S. The Files Below are all in 'Rough Draft' Stages so don't be too cruel, they are just 'Idea Sparkers'.)
    Congratulations! You Have Beaten The Wall of Text: Tales of the Lost Time! [Credits Below:]
    With the Best of Intentions:

Within Amnesia

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Beamdog should take more care of their Android programmer, that person has been very busy, what if he falls sick?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    CrevsDaak said:

Beamdog should take more care of their Android programmer, that person has been very busy, what if he falls sick?

Boo's on standby.
  • AlextonAlexton Member Posts: 5
    I'm a simple person. I would love to see IWD 1&2 getting EE.

I havent played those games in ages and i cant remember if you had HLA in them like ToB, but i remember you could get quite high level. Kits and HLA included and some minor reworks and it should be golden. EE Planescape would also be a perfectly viable option.

Whatever they might decide to do i think they've done a great job on BG:ee (both games) and i'm looking forward to see the next project.

• TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 209
    1. Some kind of dungeon in-between BG:EE and BG2:EE. I bet that on the map between Baldur´s Gate and Athkatla are several places worthy of vivification by making an adventure based on a dungeon, like Watcher´s Keep is between SoA and ToB, but for levels 3+.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Of course I would love to see more content for BGEE and BG2EE. But above all I long to see BG3 finally come into being. Hopefully I can have my cake and eat it too!
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Well, first, I think they should make sure the Android version works. Then, work on patch 1.3. After that, Adventure Y, which from what I'm hearing, is that nice little adventure that bridges BGEE and BG2EE together. Next, BG3, which I think should be a prequel of some sort. Lastly, IWDEE and IWD2EE.

Since I'm not a big fan of Planescape: Torment, I could really careless if they made an EE for it.
  • BlucherBlucher Member Posts: 110
    In no particular order, I'd like to see:

1) EEs of the IWD games and PS:T.
    2) DLCs/expansions along the lines of Durlag's Tower and Watcher's Keep.
    3) Modding tools, docs, and changes to make modding easier.
    4) A new game using the infinity engine.
  • CaradocCaradoc Member Posts: 92
    1. Some kind of expansion which ties bg1ee and bg2ee together. I'd love to see how PC, Jaheira, Imoen, Minsc and Khalid got captured in the first place. I'd also like to see the duel between irrenicus and Dynaheir.

2. Improve bg1ee npcs. More dialog, more banter and more party member related quests.

3. Patching remaining bugs never hurts either :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2014
    Nevermind
    Post edited by elminster on
  • RewolfRewolf Member Posts: 102
    I agree with most of the stuff which is said here. For me, in order of importance, what I would like seeing Overhaul focussing on:

1. Fixing the last bugs in BG:EE & BG2:EE. Once they got rid of this, they can focus on the next step (first you should repair/improve your current work before starting something new)

2. Improve/Bring out easier modding tools. This way the community can already take over a lot of work people would like to see such as new adventures, npc's, banters etc.

3. Create an overlapping adventure/story between BG1 and BG2

4. Focus on a new game :)
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    Great that one listed the old SSI game titles.

Champions of krynn would rock. But the Krynn settings were destroyed to my knowledge. I always thought that these old games had epic adventuring in it. And now adays we have the engines to create
    them how we envisioned how it would look in reality back then.

So SSI titles in 3d or NWN enhanced edition Mr. Oster....
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    what is overhaul up to these days? Are they working on anything or are they in hiatus?
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited February 2014
    Android.
    And working on a 1.3 patch.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @EnterHaerDalis
    There are a couple of things going simultaneously, actually:

We're currently testing the game on Android devices, and getting ready for a major patch for BG:EE.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    Dee said:

@EnterHaerDalis
    There are a couple of things going simultaneously, actually:

We're currently testing the game on Android devices, and getting ready for a major patch for BG:EE.

major patch huh

hopefully you guys will decide to re-write the memory handling once more and make it playable again like the pre 1.2 days when things were smooth and life was good ;)
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited March 2014

Well, first, I think they should make sure the Android version works. Then, work on patch 1.3. After that, Adventure Y, which from what I'm hearing, is that nice little adventure that bridges BGEE and BG2EE together. Next, BG3, which I think should be a prequel of some sort. Lastly, IWDEE and IWD2EE.

Since I'm not a big fan of Planescape: Torment, I could really careless if they made an EE for it.

With all respect friend I have a similar but different opinion than yourself. I feel that the Existing Bugs should be worked out and extra content added if need be, but Planescape: Torment and the Icewind Dale Saga should be done before Baldur's Gate 3. This is why:
    Baldur's Gate 3 Should be the Greatest Game in the Saga. I do not want to Dream of what could have been, nor even less so on future events to possibly regret. I want Baldur's Gate 3 to be the Very Very Best it can be. There is only One Spot and that Spot has the Dreams and Hearts of such a Passionate Fan base counting on it. What a shame it would be if Baldur's Gate 3 was made less than what it could be. With the above said, without further ado I propose this:
    1.) Planescape: Torment E.E. -> Icewindale + H.o.W. E.E. -> Icewind Dale II Enhanced Edition Full Expansion Pack (It 'needs' one).
    or
    2.) Icewind Dale II Enhanced Edition Full Expansion Pack -> Icewind Dale + H.o.W. E.E. -> Planescape: Torment E.E.
    Here is Why: (<- More People Need this 'Why' in Their Posts; What Point is Strength Without Vision?)
    Experience!
    Experience Friends, it is what can make Baldur's Gate 3 'De-Thrown' Baldur's Gate II as the 'Best' Game in the Saga. If the Passionate Folks at Overhaul can Work their Magic with the Infinity Engine Siblings of the Baldur's Gate Saga then Maybe just Maybe they can have an Edge up on the Timeline where Overhaul Produced Baldur's Gate 3 Before the Icewind Dale and Planescape: Torment Enhanced Editions. The Edge stated above would be all of the Great Small Little Things that Add Up and that come with an Experienced Prowess within any field of Work or Passion. 9/10 Experience is what Tips the Scales in Any Fight and it is the same in Creating Works of Passion. Imagine The Mona Lisa Painted with Half the Experience as it is currently Painted with; it would most likely look Worse. So with that Understanding Friends is it Too much to say that if Overhaul Gained more Experience Working on more Infinity Engine RPGs that when they come to Tackle Baldur's Gate 3 that they 'Might' just make a Better Quality Saga with More Experience than if they had Less Experience?

I want Baldur's Gate 3 to be the Very Very Best that it can Be and nothing less. Although let us be real here, there will be 'disappointments' and the hype could be a bad thing; but there can be a hell of lot less 'disappointments' if the people behind Overhaul work with more Experience under Their Collective Belt (I'm Not Saying that they are by any means or with any stretch of the imagination that they are 'Bad'). I'm not attacking Overhaul (That is the last thing that my Intent is placed into) I just want the Very Very Best Possible Baldur's Gate 3 and no 'Half-Baked Over-Hyped Piece of Disappointment'. Albeit those would be fighting words here and I gladly express that I Do Not Believe That Overhaul has produced said 'Half-Baked Over-Hyped Pieces of Disappointment'; rather just the opposite. Although I still want Overhaul to be at their Very Very Best when Tackling Baldur's Gate 3; even if that Very Very Best is Years Away, there is only one Baldur's Gate 3 Spot and it should be done with all the Respect that it Should Demand.

Does that make any Sense? (Please Ask some questions if need be.)

With the Best of Intentions

Within Amnesia

• chbrookschbrooks Member Posts: 86
    Personally, I'd like to see this Adventure Y thing. I think that will give a good feel for what Overhaul is capable of doing with an original story of their own.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I'd love a new game, a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate but also combining a number of features from other titles. Naturally it would be a party based isometric fantasy RPG with the following features:

1) Continued cross-platform PC/iOS/Android development and support. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to see these historic rivals all cozying up on these forums around a great game.

2) A strong original story with interesting and diverse party members, dialogue and quests. This is the lifeblood of the Baldur's Gate games. Drawing aspects of Planescape: Torment's stat and alignment-based dialogue would be great, as would integration of in-game social skills similar to NWN or ToEE's diplomacy/bluff/intimidate etc.

3) Ease of moddability and possibly module creation tools. The Aurora toolset was NWN's biggest asset and having similar utility for a party-based isometric game would be incredible.

4) Co-op multiplayer with matching for the main campaign and any modules. Integrated VOIP would be a plus, as would NWN-like DM features.

I'm agnostic with regard to ruleset and setting. I have an affection for 2E but it has significant limitations. In terms of non-combat skills and character customisation there's a lot to be said for 3.0/3.5 or their SRD equivalents. If the game could integrate climb, jump, knowledge or any of the dozens of niche skills in a meaningful way it would make me smile.

While an original setting would be novel it'll also likely take longer to develop, though I appreciate that dealing with WoTC also has downsides. I trust that either scenario would lead to a rich, deep story with a hint of vanilla and a smooth finish.
  • TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 209
    Corvino said:

If the game could integrate climb, jump, knowledge or any of the dozens of niche skills in a meaningful way it would make me smile.

It just struck me that swimming would make a great addition too, as well as some customizable mode of transportation from one place to another, sort of a wagon, with containers of every type. For a moment, I fantasized of flying, but then again, I know only of airships of either Halruaan design, or by gnome Oswald Fiddlebender in ID 1+2, and the Netheril floating cities... the thing that a nintendo 64 game Zelda:Ocarina of Time had going was the ability to move on land by a summonable mount, swim in any water area, travel to temple by teleport, and finally, time travel by pulling of the master sword...
  • firefighter26firefighter26 Member Posts: 10
    I've always believed in substance and game play depth over cutting edge graphics and polygon count; and to be perfectly honest, the Enhanced Editions of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 fill a void in the RPG gaming scene that has never been fully filled by MMOs. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of MMOs and some of them, such as Blizzard's World of Warcraft, have an amazing amount of lore/depth and customizable options; however, sometimes I just want to crawl through a Dungeon at my own pace without the constant carrot on a stick treadmill feeling of having to get the best gear all of the time.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I believe that in inXile's long awaited release of Wasteland 2, which graphically reminds me a lot of BG, we'll see a push to return to the classic D&D inspired rules and isometric, top down view RPGs.

First person shooters are a dime a dozen these days but a game with immersive story lines, dynamic characters and NPCs that interact with each other, and a world to explore full of depth and intrigue are a rare diamond in the rough. I would personally like to see Overhaul get the nod to take what they have learned while rebuilding BG1EE and BG2EE and ply their craft at a completely new stand alone IP.

I am sure all of us want to see a BG3, but I also know that working on a BG3 universe is a lot like wearing handcuffs whereas a new, stand alone IP, leaves the creative and development teams open to putting in so much more that wouldn't fit properly into a BG3 world.
  • toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
    Simple get out of the gaming industry, both games are not getting great reviews, or fire their game testers. Bg2 ee has serious bugs and flaws