Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Meme Thread II: Enhanced Edition (Careful, everyone, SPOILERS!)

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited August 2014
    @Metalloman‌ my drawing skills are limited to stick figures :)
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Same here, and bad photoshops, obviously.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309

Meme Generator is running slow for me so I will just release this in a statement. Please Imagine Peter Griffin in my text
    You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

By the time you get Time Stop, half the enemies you want to use it on, are immune to it.

It's funny; I almost never actually use Time Stop because 90% of enemies don't feel like they'd warrant a 9th Level spell, and the ones that do are either immune to it or else would shrug off any offensive spells from my wizard while easily dispatching any summons they could bust out. I could use the time to cast buffs, but I usually have everything I need going into the fight, so why bother with that?

Exactly the point I was trying to make.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    @Sergio, like @lolien said both Ravager and Demogorgon are immune, also Balthazar, and at least one of the Twisted Rune guys in the bridge district. I *think* Kangaxx is too.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Timestop can be useful if for example you have a multi-class figher/mage with access to both 9th level spells and Greater Whirlwind Attack. Especially if s/he is carrying the Robe of Vecna to allow faster casting.

Example: You enter Yaga-Shura's lair and are attacked by 5 or 6 Fire Giants: Cast Timestop, cast GWW, and proceed to beat them up in your free time dual-wielding Crom Faeyr and Celestial Fury. There might be a Giant or two left for your party to kill.

(Of course the problem is to get a multi-classed character to level 18 mage... Some powergaming may be needed!)
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428

Timestop can be useful if for example you have a multi-class figher/mage with access to both 9th level spells and Greater Whirlwind Attack. Especially if s/he is carrying the Robe of Vecna to allow faster casting.

Example: You enter Yaga-Shura's lair and are attacked by 5 or 6 Fire Giants: Cast Timestop, cast GWW, and proceed to beat them up in your free time dual-wielding Crom Faeyr and Celestial Fury. There might be a Giant or two left for your party to kill.

(Of course the problem is to get a multi-classed character to level 18 mage... Some powergaming may be needed!)

Or you could dual-class and use Improved Haste instead...nah, that's silly.
    Southpaw said:

I agree on this one @Abi_Dalzim‌.
    You're not unreasonable; it's not like you eat anyone's eyes.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Southpaw said:

@meagloth - you just made me think about a run with a mage (I almost never play mages) and use exclusively the highest level spells possible for anything.
    (Gibberlings? Better cast Gate!)

I can only assume you were an 8-bit Theater fan... Black Mage only casts 9th level spells, despite having only 1per day iirc. :p
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    DreadKhan said:

I can only assume you were an 8-bit Theater fan... Black Mage only casts 9th level spells, despite having only 1per day iirc. :p

yep. That's how it is.
    also...

FIGHTERDOKEN!!!!!!
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    edited August 2014

Southpaw said:

Or go for them, right @booinyoureyes‌ ?

@DreadKhan - uhm. yes. I read part of it and found it hilarious.
    Southpaw said:

Southpaw said:

Or go for them, right @booinyoureyes‌ ?
    I'm starting to worry that my Jonathan Coulton reference is going over people's heads.