Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Meme Thread II: Enhanced Edition (Careful, everyone, SPOILERS!)

Comments

• DragonOfShadesDragonOfShades Member Posts: 56
    @Artona replace the Wand of Paralyzation with "Reload and Great Whirlwind Attack" and it would be me :)

Here I come with my first meme, too:

(It's a Heroes of Might&Magic 3 mod called "In the Wake of Gods". It uses a lot of BG portraits and spell sprites)
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    I love that disloyal man meme. His facial expression is priceless.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    edited August 2017
    tbone1 said:

Ironically perhaps, House was quite the atheist. I sometimes feel something is missing by having no real healer apart from clerics (or specialized mages in other settings, like DA).
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    BillyYank said:

HAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHA yup

• lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Am I awful of I agree rather than like?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Nah.

Though the Seducer kit is actually pretty balanced overall. It's just that, even after I closed a couple of massive exploits, I still found more tricks in the process of playing it... even the second time around, when I forbade myself from using the level drain trick that let me bring two dragons to fight Melissan. The Seducer kit does have the most potential if pushed to its limit, but played normally, it's probably just in the top 10 classes at best.
    Well that is true. If one does not think about all the ways to lower saves and such to let the charms stick then it can be played as normal. Just in your hands.... :)
    @Iroumen: Actually, I barely even used the charms in that run. All I used was the Seduction spell to bring monsters into the party. My main character rarely tried to charm critters in-combat because Seducers have the worst defenses of any class in the game. A Seducer using its psionics in combat has worse AC than a Kensai, HP no better than a mage's, and no Stoneskins or resistances or any other special defenses to keep them alive. Plus, their movement rate is sluggish, so they can't even run away effectively. They're extremely easy to kill.

That said, an Archer's Called Shot would work very well in concert with a Seducer's Domination spell.
    Ah right that was the other run. That seduction ability is also quite something. Maybe I will check the code to see how that actually worked.
    @Iroumen: Basically, it sets the target's AI to a custom script that adds them to the party. However, it won't work against people who aren't already under the effects of Domination of Charm when it hits, it won't work if the target is more than half the Seducer's level, it won't work on critters with the MINHP1.itm or are otherwise impossible to kill, it won't work on golems or swords or statues, and it offers a save vs. spell to negate the effect.

If the target doesn't have a character class, the spell turns them into a fighter, but also imposes a 50% XP penalty. Then it gives the target some starting XP based on its level.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    The last one is really good!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    This reminded me of the "kill everything that moves" challenge... :)
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Here's a better challenge: take an exact copy of Tarnesh as charname and go through the entire saga, Legacy of Bhaal, without ever levelling up.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    mlnevese said:

This reminded me of the "kill everything that moves" challenge... :)

ah, so basically every play through i do...... :)
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    edited November 2017
    Dungeons & Dragons meets Dragonball.

• ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428

Dungeons & Dragons meets Dragonball.

@Valmyr