Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Meme Thread II: Enhanced Edition (Careful, everyone, SPOILERS!)

Comments

• DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    @Jenzafar I'm def using that pic for my next CHARNAME
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    Jenzafar said:

Well, the name of this meme *is* Vengeance Dad . . .

LMAO!
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Jenzafar said:

(To be fair, I haven't read the series. My qualms about posting this melted, however, when I read that Charname romances Bodhi and is ultimately killed by Viekang.)

Nice meme!

Sadly that is actually the best of the trilogy (which says nothing)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Necomancer Good to know I'm not the only one.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    Quartz said:

I'm not sure if its OCD or shame that my party is quickly becoming a harem but either way I must admit to having this problem, with some shame.

I am very fondly reminded of a certain post by @Brude.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/124630#Comment_124630
    This is one of the best things.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited February 2014
    Well, I certainly don't care, despite I'm one with Balance...
    This is how my current BG2:EE run is going, oh, yeah, it might look like that picture was taken right after that comment.
    Post edited by CrevsDaak on
    @Crevsdaak Occasionally I say "screw it" and end up with a party of nearly all female NPCs. You know, whenever I play a bard...or choose Coran as my CHARNAME
    And besides the balance between male/female I need to have balance in the ranged/melee axis as well...
    mlnevese said:

And besides the balance between male/female I need to have balance in the ranged/melee axis as well...

I like one person on bows, one on crossbows, and one (the wizard) on slings. Melee I have one shield user, one two handed weapon user and one dual wielder.

Or I would, if BG2 didn't have a huge surplus of characters who use slings and shortbows. Seriously, Imoen, Nalia, Yoshimo, I'm sure theres others and even Mazzy. Why couldn't Mazzy use longbows? Racism, I say.

That being said Viconia and Aerie both use slings in my run, because they tend to die horribly if they don't.

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

Quartz said:

I'm not sure if its OCD or shame that my party is quickly becoming a harem but either way I must admit to having this problem, with some shame.

I am very fondly reminded of a certain post by @Brude.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/124630#Comment_124630
    This is one of the best things.
    Is it self-serving to agree with you on that one? =P
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited February 2014
    deleted by request
    Post edited by BelgarathMTH on
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    I'm the opposite. My parties tend to be dominated by men, except for CHARNAME. Usually attractive elven men who want to romance her. >.>

I'd like to say it is a conincidence, but I'd probably be lying. Still, I like to at least get one other gal in there, to be CHARNAME's gal pal and gossip about the guys. Or be her one lesbian romance. Hey, I'm open to whatever.
    edited February 2014
    Hrm...mods, would it be alright if I made a thread about this (party composition and gender)? I could see it kind of going to the...Eldoths and Shar-Teels, but it could be fun. I have my own eccentricities in this regard.
    edited February 2014
    @SCARY_WIZARD Go on. If people start to make comments against the forum rules or if you don't like the way the thread is going we can always close it.

Post edited by mlnevese on
    mlnevese said:

@SCARY_WIZARD Go on. If people start to make comments against the forum rules or if you don't like the way the thread is going we can always close the thread.

Here you go!: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/30526/companions-cooties-gender-composition-of-your-parties?new=1

This is why I love Quayle. He comes with his own hipster glasses AND has enough pretension to pull it off.

And, like, a fedora-lookking thing.