Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Meme Thread II: Enhanced Edition (Careful, everyone, SPOILERS!)

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I used skie once, if I remember correctly, she is a lamer version of imoen
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    @bengoshi Can you quote the dialogue? I'd love to see it but never want to romance Neera again.
  • HalfOrcBeastmasterHalfOrcBeastmaster Member Posts: 301
    bengoshi said:

These are the Christmas gifts from 2009 at the gamefaqs forums. I smiled at the Lilacor (will be interesting to @tobajas‌ I guess) and Viconia parts especially:

From here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/258273-baldurs-gate-ii-shadows-of-amn/52787381

Huh. Kind of funny, actually. But, uh, who drew them? I've tried to track 'em down, but it seems the person who posted them didn't actually draw them. Odd.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Jenzafar said:

@bengoshi Can you quote the dialogue? I'd love to see it but never want to romance Neera again.

It's in BG2EE and unfortunately I didn't make a save before the banter. Charname started romancing with both Neera and Dorn and after several dialogues Neera said that I have to choose between them. One answer option mentioned a risk of losing a head while telling Dorn about choosing Neera:)

In the end, I had to dismiss red Dorn from the party and then take him back.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520

Jenzafar said:

I tried to romance Dorn and Hexxat at the same time once. They got into a tiff where Dorn got all possessive. My evil charname tried to be all, "Come now, I'm sure all three of us can reach an arrangement" but neither of them was willing. I chose Dorn and Hexxat said she was surprised; she didn't take me for the suicidal type.

Maybe someday I'll go back and choose Hexxat. Provoking Dorn is a lot of fun (I guess I AM the suicidal type.)

No kidding. I remember the first time I romanced Dorn while in kind-of sort-of situations with Hexxat and Rasaad in a cross-alignment party. After I slept with Dorn the first time, Hexxat said she was surprised, because she thought I had taste (me-oow! I'd say cat fight, but Charname was the only other woman) and Rasaad broke up with me because he couldn't believe I would take that "monster" to bedroll (seriously, why can't anyone remember Dorn's name? He remember's Alorgoth's name just fine.).
    I'm sure they remember it just fine; they just pointedly refuse to use it...

I'm sure they remember it just fine; they just pointedly refuse to use it...

Ah, of course. Because calling him "blackguard" or "Dorn" would imply he was a person - an evil person, of course, but a person nonetheless - so calling him "half-orc" allows them to pretend he's a thing rather than a person.

Ironically, even the people who come after him call him by name. Seriously, if he hadn't worked hard on that NE alignment I'd be tempted to invoke Van Helsing Hate Crimes (but I do know better - I've played his quests)
    Jenzafar said:

@HalfOrcBeastmaster
    He who must not be named!

Trolololol

Okay, that's actually pretty funny.